Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Katherine Zappone Envoy Gig

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 13,365 ✭✭✭✭McMurphy

You still reckon it's a nothing burger though, right? 🤣

• Registered Users Posts: 26,986 ✭✭✭✭Dempo1

I hope you didn't use any bad language in front of mammy and friends. Great story and I think it's reflective on what die hard FG supporters are thinking. I'm not a FG supporter, indeed very A Political, I was impressed, briefly at Leo's early handling of the Pandemic but something went to his head, loss of top job, I don't know but its been over a year of Gaffes, Arrogance, Malicious leaks, Mixed messages, undermining of coalition colleagues, GP contract debacle, fighting with NPHET, it's been utterly appalling to witness. Simon Coveney is just Ghastly and he's mercs and perks episode insured he lost all credibility along time ago, if one positive comes out of this debacle, it will be him never leading FG.

Leo, won't, but he should do the decent thing and Go, who knows, even a UN envoy post might be in the offing 😉

Is maith an scáthán súil charad.

I dont think so....if they collaspe government,they are more likely to be in government than fg....the party is toxic as fcuk with its carryon last few months,and its cult of personality built around varadkar,deosnt sell outside dublin and is prime for internal bloodletting,given how detractors (particulary female) have been sidelined,leaves it potentially at risk,given the ever increasing likelyhood of gendar quotas (have they even done basic work around it??)

I was monumentally impressed by leo when the pandemic first hit.

Perhaps it was my fear of the unknown, my terror for the future of my family etc, but his addresses were comforting and seemingly honest.

Now I know he was just, and still is, like the rest of them; a lying c u n t

• Registered Users Posts: 7,658 ✭✭✭Floppybits

This is payback from Varadkar for the people of Ireland not giving him and his party the most seats in the last election. He didn't take the result well on the night and it seems since he went in with FF he has been doing everything possible to p**s everyone off.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,447 ✭✭✭Calhoun

This is good to see as FG has been very adept at passing the buck to FF when it comes to PR and this isn't one he can run from and if it keeps growing legs i could see it take him down or this could be the moment it really starts his descent down.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,362 ✭✭✭PokeHerKing

As the old saying goes, it's better to be lucky than good. Most of life is timing dependent. I don't think everyone gets how different their lives could be if the timing shifted.

Looked backed at that Interview Leo gave last evening, he really did look quite rattled, it looked like he had a spot of soggy bottom?, kept moving around, looking down, fidgety 😉

It's times like this I miss the political shows, Saturdaywith Katie Hannon, Late Debate, week in politics etc. Leo's timing good but this is not over quite yet.

We know we're cardboard cut out Simon Harris is, were is the illusive Simon Coveney, he's gone all quite🤔🤔

• Advertisement

Failte Ireland have updated their outdoor concert event guidence, in particular explaining no dancing at concerts.

Guests should remain absolutely still, No twerking, Twitching, Girating and remain absolutely still no matter how good the music is.

A helpful picture has been uploaded on their ever changing website, for those unclear on how this will work.

Guests can however smile 😁

• Registered Users Posts: 16,138 ✭✭✭✭iamwhoiam

Exactly how I feel . In the early days of the pandemic Leo and Simon Harris seemed reassuring and calming

My admiration waned over time to a point when last night Leo looked like a snivelling 12 year old who when caught out blames the whole class for it and gets his Daddy to back him up .

• Registered Users Posts: 9,417 ✭✭✭Cluedo Monopoly

Radio 1 Playback is priceless on this story. Major own goal. It won't be forgotten. Playback worth a listen though, it's like comedy.

What are they doing in the Hyacinth House?

Fianna Fail, don't you dare bring down this government!! Don't you dare!!

Time enough for that.... 😉

Post edited by Cluedo Monopoly on

• Registered Users Posts: 16,138 ✭✭✭✭iamwhoiam

Just watched Leos performance there. Have to say I can't agree with the various posters claiming it was car crash. As far as the average joe is concerned I believe it will be perceived as an honest attempt at explaining himself.

I'm politically agnostic. They're all humans and equally capable of being snakes. But I was hoping/expecting car crash and didn't get it imo.

The interviewer missed the most obvious question as far as I'm concerned, how coincidental it was that the only establishment in the country that appeared to understand the guidelines was the one place that accommodated this shindig.

Also that since then the same booking was attempted and declined. But Leo can only swing at what's thrown at him and from the perspective of survive at all costs political game I don't see this being the card that brings him down.

Radio 1 Playback from 9am to 10am on Saturdays. It's a review of the week's Radio and TV highlights. The first 10-15 mins covered Merriongate.

I think it's repeated on Radio 1 tomorrow around 4pm.

• Registered Users Posts: 69,175 ✭✭✭✭FrancieBrady

This is NOT about him trying to slither out of the impact of his leaking, people could detach themselves from that and keep it at a remove.

This was him trying to slither out of taking responsibility for ignoring advice that cost ordinary people a huge amount over the course of the pandemic.

He has roundly been rubbished for bullshitting his way through that interview as well as any of the low hanging FG reps FG has insulted the intelligence of the voter with to defend him.

Very few people are buying it, they are reminded time and again of the sacrifices they made while this entitled narcissist and his cronies suited themselves.

It's the average punter that counts. People with political allegiances or ideologies will disagree but I didn't see any of the so called stumbling, fidgeting etc that some posters were claiming. I saw vintage political deflection that's worked on the general public since day dot.

I'll be happy enough to see Leo get lanced, they've all got a shelf life and I definitely think his is drawing to a close but as far as the sword, I dont think that interview is it.

But I also don't really care either, his replacement will have his own controversies as well. I was just expecting to see a carcrash and IMO I didn't get one.

• Advertisement

You were possibly watching a different interview than the rest of us.

This was no polished performance, Leo looked uneasy, shifty, and had the look of a liar about him. I think his race is almost run.

• Registered Users Posts: 171 ✭✭FoFo1254122

I have always disliked Leo. His comparison between Fianna Fáil and priests molesting altar boys was a disgrace and he should have quit or been sacked immediately

what normal person talks like that -

• Registered Users Posts: 69,175 ✭✭✭✭FrancieBrady

The interview will 'contribute' to his demise rather than bring it all down.

There is serous damage done here...you should be astute enough to know that when they all went to ground and hid for a few days.

• Registered Users Posts: 481 ✭✭mariab21

Still no senior FG minister out to bat for Leo yet, games nearly up.

Surprised Simom Harris or Paschal havnt been called homophobic on here for not standing with Leo on this

Yeah I'm not arguing that damage hasn't been done. I'm mostly referencing the interview, thought it was going to pour petrol on the fire. But IMHO it didn't.

So yeah overall I'm not convinced this will be the end of leaky Leo.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,926 ✭✭✭Andrea B.

Paschal and Simon Harris would be best advised to keep quite, Paschal still has questions to answer re his own little meeting with Katherine prior to appointment, Simon Harris is likely to have been Leaker in chief so I suspect both will be keeping very, very Quite for a while

I wasn't aware of that offensive comparison 🤔 but I've been wondering about how Leo runs his constituency clinics, it's always intrigued me, given his smugness, arrogance and total lack of empathy how he deals with constituents have real problems. I certainly wouldn't want to be in need of seeking any representation by him.

But sure there was that time he was out helping during covid at the travellers site, he was doing that out of the goodness of his own heart, and definitely not for the limelight and photo opp, his mate who's not really his mate just happened to be there taking photos of.thr site on the same day, and I have it on good authority that Leo kept straying into his snaps (by accident) hence how he managed to appear in so many of them.

• Advertisement

Horrible Day 🙁

Advertisement