Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Waterford GAA Thread - Mod note post #1

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,330 ✭✭✭deise08

Dunno about online, but usually centras have all the County stuff cos I thiinkk they're a sponsor? Got mine in the maxol petrol station on Dunmore Road last time.

Wat v Lim

1 S O'Brien

2 I Kenny

3 C Prunty

4 S McNulty

5 C Lyons

6 S Bennett

7 K Bennett

8 J Barron

9 P Hogan

10 J Fagan

11 J Prendergast

12 St Bennett

13 D Hutchinson

14 A Gleeson

15 P Curran

SUBS B Nolan,K Moran, D Lyons, B Power, S Fives, M Kiely, N Montgomery, J Dillon, C Gleeson, C Dunford, M Kearney

• Registered Users Posts: 579 ✭✭✭puzl

No changes.. fair play to the lads who got their place because of an injury but kept it through effort. Always good to see that in a team.. fierce competition for a starting position is essential to be successful. Win or lose we've a fine team now and I know we're all very proud of what they've achieved over the last few weeks. Hopefully we can get past Limerick and have a right crack at Liam.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,185 ✭✭✭seananigans

for those who like it visually

• Registered Users Posts: 1,185 ✭✭✭seananigans

I think the most impressive thing is what we have on the bench , to a man,they are all good enough to start

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 428 ✭✭blueflame

Fair play to Cahill and Co - showing great belief in the entire panel and with a bit of luck tomorrow that belief will be rewarded - com’on lads - let’s give it a right rattle 💙🤍💙🤍

• Registered Users Posts: 888 ✭✭✭skaface

I think we're in a great position.. All the pressure is on Limerick tomorrow. Hopefully we'll have a proper cut off them and with a bit of luck get over the finish line and reach the All lreland Final. Best of luck to Liam Cahill, his backroom staff and all the panel tomorrow.. The whole county is behind ye lads.. We're playing hurling the way it should be played.

UP THE DÉISE 💙

• Registered Users Posts: 38,294 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

Been a mad few weeks and who would of expected 4 trips to 4 Stadiums

Let's hope we're on the road again on the 22nd August

• Registered Users Posts: 1,250 ✭✭✭Mastermcgrath

Win lose or draw tomorrow, never been more proud of a Waterford team. If you told us last year we’d get to an AI semi with another shot at Limerick without De burca, SOK, Mahony and Iarlaith Daly available would have said you we were mad. Liam Cahill and Mickey Bevans have instilled a belief in this group that anything is possible, beating Limerick tomorrow is more than possible.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,447 ✭✭✭decies

• Advertisement

Right good luck to team and us travelling up tomorrow. Shout till your hoarse with support . Let’s get over the line . 2 wins from history . Let’s do this !!

• Registered Users Posts: 41 Whitenblue93

nerves Are kicking in but have a good feeling they’ll do the business. COME ON THE DEISE ⚪️🔵⚪️🔵⚪️🔵⚪️🔵

My heart wants us to win,so much more than i can describe after the debacle and way fanning was treated in 2019,to be 70 mins from back-to-back all ireland final apperances is unreal achievement and a tribute to honesty,hard work and belief instilled by cahill and bevena

But my head tells me,limk are too strong in too many areas,where we can be exploited,coming in fresh,while we are 4 weeks on trot.......but they arent unbeatable,as seen by the league,a full back line that goals can be mined off,by quicker movement of ball into it imo......one thing,we better not have any excuse come 6.50 tomorrow evening,

• Registered Users Posts: 2,834 ✭✭✭Cake Man

Someone listed a few pages back all the years we reached an AI semi final since ‘98 and obviously we made the breakthrough in 08, 17 and 20 to AI finals. I’m delighted for all the older Waterford fans who had to live though the 70s/80s/early 90s where winning a game was an achievement. Nowadays we’re disappointed if we don’t win an AI and as mentioned above we’re going for an unprecedented (for us in modern times) two AI finals in a row while playing exhilarating hurling. I’m sure those older Waterford fans would be quick to tell us to enjoy it as wasn’t always like this.

Agree with this assessment that my head also says Limerick will win but then again I said the same thing going into the Galway game so who knows. I’ve no doubt the lads will give it their all and hopefully that’ll be good enough to get us over the line.

• Registered Users Posts: 340 ✭✭tommylad1212

Best of luck to the team and management today

Safe travels to all heading up

• Registered Users Posts: 339 ✭✭JD. 60

Bucketing down here in Dublin and breezy too ; more showers forecast throughout the day.

Not going to be as free flowing as the last 2 matches.

• Registered Users Posts: 39,546 ✭✭✭✭KevIRL

Yeah yellow rainfall warning now extended to Dublin too

• Registered Users Posts: 178 ✭✭Dexpat

I've missed 2 of the semi finals since 98 when I was away and there has been a huge amount of disappointment in there through the years. The most sickening feeling would have to be coming out of Croke Park in 07 against Limerick when we were favourites. We can turn that around today. I think if we do it will surpass the buzz of the Munster final win against Cork in 04.

We've been knocking on the door for a long time time now. We will do it someday. Why not this year?

If not then they owe us nothing. I'm going more in hope than expectation. This Limerick team could turn out to be one of the greats so it won't be easy.

Nothing is ever easy for Waterford though. We'll have a right go. Who knows?

Up the Deise.

Chronic traffic on motorway past Kildare

• Advertisement

Croke Park Hotel closed

Further a field for the few pre match pints

• Registered Users Posts: 17 cnocsion

Serious underdogs with the bookies today but that will suit us.

Lads looking relaxed out on pitch earlier.

It's set up for a serious Waterford ambush....let's go and deliver.

• Registered Users Posts: 589 ✭✭✭IanVW

Conor Gleeson in for Patrick Curran

• Registered Users Posts: 140 ✭✭Pudz2180

All the best today boys . Hopefully the rain will hold off. Conor gleeson to follow Cian lynch

• Registered Users Posts: 676 ✭✭✭Jjjjjjjjbarry

Balls anyway

Jesus please make changes early second half or this could get embarrassing. Not at the races , so many mental mistakes . First ten minutes will tell it all .

Not good Limerick are savage

Seem to be way outnumbered here at croker by Limerick fans not sure how it looks on tv !! Am right behind press box .

• Advertisement

Tis the hope that kills ya

Limerick fully deserved of the win and will be hard to stop in the final

Just wasn't our day and you could see the 4 weeks in a row caught up on us. Why can't we score a goal against Limerick in the Championship

Where now for us, if Cahill goes wtf will we do

Advertisement