Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What's the weather like in your area 2

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,832 ✭✭✭Lime Tree Farm

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 55 ✭✭smillingsam

Torrential rain in Waterford overnight but thankfully it was all cleared up this morning, cloudy now but dry which is good

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,602 ✭✭✭kk.man

Not a bit in my part. It's thinking hard about it alright. Going to be very serious if the clouds fail to burst.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,479 ✭✭✭✭Reggie.

Nice soft rain here The last few hours. Got fertiliser out yesterday. Lovely hurling

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,158 ✭✭✭davidk1394

A few thunder showers here during the day but it was blown off with the wind

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 55 ✭✭smillingsam

The Irish summer is back, cloudy, showers and sun

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,335 ✭✭✭✭Base price

We were loading round bales of wbs on the borders of NCD/Meath and I had to get towed into the field at 7am this morning as the ground was slippery after last nights rain. I had no problem driving out under my own steam an hour or so later with a full load due to the drying wind. It wasn't the same scenario this afternoon - towed in and towed out due to heavy showers.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,194 ✭✭✭foxy farmer

Started raining here in west Cork around 12.00. Brought the cold with it. 13° now. Had to get a jumper. Big change to the mid 20s last week. Saved 30 bales of hay last week. Cut on Thursday evening and baled on Sunday. Not much chance of that now.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,657 ✭✭✭White Clover

Very bad here in North Cork too. Another week or 2 of 25+ degrees will be needed to help with decent ground conditions for the Autumn.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,784 ✭✭✭✭whelan2

Nice bit of rain today. Badly needed

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,244 ✭✭✭Tileman

Very heavy thunderstorm with heavy rain here. U can see the grass growing but neighbours spring barley starting to look very battered. No real sign of a good spell in next 10 days either. Ground will go back a bit if they it doesn’t stop raining.

Post edited by Tileman on

• Registered Users Posts: 1,230 ✭✭✭Dozer1

Same as that very heavy showers here in limerick. Did a smash and grab of 40 bales Tuesday just cut it and baled straight away grass was bone dry and it's been raining since so I'll take the few extra that a wilt would have saved me.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,220 ✭✭✭✭wrangler

2 inches rain here since this morning

Shocking day out again. Sicken u , every time u step out the door it starts to rain. Can get nothing done. Ground gone soft but great growth

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,469 ✭✭✭MfMan

Thunder, lightning, hail showers, spot flooding, torrential rain. Errr... none of these really in N Galway. Dampish day with passing showers and drizzle but nowhere nearly as bad as forecast thankfully.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 819 ✭✭✭ABlur

Torrential rain in West Clare. We're in a mobile home so it sounds like being under a hayshed on a wet day😭

Some of my best memories of going on summer holidays was staying in a mobile home when it was raining. We would all sit around the table and play cards, monopoly, trivial pursuit etc.

Who was looking for rain ‽????

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,504 ✭✭✭Jb1989

Awful heavy rain here again today. I lit the fire at 5 just so I could feel less miserable.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,734 ✭✭✭Bleating Lamb

God needs to turn the tap off here in Leitrim or we might soon be submerged!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,220 ✭✭✭✭wrangler

I see that some environmentalists are starting a high court challenge against draining that turlough in roscommon, the work could be stopped on monday.

Roscommoon County Council better have their paperwork in order

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,734 ✭✭✭Bleating Lamb

Great that this spell of weather came….land was very wet here in NW from the deluges of rain.

Should soak a bit this week anyway.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,063 ✭✭✭Hard Knocks

Hopefully get a week or 2 of good weather to dry things up to extend the grazing for another while

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,158 ✭✭✭davidk1394

A lovely sunny day here. The last of spring corn should be finished. The end of this week.

Yea last few fields around here being combined today. Those that waited or could wait ended up with lovely weather with low moisture levels and easy to bale the straw.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,615 ✭✭✭✭_Brian

delighted to get this nice spell, typical back to school weather

Topping few bottoms of rushes that have been neglected due the **** year it’s been.

At silage bales today. Off to young lads championship match now. Sunglasses needed

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 849 ✭✭✭Easten

Great spell of weather but wet land is still wet. Those floods over the last few weeks done damage and made ground soft

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,611 ✭✭✭Mooooo

Can't see the hand in front of my face

Advertisement