Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

2021/22 FPL Rate My Team thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,038 ✭✭✭remoteboy

9m

26.5m

43m

21.5m

• Registered Users Posts: 6,083 ✭✭✭Chesty08

Current team.

My thoughts at present are whether to go Bruno , Maguire (double Utd defence) & 4.5m fodder for Trent, Ziyech & Greenwood.

I think my current 3 are very punty, could hit big scores but could easily see 3 x 1pts with 2 coming in as subs.

what are people’s thoughts on this?

• Registered Users Posts: 16,767 ✭✭✭✭Nalz

Greenwood and Coleman are dodgy imo, as is any man city mid

Antonio is an interesting shout

Chelsea fixtures are tough enough initially. Two mids is probably overkill.

Possibly but also funds there to move one to Grealish once he is settled or even mid table team who start off well.

i don’t think fixtures are too big a concern early days with big teams, there’ll be goals in those games.

whsts the alternative? A third striker like Wilson or Iheancho?

• Advertisement

Greenwood well rested over the summer. Sancho only settling after been at Euro’s

Rashfird getting surgery

Martial is Martial

lingard has Covid

but yes I know he could be a 60 minute player & that’s why I’m considering going Bruno, Maguire & 4.5m mid

suppose still have a week to mustard over it

• Registered Users Posts: 563 ✭✭✭dasa29

At present

GK : £10m

DEF : £25m

MID : £36.5m

FOR : £26m

£2.5m itb

• Registered Users Posts: 22,625 ✭✭✭✭extra gravy

Lukaku pretty much a done deal apparently, get ready to tear those drafts up! Would surprised if he started GW1 though

• Registered Users Posts: 33,236 ✭✭✭✭CSF

To be honest, I think you need to go back to the drawing board with this one. Having the bench boost activated when you may only get 12/13 out seems like an ill advised move, and alot of the selections feel like an early wildcard waiting to happen. Question marks everywhere.

I can see you're looking to find some differentials and go against the 'template' but I don't think this is the best way, particularly the midfield and Coleman (who is a Dumfries signing away from the subs bench)

• Registered Users Posts: 9,397 ✭✭✭Shedite27

Yes I can see him scoring loads at Chelsea, no point in me even posting a draft until he lands

• Advertisement

With those fixtures, I almost feel like he doesn't become a real consideration until GW7.

I usually wildcard during the first international break. I’ll take a look at him (and a few others) then. I reckon he’ll become essential fairly quickly.

Fixtures that immediately follow the international break are Villa (H), Spurs (A), Man City (H)

Its hard to be essential during that period when there is such a wealth of premium options at the moment.

Liverpool play Leeds, Palace and Brentford in the same period. United play Newcastle, West Ham and Villa.

You bring in a guy at 11 million (roughly) you want to see him as a captain in a couple of the upcoming gameweeks IMO.

From Gameweeks 7 to 11 if he has been doing well upto that point, he has the fixtures that will put him right at the top of the captain matrix.

Yeah. I’ll probably set myself up so that it’s an easy swap when the good fixtures kick in. If Kane goes to City it’s going to make for a real head scratcher. Two premium forwards.

I think if Kane moves to City, I will be moving quite quickly towards him and staying put until convinced strongly otherwise.

I feel like if having 3 premiums becomes really worthwhile (I'd still prefer to remain at 2 early on), it is still doable if we go generally budget in defence (and still being able to have one premium defender).

It’ll be some decision between Kane, Lukaku, Salah and Bruno. Fun times ahead.

For me, Kane and Salah are the clear number 1s if Kane joins City and the dynamic doesn't change along the way

• Registered Users Posts: 336 ✭✭What.Now

I think I'm happy with this team. I'll have a problem if any of the Euro players are rested.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,782 ✭✭✭I see sheep

Thoughts on Chris Wood? 7m

• Registered Users Posts: 617 ✭✭✭Rael

I think he looks good for the price and I've been considering him. Main striker for Burnley, always consistent, reasonably priced and on penalties. Plus the first 10 weeks of fixtures are okay with the big exceptions of Liverpool in week 2 and City in week 8.

Brighton, Liverpool, Leeds, Everton, Arsenal, Leicester, Norwich, City, Southampton, Brentford

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,618 ✭✭✭DJIMI TRARORE

wasnt he at the olympics,must be a doubt for 1st week at least

• Registered Users Posts: 11,401 ✭✭✭✭Green&Red

Team has been absolutely spit roasted in the last week

Darlow - still out with long covid, replacement Newcastle keeper isn't even listed in the game

Robbo - injured

Fofana - broken leg

Buendia - Not featured again today

Nacho - not starting

Still on BB

Having issues with the last striker spot, I really don’t want Toney, I think he’s a price drop waiting to happen and where do you go from him.

If DCL is starting I’ll be happy enough. I think Ings is going to spilt points with Watkins.

Not happy with double Brighton defence, if I thought Amartey would start I’d bring him in. Alternatively if they added Woodman I’d bring him in, hopefully at 4m.

Last decisions are around the 7m mids, Mount, Jota, Barnes all in the mix. Really like Mount’s fixture in GW1. If I had a 4m goalie and 4m defender I’ll go for him over Barnes

• Registered Users Posts: 492 ✭✭duefrine

Just about finished thinking,

Taking a punt on Firpo , Pukki, Toney

Liverpool have a good start to the season fixture wise ....

If Lukaku moves to Chelsea, might take a punt on him ( price dependent )

A Leeds supporter friend of mine reckons Firpo will be the Leeds asset to own this year

Are you BBing GW1? Stacked bench if you’re not

Don’t like the Toney pick, if he blanks GW1 and/or GW2 he’s a drop waiting to happen. I’d prefer to wait until he scores and then get him.

Definitely don’t like the Toney/Pukki double up

• Registered Users Posts: 4,288 ✭✭✭munster87

If Woodman gets added and is 4.0, I might end up bench boosting!

• Registered Users Posts: 496 ✭✭Ozvaldo

Considered about Nacho he mightnt get a start at Leicester

• Registered Users Posts: 11,384 ✭✭✭✭castletownman

Sanchez/Sa

R.James/Godfrey/Shaw/Taylor/Rose

Salah/Bailey/Grealish/Greenwood/Gilmour

Kane/Nacho/Toney

I am contemplating two scenarios:

A- bringing in Firpo, either as a direct swap with Godfrey, or by downgrading one of the keepers and taking out Taylor

B- bringing in one of Tsimskas or Amartey for Godfrey and upgrading Grealish to Mahrez. But fear Milner might start LB in Robbo's absence.

Not sure if Bailey will hit the ground running either, though it's too good to be true that Villa signed him given he was linked with CL teams up to recently.

Bailey won't start the season with Villa. Hasn't joined up with the squad yet having been away with Jamaica at the Gold Cup.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 15,697 ✭✭✭✭Fitz*

Obafemi is in a couple drafts. He is rumored to be moving to Blackburn Rovers, in a separate deal, while Adam Armstrong moves to Southampton. Armstrong scored an awful lot of goals in the Championship last season, contributing to 33 goals in total with G&A.

Advertisement