Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Dash cam videos thread 3.4 (embedded car dash-cams only)

Options

Comments

donvito99 wrote: »
    Regardless of what one ought to do in these circumstances, poster deserves credit for bringing to a stop successfully. Had the lad been locked, he'd have been able to take the keys off him and prevent some stupid, catastrophic collision had someone turned on to the road not expecting some pr*ck to be flying down the wrong side.

He didn't though. He drove like a maniac and increased the chances of an accident, and all just to give him a lecture and leave him to go about his business. It's a bit like the English videos, you'd wonder if they'd have bothered with the policing if not for the camera.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,818 ✭✭✭donvito99

He didn't though. He drove like a maniac and increased the chances of an accident, and all just to give him a lecture and leave him to go about his business. It's a bit like the English videos, you'd wonder if they'd have bothered with the policing if not for the camera.

In the grand scheme of things, he didn't really.

What if he had let him continue on? Is he just supposed to be a witness to the inevitable head on collision? He pulled it off, the Guards aren't always conveniently around the corner.

donvito99 wrote: »
    In the grand scheme of things, he didn't really.

What if he had let him continue on? Is he just supposed to be a witness to the inevitable head on collision? He pulled it off, the Guards aren't always conveniently around the corner.

The Guards are trained to chase someone down on a public road. Ring them and leave it to them.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,795 ✭✭✭Isambard

predictable comments. The guy was a menace and needed stopping.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,372 ✭✭✭iwillhtfu

Isambard wrote: »
    predictable comments. The guy was a menace and needed stopping.

About as predictable as your one to be honest and he was only momentarily stopped and will have carried on exactly as beforehand.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,654 ✭✭✭Muppet Man

Telling someone they are driving like an ass hat sometimes will have the desired effect.

I think he was right to stop him. Bit late stopping him after he has caused an accident, as opposed to having the confidence, ability and sense of duty to do the right thing. Guards can't be everywhere. Well done cam car.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,060 ✭✭✭AirBiscuit

If I seen someone driving like that I'd hang back a bit more in case they caused something to hit you. That's absolute madness chasing them down and nearly causing a bigger accident.
    I don't know which of you is worse in that situation.
    That "in this situation you obeyed the law to the letter" would be very little comfort to the family of someone who was needlessly killed after smashing into this clown essentially head on due to driving over the line on blind bends over and over again.
    There's the law and there's common sense, "illegal" as it may be. Cammer had kept a reasonable spacing for a good bit of the video until he realised that failing to intervene would be more dangerous for potentially 3 cars than intervention between 2.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,795 ✭✭✭Isambard

iwillhtfu wrote: »
    About as predictable as your one to be honest and he was only momentarily stopped and will have carried on exactly as beforehand.
    It's Boards, a succession of people who will criticise any post just because they can.

Isambard wrote: »
    It's Boards, a succession of people who will criticise any post just because they can.

I don't think criticising is the right word it's a forum which generally means discussing posts be they right, wrong or indifferent. It's not about getting the most likes, just a bunch of different opinions is all. :D

AirBiscuit wrote: »
    That "in this situation you obeyed the law to the letter" would be very little comfort to the family of someone who was needlessly killed after smashing into this clown essentially head on due to driving over the line on blind bends over and over again.
    There's the law and there's common sense, "illegal" as it may be. Cammer had kept a reasonable spacing for a good bit of the video until he realised that failing to intervene would be more dangerous for potentially 3 cars than intervention between 2.

Again cam car did nothing other than delay the driver is all. Going around in circles now so we can hope cam cars little chat had some affect but I doubt it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 20,052 ✭✭✭✭neris

One from this evening at the turn off from the Malahide road into Clare Hall. Not the 1st time ive seen someone take that lane for turning right but they usually do it on a green light

• Registered Users Posts: 10,218 ✭✭✭✭Hurrache

Unless it's been changed recently, you can take a right turn from that lane.
    edit; thought it from from the M50 direction.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 11,411 Mod ✭✭✭✭Hammer Archer

Hurrache wrote: »
    Unless it's been changed recently, you can take a right turn from that lane.
    You can't. From the M50 direction turning towards Clarehall, you can. But as you can see at the start of the video, that lane is straight ahead only.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,218 ✭✭✭✭Hurrache

Ah, I thought it was coming from the M50 direction!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,814 ✭✭✭phill106

Lets see how this new media insert button works...

• Registered Users Posts: 20,052 ✭✭✭✭neris

Dont know what was going on here

• Registered Users Posts: 10,896 ✭✭✭✭Spook_ie

Did we ever get this one posted?

• Registered Users Posts: 17,468 ✭✭✭✭fritzelly

That was entertaining for sure - the Devon/Cornwall accent made it more so

• Registered Users Posts: 3,410 ✭✭✭chewed

I reported it to YouTube for racism.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,015 ✭✭✭✭cena

What sd cards do ye use in your dash cams

• Registered Users Posts: 6,465 ✭✭✭Damien360

Used to be an awful lot of fakes around so I bought the Nextbase branded ones. Been very reliable for me.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,978 ✭✭✭kirving

Video is from my car, but I was actually driving the car in front. It's a 2007 Corsa, so I would have been lucky to live had this idiot no reacted in time.

This is my kick to buy a 4K Dashcam. Way too much noise in this to capture a reg. I hope he doesn't go on to kill someone.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,580 ✭✭✭davehey79

Happened this evening on way hime from work ! So lucky the jeep at the junction didn’t turn out on seeing nothing coming to their right as the car over taking me at the crossroads as I turned left would of been almost undetectable to them !!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,243 ✭✭✭DaveyDave

Goes to show how little these clowns care about anyone but themselves. The side roads in my estate are narrow so anyone coming off the main road has to let the car out before they can turn in and people often go around them. A large number of people overtake as I'm slowing down to turn onto my road. Only a matter of time before someone crashes into me as I'm pulling out.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,896 ✭✭✭✭Spook_ie

If that jeep pulled out without looking, he would have been the one at fault. You are supposed to look LEFT and right.

Yeah, it's called looking where you are going, shocking just how many only look to see if there is no traffic coming from the right.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,884 ✭✭✭✭josip

I thought the centre line was solid at either side of junctions on all roads?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,978 ✭✭✭kirving

You're also not supposed to overtake opposite a junction though.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 618 ✭✭✭handpref

Where is that information located in the Rules of the Road ?

Advertisement