Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fly me to the Moon - your 3rd travel Megathread - read OP

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 429 ✭✭denis160

Thank you, it’s exactly for the reason you stated that we want cover. 3 of us are vaccinated, the 15 year old unfortunately not done yet & she will need a negative PCR coming back home, it’s just in case this does not come back negative & one of us has to stay.

I will give Allianz a ring.

thank you

Same as that, I couldn’t make out if Laya actually covered an extended stay or just medical.

We’re flying into spain & same as portugal, some of the regions are providing that cover but unfortunately where we are going isn’t.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,679 Mod ✭✭✭✭Hellrazer

One word of advice - try it on different browsers and email each quote to yourself. I saved 40 euros for a single trip by using edge over chrome - A bit of a ryanair going on with cookies I think.

I rang them and they honored the lowest price.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,956 ✭✭✭✭josip

Not sure if anyone has already posted the ECDC maps from yesterday.

Apart from Ireland, there's a very strong correlation between seaside tourist destinations and case numbers.

Even Iceland, which was previously one of the very few green regions, is getting involved in some red action.

In Ireland, Leinster and Munster are valiantly holding back the Donegal crimson tide.

Greece doing spectacularly well to keep their tourist areas in lighter red, considering how much they've opened up this summer.

Despite the worsening case numbers I don't think any of these countries have hit the panic button, presumably because hospital/ICU numbers remain low and there is no longer any correlation between the two.

https://www.ecdc.europa.eu/en/covid-19/situation-updates/weekly-maps-coordinated-restriction-free-movement

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 146 ✭✭Luckylow10

Regarding travel insurance I’ve been able to find policies that cover quarantine when abroad, but none for quarantine upon return to Ireland, I am guessing that this is due to the fact that once you land back home your cover/journey is complete..?

btw does anyone know what the queues are like in the airport, is it worth getting fast track?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,535 ✭✭✭johnire

Hi folks. 

I’m heading to Portugal in mid September for a week. 

Am I right to say that a PLF needs to be completed for Portugal and for Ireland?

Is there any specific time frame that both forms need to be completed in?

In other words could I complete both of them now if I so wished ?

Thanks in advance.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,288 ✭✭✭RoryMac

I flew out of Dublin Tuesday morning and there were no queues at check-in or security, wouldn't say the airport was quiet but lots of security points open so no delays getting through

• Registered Users Posts: 11,672 ✭✭✭✭ACitizenErased

Filling out our locator forms today for travel to Switzerland, the buzz is building, can't wait to get out of here!!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,126 ✭✭✭stargazer 68

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,196 ✭✭✭Garzorico

if you don’t mind can you tell me what travel insurance company you are using for Italy? I am having awful trouble trying to decipher the policies and what covers you for covid and what doesn’t.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,126 ✭✭✭stargazer 68

We use multitrip. We have had it a couple of years and it automatically renewed. Just checked and it says we will continue to be covered for covid.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,809 ✭✭✭Hector Savage

This map is complete nonsense since it is still using cases as a metric.

Pathethic at this stage of the vaccination program ...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,214 ✭✭✭Del Griffith

Nothing for the way there, cert on the way back

• Registered Users Posts: 1,214 ✭✭✭Del Griffith

Nope. They'll see you departed Ireland, that's it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,235 ✭✭✭Solobally8

Just back from 4 weeks in Spain. We flew from Almeria airport to Dublin. Lots of people had their certs printed out but we had everything saved to photos on our phones. No app of any kind needed.

Before security our boarding passes were checked. She also checked that we had our passenger locator forms filled and that the date on the DCC for the vaccine was more than 14 days since last dose.

Nothing was scanned. All done in a minute, no hassle.

At Dublin airport we went through the self scanning passport machines, collected our suitcases and off home.

All very quick and easy. I was delighted to see our flight home was nearly full and arrivals in Dublin nice and busy. Great to see people back traveling and enjoying their lives.

Oh and I know a question was asked on here about masks on the plane and children. I flew with Ryanair and they don’t require children under 12 to wear masks.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,912 ✭✭✭Marty Bird

Can the PLF be filled out before the 72 hour window, tried to fill it out but won’t allow me complete it ? We will be travelling with tests nobody is jabbed in our family

🌞6.02kWp⚡️3.01kWp South/East⚡️3.01kWp West

• Registered Users Posts: 2,736 ✭✭✭Diabhalta

Finally, waiting for my flight...

... Take me to the real world, take me to the normal world...

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 16,636 CMod ✭✭✭✭faceman

Flew back to Ireland from Spain for the first in 8 months a couple of days ago. Ryanair once again proving they are the most reliable airline during all this. Whole trip was seamless.

Went to a local restaurant last night with family. Maybe it’s the conditioning from being in Spain but the laxness of things in the restaurant was showing. It just felt for show.

But anyway. Hate being back. 😭😭😭

• Registered Users Posts: 2,736 ✭✭✭Diabhalta

Ryanair is the best, last year Aer Lingus cancelled my return flight so I'm not taking chances this year.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 206 ✭✭Frankie19

Flew out of Dublin Friday to Faro. Airport was busier than I expected but no queue for T2 security or self bag drop.

Big queue for butlers but I think they were one of only 2 places open for food. Escalators closed to go upstairs to the burger King and restaurant. Slaney was open but not sure if they were doing food.

I had printed all certs and locator forms and had them inside each passport. Found it easier than trying to find different QR codes e.t.c. they were checked at boarding but not scanned.

Aer lingus have a very limited menu basically just drinks and bars...no sandwiches or even crisps. We bought sandwiches in wh Smith before boarding.

When we landed forms were looked out but not scanned but our passports were and we were asked to remove masks to check pictures.

QR code for cert was scanned on arrival to the hotel.

Other than that you just follow the same measures you would at home and enjoy the holiday:-) although mask wearing amongst the brits in the hotel isn't great. An angry Portuguese man follows them around to tell them to put them on lol

• Registered Users Posts: 766 ✭✭✭ger vallely

From what I know it can be filled out once you can input your seat number. That was the case with mine, en route to Malaga. I didn't book a seat so had to wait until 24 hours before the flight when I was allocated a seat.

Didn’t ask me for seat number but does say filled in 72 hours before arrival. I’m going to try contact someone in the DFA for clarity. Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 890 ✭✭✭sy_flembeck

Agreed. Ryanair's behaviour throughout 2020 regarding cancellations was furlongs ahead of Aer Lingus in this house

• Registered Users Posts: 3,439 ✭✭✭VG31

As far as I remember, adding your seat number is optional.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,535 ✭✭✭johnire

Can I ask how far in advance of your departure to Portugal did you complete the locater forms? Equally when did you complete the ones for Ireland. I'm going to Faro in a few weeks and am wondering if I can complete both sets of forms now? I've just checked in ok online an ex have uploaded the vaccine details.

Thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,229 ✭✭✭TomSweeney

Ill be going this saturday to Ireland also Ryanair from Spain.

So apart from vaccine cert and PLF is anything else needed ?

Do I need to print the PLFs ? I'll print the vaccine certs and copies on my phone to be sure to be sure.

Also kids under 12 don't need PCR's right ?

Yes under 12s no test required, have you completed the PLF already Tom?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,944 ✭✭✭long_b

Getting past from Billy to Jack and back again trying to get DCC for vaccination completed end of May via GP in local health center. Going to try TD route in desperation.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,229 ✭✭✭TomSweeney

Not yet, afaik it needs to be 72 hours before hand ?

Advertisement