Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

EU Digital/paper! Certs, the Megathread - threadbans in OP

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,163 ✭✭✭airy fairy

I'm hoping primary care centres will do the job, similar to the school vaccine process.

I simply hate the fact that some GPs and pharmacies are doing vaccines, others not, or can't due to staff or premises size, some jumping beyond the cohorts being done nationally, and seems to be a cash cow for many.

• Registered Users Posts: 69,013 ✭✭✭✭L1011

Most of the country still doesn't have PCCs, that would be even patchier than using GPs.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,163 ✭✭✭airy fairy

True. I do think we'll see a similar template to school vaccines though. So many gps never even did cohort 4s.

• Registered Users Posts: 142 ✭✭stabeek

Hi

The recently opened self service portal allows people who have received a DCC with badly spelled name to modify it to the correct name.

I filled out one out 6 days ago and got a simple "thanks, you will get your new cert in 5 days". Didn't happen.

At the time, there was no confirmation reference number given nor no email confirmation of the operation so no tracking is possible.

Has anybody had success with this? It could be another flawed process.

Cheers!

• Registered Users Posts: 15,424 ✭✭✭✭Supercell

Submitted mine a week ago and no joy either, not madly urgent but surely 5 minutes work to verify and update, i suppose they are swamped.

Have a weather station?, why not join the Ireland Weather Network - http://irelandweather.eu/

• Advertisement

Hi Supercell,

Thanks for answer. i thought it would be better than the phone line, because the loong DCC number is much easier to type than say over the phone, so I honestly believed the five days.

I'm tempted to resubmit ... even though you're right about the swamping - it will hinder and not help. They should have generated a reference number to avoid resubmissions or said 10 days instead of 5.

cheers!

• Registered Users Posts: 117 ✭✭MunsterM

Hi, I submitted one 5 days days ago, but haven't received a new cert yet.

• Registered Users Posts: 359 ✭✭Sam W

Exact same message here. I got vaccinated yesterday and no cert came through. Two people that I knew of got the same vaccine in the same venue yesterday and got the cert before midnight. Wonder if it’s just a delay on mine or should I call them and wait 5 hours for someone to pick up the phone?

• Registered Users Posts: 86,747 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

The HSE is not looking after the Digital COVID Certificate. If you have any queries regarding your Digital COVID Certificate or wish to make changes to your details for your certificate, you will need to call the Digital COVID Certificate helpline at 1800 807 008 or you can request information online on the Digital COVID Certificate portal on the website.

• Registered Users Posts: 86,747 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

I got that reply from HSE

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,130 ✭✭✭Rodin

Still waiting..

Vaccinated since end of January.

Post edited by Rodin on

• Registered Users Posts: 68 ✭✭mar2000

After hours waiting to speak to someone last week and then inputting the details on the portal we finally got the certificate emailed tonight. It was for my husband who got his vaccines at a local health centre. When I rang the helpline initially they had no eircode or email for him!

• Registered Users Posts: 15,424 ✭✭✭✭Supercell

Got my updated cert last night at 01:54 ! So that's 8 days in total, weird time to get it.

Name on the new cert is right so delighted with that.

Have a weather station?, why not join the Ireland Weather Network - http://irelandweather.eu/

• Registered Users Posts: 63 ✭✭audman13

My son finally got his cert at 2.15am this morning(4weeksafter vaccine) . Endless calls to helpline and eventually had to resort to contacting a td. All sorted now and ready to travel Monday morning. 😁

• Registered Users Posts: 343 ✭✭Pat_bottom

Hi all just to update

Last week I was slighlty panicking about apostrophe missing from our surname and capital letters not used.

We flew out to palma yesterday and no problems at all. Have vaccine passport printed out and Spanish locator form filled in on website and have qr code printed out. Flew out from Cork which is always a breeze and from landing in palma to getting to our hotel room was just over an hour.

Same here, modified Covid Cert finally came through, late, but it did arrive.

• Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 2,263 Mod ✭✭✭✭Nigel Fairservice

My undated cert arrived during the early hours of this morning about 10 days after I requested it.

• Registered Users Posts: 117 ✭✭MunsterM

My updated cert arrived at 23:50 last night.

• Registered Users Posts: 31,921 ✭✭✭✭Mars Bar

Update on this, tried to get in to a cafe earlier and they scanned and said it hasn't been 14 days since my J&J vaccine. So I basically just have to hope I am in luck with who can be bothered scanning and not scanning. But I'm 100 sure they scanned and let me in in the other cafe.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,624 ✭✭✭votecounts

Not one place I've been has scanned the code, just asked if I was vaxxed and showed them the QR code. Scanned it myself to ensure it was valid.when i was a week vaxxed

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 50 ✭✭lauradryeye

Does anyone know if the number that we can call from abroad is free? I'm still waiting for my cert a week after contacting them... I have been pretty lucky so far and places have accepted my HSE card in France but it's only a matter of time before I'll get turned down...

• Registered Users Posts: 11,211 ✭✭✭✭Suckit

Anyone know who to talk to about my cert, I received it today but my name is misspelled on it.

I don't know if that is of little relevance or if it will be spelled that way on future covid related stuff, but I also find it annoying. It's almost a different name, and depending on who is reading it, could be taken as a different name.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,436 ✭✭✭✭Ha Long Bay

• Registered Users Posts: 2,795 ✭✭✭Pauliedragon

Same here. A few places asked for cert proof I just showed them on the phone a quick glance and then ya your fine no way they could've seen my name. I've heard a few people saying they've e mailed the cert to friends who aren't vaccinated who then just show it to whichever venue they go to. It seems like a fairly loose system. One pub in Cork city asked for ID to check it's the name on the cert but that's one out of about 10 places I've been too.

• Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 2,263 Mod ✭✭✭✭Nigel Fairservice

I used my updated Covid cert today for the first time to have have lunch indoors due to the terrible weather. Cert was validated at the door of the restaurant and ID was checked.

• Registered Users Posts: 18 MadsFi

I haven't received mine yet and I'm at lost to understand why when most people seem to be getting theirs the day after their 2nd shot. I registered via the portal, got vaccinated in swords/helix, got 2nd on Thursday evening but still nothing, my details are correct on the portal and it says 2nd shot received but when I log in the Certificate website it says to call the helpline.

• Registered Users Posts: 359 ✭✭Sam W

Exactly the same here.

My partner and I both registered via portal and had the second jab in Citywest on Thursday. We have been getting the same error.

On the other hand, we have a friend who also registered in the portal and got the second jab on the same day at the same venue, and got his cert on the same day.

• Registered Users Posts: 193 ✭✭eltonyio

This might be useful for someone. I had one vaccine in Ireland and second dose in another EU country. Was having no luck with helpline or forms.

Today I took both paper records into a pharmacy in Germany and they printed the DCC for me in 2 mins, no charge, not at all surprised by the request. I also have confirmation from a French pharmacy by email that they would do the same for me if I needed.

• Registered Users Posts: 18 MadsFi

That's pretty incredible, I'm traveling to France on Monday, definitely will be trying this if I don't have it by then.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 20 doodlebla

In other EU countries they just give you the cert when you get vaccinated. Seems like the HSE like making things harder for themselves.

Advertisement