Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Inbound and internal An Post Delays

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 126 ✭✭acdublin

I have package that's been marked by Bpost (Belgium) as 'on its way to Ireland' since 12 July. It has not appeared on An Post's tracking system. Is a two week delay from Belgium or continental Europe common? No idea if it's at the Belgian or Irish end. The sender is on holiday so following up is difficult.

• Registered Users Posts: 279 ✭✭ShayNanigan

No idea if it's common these days but I'm also waiting for a priority registered letter from Poland (ordered some small items from a local artisan) that left the country on 21st and no sign after that. Last time I ordered from the same place, I got the letter in a week without problems. An Post tracking found it 4 days later. This time it's been 6 and no sign of it. Hopefully it will be here soon.

I don't know what's going on with An Post these days, maybe the lack of parcels from China means less work for them, but we don't get our post every day now. Might be days without the postman visiting my neighbourhood at all and I sit next to the window all day so pretty much see who comes and goes. It used to be like clockwork, you'd know pretty much what time they'd be making the rounds but now it's a rare occurrence. I've long since stopped relying on the tracking system since it seems they update it if they feel like it. Roughly a third of the deliveries fail to show on their system.

• Registered Users Posts: 377 ✭✭bdmc16

Im also having major issues with Amazon packages getting stuck for over a week now at this status "Parcel arrived at a carrier facility -DUBLIN".

In fact, in our estate our meighbours and us havent seen the postman in a couple days. The odd amazon package in the past would delayed up but generally once it hit Dublin on the order tracker you could expect to have it 2 business days. Seems everything is getting stuck now,i really dont know what is going on with An post so this is causing a major headache as had some important packages due.

We are based in cork , wondering are people seeing the same (particularily with Amazon)?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,670 ✭✭✭✭ACitizenErased

We've amazon parcels that are missing. Amazon won't do sh*t unless 6 weeks have passed. Others that were ordered afterwards have arrived. We are also in Cork.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,485 ✭✭✭harr

Will add to the problems others are experiencing . Got package sent from Germany paid for DHL 2-3 day delivery. Had option to pay €20 for 24h but took the 3 day option which was a €10 .

Normal postage was €6 , anyway was expecting a DHL delivery as that’s what I paid for but it looks like only DHL in Germany then its On Post once it gets to Ireland. DHL shipped 8 days ago . Tracking number worked fine as far as the airport in Berlin then nothing. Tracking number not valid on Irish site .

Seller doesn’t have the foggiest as he sent it DHL .. DHL saying not there problem as it’s an ON Post issue wants it gets to Ireland.

Also waiting nearly two weeks on smaller items from France ( Amazon seller) and like others I have only seen our postman once since beginning of last week

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,651 ✭✭✭✭joujoujou
    Unregistered Users

In brief: there are two different DHL services in Germany: DHL courier (which is, obviously, courier service) and DHL post (which is ordinary postal service). :-)

unfortunately did not know that at the time , I was offered regular post or DHL 2-3 days or 24 hour why offer 2-3 days and charge for 2-3 days delivery when its definitely going to be 10 days plus . Not DHL fault but shouldn’t be charging that price bracket when essentially it’s only regular postage.

extra €10 would have worth it now for DHL next day which I have used a few times and was always here in less than 24h unless over a weekend.

The price paid for postage wasn’t expensive but lessen learnt now .

• Registered Users Posts: 1,141 ✭✭✭Gru

Also seeing the same, Amazon used to be next day once it arrived in Dublin parcel with An Post in Cork, now with any post we get in from various companies it sits in Dublin Parcel for a few days before eventually showing up as "out for delivery" in Cork.

also in the past fortnight or so i have barely seen a postman/gotten post as often as we would have, when it does get here its now almost once a week and everything we were expecting arrives on that one day... this is in a city suburb estate so we aren't in the country, i don't know what they are at.

i do know however two weeks ago the routes were being redistributed so maybe that has to do with it, i put it down to that or summer holidays effecting efficiency.

Anyone know if tracking number with DHL Germany works once its updated in Dublin or will another one be generated by On Post . Tracking number worked as far as arrived at national sorting and when I put tracking number into On Post tracking it’s invalid.

looking likely I won’t be getting package this week and will be now be over two weeks waiting .

• Registered Users Posts: 3,817 ✭✭✭Darc19

Its been said time and time again that when it scans at an international airport that DOES NOT mean the item has left. It simply means it has been sorted and has gone to a holding area.

In normal times, it is on an aircraft within a few hours, but with a dearth of regular flights, it can be waiting a few days before it actually gets onto a flight (it was up to 3 weeks last year).

Not until it lands in Dublin does An Post (not On Post) take responsibility and it should only take 1-2 days at that point as there's plenty of capacity and no delays within Ireland.

I'd still take a ground option on anything coming from Europe - DPD would be an example and have a 3 day service from Germany

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,670 ✭✭✭✭ACitizenErased

Got a bulk letter delivery today. Letters dating back 3 weeks. What in the name of god is going on

• Registered Users Posts: 1 obscured

Post sitting in Dublin for over a week from the UK, I called An Post was 25mins on hold and they told me it was sent to cork the next day but has not been scanned in yet so it still shows sorted in Dublin, the guy on the phone said Cork have a week or more of a backlog.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,367 ✭✭✭Nodferatu

Anyone else having trouble with An Post nothing is getting delivered. I have 5 packages now non delivered. All bought through eBay and through reputable and good sellers. My address is correct and postcode is correct. It's been 4 - 7 weeks now for some packages. This is ridiculous. I have tried ringing an post Dublin helpline. Was on waiting line for ages then got cut off suddenly. I emailed them through the enquiry form on their help section on the website over a week ago.

• Registered Users Posts: 59 ✭✭Henrys Grimey Paws

Seeing similar for an Amazon package from the UK, arrived in the parcel hub on Tuesday evening and no movement on the tracking since, I guess it'll show up eventually. Previously even after Brexit once it arrived in Dublin I'd usually have it the next business day so I'm not sure what's changed now, not like it's the Christmas rush!

• Registered Users Posts: 32 Antics21

Having similar issues with an Post in Cork. Like stated above, deliveries seem to be a once a week deal at the moment.

• Registered Users Posts: 189 ✭✭Agent Avenger

I'd say the delays in Cork are due to An Post closing the Togher depot so now there's only the one in Little Island. If they can't handle the volume of post at this time of year how will they deal with busier times especially in the run up to Christmas?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,720 ✭✭✭micks_address

hi folks -

have a package coming from the UK and its been sorted twice now at the dublin mail centre

I actually have seen a picture of the package with address so its not an address issue. Could it be held for customs duty? There's probably 20 euro owed on it if they noticed.

Not sure whether i should sit tight and wait or phone to see what might be up with it

Cheers,

Mick

06 August 2021 12:29

Your delivery has been sorted DUBLIN MAIL CENTRE, DUBLIN 12

06 August 2021 12:23

We have your post in DUBLIN MAIL CENTRE, DUBLIN 12

04 August 2021 16:28

Your delivery has been sorted DUBLIN MAIL CENTRE, DUBLIN 12

04 August 2021 16:24

We have your post in DUBLIN MAIL CENTRE, DUBLIN 12

04 August 2021 16:23

Your delivery was received by An Post in DUBLIN MAIL CENTRE, DUBLIN 12

• Registered Users Posts: 5,224 ✭✭✭Yggr of Asgard

Have multiple parcels sorted in "Dublin Parcel Hub" that are just not moving towards me in Cork for days.

Since weeks now An Post has become unreliable for parcels, it might very well be down to the closure of the Togher depot and their inability to cope with the volume they are getting.

Started shifting my shopping to vendors that offer alternative delivery methods because it's so unreliable these days.

I use a tracker to keep a check on parcels and I just now got a "Your post is out for delivery LITTLE ISLAND D.S.U., CO CORK" on ALL my outstanding AnPost items.

I kid you not, I post about my issue and within minutes An Post magically scans all items out for delivery, some of them were in Dublin since early last week and out for delivery a few minutes ago is the first progress.

If I would be paranoid, I would suspect someone in the depot reading this thread and knows my full name ;-)

• Advertisement

i got on to an post via chat on website. Customs charge was due so paid that and it should be on its way now. Its a pity the tracking doesnt say customs due etc.. they didnt have my phone number or email so i suppose hard to let me know.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,174 ✭✭✭Hippodrome Song Owl

We are also experiencing an issue of a backlog of post being delivered all at once. I recently received a letter on July 29th from the hospital with the admission details for my surgery on July 27th - envelope had a date stamp of July 20th. From Dublin to Dublin. It came with a week's worth of post. Our postman (new) is only coming around once a week now and also delivering at around 6pm which is a little strange.

Currently waiting on something from the UK for 10 days now - I expect to have to pay both VAT and Duty so am awaiting notification of that, but no sign of it. Royal Mail say it was handed to An Post on July 30th. An Post tracking link doesn't recognise the number.

Our An Post delivery box also hasn't been used since the start of the pandemic - is that a policy now or something?

I would go onto the anpost website and look for the online chat option. Give them the tracking number and see if there’s a delay. If I hadn’t contacted them I’d never have known re import charge

• Registered Users Posts: 189 ✭✭Agent Avenger

I nearly forgot that my mother still hasn’t received the results from a biopsy though the post that was sent on July 23rd going from Cork to Cork. The only reason she knows the result is due to having issues at the biopsy site she got in contact with the hospital otherwise she’d still be waiting on a very important prescription.

When it says "sorted Dublin parcel hub" it's the scan as it goes into the tubs/cages for the different delivery depots.

It most likely leaves Dublin within a couple of hours of that scan.

The next scan is when the delivery person scans in it out for delivery.

Ideally there should be an additional scan when it arrives or the "sorted Dublin" message should change to "departed parcel hub and on the way to local delivery unit"

My delivery is still saying sorted dublin mail centre. I was hoping it might be out for delivery today. I paid the import charge and confirmed with customer service via chat that it was paid and they said it should be delivered next day or so. I'm just wondering what triggers them going back to collect the 'paid' customs parcels.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,563 ✭✭✭Padraig Mor

Sent two identical parcels yesterday. Both dropped to a Co. Cork post office, one going to Mayo, one to Dublin. Mayo parcel delivered before 7am this morning. Dublin parcel no scan since it was sorted in Portlaoise late last night. WTF?

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 14,908 Mod ✭✭✭✭whiterebel

I have one that arrived in from the UK, and updated to Left An Post 4 days ago....being returned to the UK as it turns out after 27 minutes on hold. Why can't they just pay that in as a status?

• Advertisement

So would you not say "fantastic service - dropped into cork po yesterday, delivered Mayo 7am this morning" The service they offer is 1-2 days, so assuming Dublin parcel is delivered tomorrow, it is delivered on time.

Advertisement