Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Heavyweight Boxing

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,855 ✭✭✭Morrison J

Such a good fight. Fair play to Joshua for taking it. I expected a duck but was wrong.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,751 ✭✭✭✭yourdeadwright

Why would he duck him ? Big name & a fairly straight forward fight for AJ,

He has struggled in his first 2 fights at the weight, AJ will knock him out before the end of the 6th round,

Usyk doesn't have the size or the power to keep AJ at bay for any longer than 6 rounds,

• Registered Users Posts: 20,049 ✭✭✭✭Cyrus

yeah i agree i expect usyk to look good early one but i dont see him lasting 12 rounds, expect him to go somewhere around the 8th

• Registered Users Posts: 809 ✭✭✭Butson

Excellent match up.

If Usyk can get through the first couple of rounds I'd expect him to grow into the fight.

AJ has not faced a boxer like him yet. Great feet, fast hands....wears opponents down. AJ bigger but think the size difference is being over egged.

AJ favourite, but great fight!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,987 ✭✭✭normanoffside

Joyce vs Takam tomorrow. Decent fight for Joe

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 20,049 ✭✭✭✭Cyrus

Yes decent test for the juggernaut, interesting to see if he can look good against takam

• Registered Users Posts: 3,710 ✭✭✭Joeseph Balls

Is it just me or does Joe Joyce always look awkward. His foot placement and hands look like a chap who's having his first fight in the school yard after watching a boxing fight the night before.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,735 ✭✭✭ASOT

Takam really putting it to Joyce here who isn't using his height and reach advantage well at all.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,987 ✭✭✭normanoffside

A big tank with a great engine and chin. He's not great to look at but he always seems to get it done

• Registered Users Posts: 7,341 ✭✭✭Bobby Baccala

Joyce reminded me of Foreman there and not in a good way. Those hooks were a bit wild but he got the job done in the end. Not sure if his hands are fast enough to hang with the big boys though.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,735 ✭✭✭ASOT

Bit of an early stoppage but I doubt Takam was going to recover.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,841 ✭✭✭squinn2912

Anyone like this new layout?

just got to see the fight. I thought JJ was poor enough but he didn’t look under all that much pressure either, wasn’t hurt. He’s very slow with an awful defence. He can take a shot very well and he’s a big boy who has great stamina. I’d love to see him against the big guns. Think he’ll take too much and get stopped. Was just thinking of the worst possible match up for him, imagine what Lennox Lewis would do to him

• Registered Users Posts: 1,188 ✭✭✭fitzparker

Anyone bother/manage to get tickets yesterday for AJ fight?

Chanced my arm, 1 hour wait before getting into the site, got tickets and went to pay and an error appeared (happened twice)

• Registered Users Posts: 16,753 ✭✭✭✭nacho libre

Joe Joyce reminds me of John Duddy at times, i think he will come undone against the likes of Joshua because of it.

I think that’s a good call. When someone with boxing, speed and power comes up against him I don’t think it’ll go well. He’s a huge handful but way too open and slow hands. I think Joshua with a ko 4-6 rounds

I see Fury is back in England (i know his kid was born) & Big John keeps going on about how they where making him one dimensional in the US ,

Is he still with Sugar or has there been some kind of a falling out haven't seen him in any recent video's

• Registered Users Posts: 1,188 ✭✭✭fitzparker

Not sure he is full time with Sugar hill, just during fight camp.

He was a couple weeks out of Wilder fight before it got cancelled, so with the fact his missus was due and not wanting to burn himself out id say he came back for a few weeks.

Rematch is set for 9th october so he might head out in the next 3 weeks and do his last 4 weeks over there.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,172 ✭✭✭✭StringerBell

Arum said Sugar Hill was going to the UK.

"People say ‘go with the flow’ but do you know what goes with the flow? Dead fish."

• Registered Users Posts: 38,369 ✭✭✭✭eagle eye

Dubois with another first rounder. This guy wasn't as bad as people will make out. He fought for the US title and lost by decision, he sparred with Wilder and the Jennings guy that lost to Joe Joyce. He was never knocked out before, only had three losses and had 17 knockouts coming in from 19 wins. He hit Dubois with a couple of good shots too but they didn't seem to stop him for long.

This guy was no bum.

Interesting I just saw the result and card that he was on and presumed he was a turkey.

at the age Dubois is we should only really be beginning to hear about him. He has the style and power to make big waves. We will know how good jj is in the next six months or so I imagine and then we can judge that better. What I’m a thinking is that Joyce has always looked so open yet Dubois didn’t get to him at all.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 38,369 ✭✭✭✭eagle eye

Dubois got schooled by Joyce. What he was missing was the iq. He looked smarter in his latest fight but we won't really know if he's learned anything until he takes on a really good fighter.

• Registered Users Posts: 55,600 ✭✭✭✭walshb

Dubois needs to keep up the momentum now

The contrarian in me hopes that AJ gets schooled by Usyk and then Fury gets flat lined by Wilder and the two lads fight for the undisputed title ,

AJ & Fury been pissing around for to long now & you just know its never going to happen with both of them at the top

• Registered Users Posts: 216 ✭✭ohnohedidnt

I think this is a possibility. AJ and Fury are still focused on each other and the media. Very little coming from Usyk and Wilder, I think they're more focused, and have a few quid on both upsets.

Why would AJ be letting pictures get released of his new trimmer body. If you're trimming down, to increase speed and agility, why not let it be a surprise? AY and Fury are a bit too full of themselves.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,351 ✭✭✭Littlehorny

Glad other posters on here are saying the same thing I was thinking. And that is I'm sick to the back teeth of these 3 "champions".

Would love to see them all beat by underdogs at this stage. To think we used to give out about the Klitchko's, I know most of the oponents they beat were muck but at least they fought a couple of times a year and fought all of the muck that was out there!

• Registered Users Posts: 55,600 ✭✭✭✭walshb

No major surprise if both AJ and Fury lose, albeit I feel AJ is a deserved and warm favorite...

Separate: The boards site is very uninviting with this whole new layout.

AJ is just to big and powerful for Usyk who struggled with Derek ,I can;t for the life of me seeing a way Usyk wins,

Fury V Wilder , Wilder will always have to just land one clean punch to end it makes him such a dangerous fighter,

• Registered Users Posts: 12,765 ✭✭✭✭The Nal

In silly news, how worried are people about Holyfield at the weekend? Guy is nearly 60 and hasn't fought in 10 years.

Yea but that’s what surprised me mostly because very ordinary fighters have been able to hit Joyce. Dubois didn’t get near him. I think he’d have learnt much more had his corner pulled him out. The embarrassment they let him suffer was massive and unnecessary, not to mention the fact that they put his health at risk. Maybe he’s lucky he took the knee. Dubois is exciting but I don’t really want to watch him can-opening for 6 more fights. It’s a delicate balance

• Advertisement

This site is a mess. User unfriendly. It wasn’t broke…

I think Fury has the grit for this I see a similar fight. Wilder might not be able to be much worse, I expect him to gamble much more so there’s a 30% maybe in there

id just love Usyk to win but I’d be astonished

Advertisement