Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

RTE Radio 1: The Ryan Tubridy Show

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,420 ✭✭✭✭sligojoek

I thought Tubridy was bad but this lad takes the biscuit.

Boys bad.

Girls good

• Registered Users Posts: 2,909 ✭✭✭Gwynplaine

Awful, any time I put it on he's talking about his family.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,822 ✭✭✭✭Brendan Bendar

We are at the bottom of the barrel now Joe, as soon as I hear the name ‘Baz’ mentioned…….

Bang!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,748 ✭✭✭Pelvis Parsley

Ollie was making him look too bad so they rolled in the booby prize.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,822 ✭✭✭✭Brendan Bendar

Pity Callan can’t leave his political sniping for his ‘own time’ and production.

when he is on RTE time he needs to cut out the snide references or take a hike.

Should be fairly obvious……….

• Advertisement

Someone pull him off the stage.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,042 ✭✭✭Gen.Zhukov

Does Baz have a favourite humming noise?

Coming up. PBH celebrating the Spice Girls and female empowerment.

What has RTE become?

Baz, to Noel Hogan: you live in Limerick. How down to earth.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,211 ✭✭✭✭NIMAN

So Ryan's favourite sportsperson of all time, won Olympic gold.

Thats the 1st episode of the LLS already done. A Kellie Special!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,657 ✭✭✭archfi

The Boy King is back! 👍️👎️

TBF, Tubridy has had Kellie Harrington on a few times over the past few years and has come across as really, genuinely liking her.

The issue is never the issue; the issue is always the revolution.

The Entryism process: 1) Demand access; 2) Demand accommodation; 3) Demand a seat at the table; 4) Demand to run the table; 5) Demand to run the institution; 6) Run the institution to produce more activists and policy until they run it into the ground.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,530 ✭✭✭PieOhMy

Book interview and complaining about social media. Good to see he's back with some fresh ideas after the holiday!

• Registered Users Posts: 108 ✭✭golondrinas1

This guy wants everyone to stop using social media and buy his book instead.

Yeah right.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 7,496 Mod ✭✭✭✭HildaOgdenx

Happened to see her interviewed a couple of times last week, she is such a lovely person, and really comes across well in interviews.

I can't watch the LLS, because Tubridy is so on edge, he would manage to turn what should be a relaxed and easy interview with her, into an ordeal for everyone.

The thought of the unbridled joy she is experiencing must make Ryan feel physically sick. Luckily I believe Kellie Harrington works in a hospital so that connection and proximity to death will be a nice jumping off point for the interview once that annoying positive stuff is out of the way. Maybe add some personal tragedy to the mix and you've got yourself a classic Tubridy interview that will have the audience going to bed feeling drained and depressed - just the way he likes it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,267 ✭✭✭Bellbottoms

Now, now. No need to be so cynical. Ryan has been planning the first episode of the new season since at least April.

He has constantly been telling us all how amazing it is going to be. And how it's going to knock all of our socks off.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,641 ✭✭✭✭Elmo

John Boyne he was cancelled for "My Brother's Name is Jessica" because the title should have read "My Sister's Name was Jack" but then he'd be dead naming a fictional charachter!

Ryan is having all his thunder stolen in the Kellie front by his fellow RTE presenters.

By the time he gets back into work, and interviews Kellie, she'll be old news.

Does John Boyne enjoy going out of his way to offend people.

When you are getting **** from the aushwitz museum. Instead of doubling down. Maybe sit down and think about what they are saying.

And now this.

Books

Trump

History

Connemara

The famine.

His subjects are really limited

• Advertisement

Waffled for 27min today, minus the song of course.

A new record?

Missed the start.

Surely he mentioned the Olympic gold?

^^ Ah now Sligo, his subjects are more confined than limited: Where else will be hear about the Donald? What other Audience wants to hear more about Trump? GIve Tubbs a break!

Ryan's back and very little activity in the thread.

Has everyone given up on the show?

My schedule has changed. Meetings most mornings between 9 and 10.

So no more Ryan for me.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,033 ✭✭✭furiousox

No, but everyone has given up on "new" boards.ie.

CPL 593H

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,199 ✭✭✭mistersifter

Tubridy is chuffed about the new boards I'd say. All the nasty bullies have fecked off.

Bad time for me these days. I don't think I've listened to any more than 5 or 10 minutes in the last few months regardless of who's presenting.

Heard a bit of himself today.

Books he's read and books he's going to read.

Films he's seen and going to see.

Trump. I'd forgotten all about him Ryan. You should too.

History and the famine.

Nothing new after who knows how many weeks to refresh and revamp.

• Registered Users Posts: 150 ✭✭Gary Scrod

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,199 ✭✭✭mistersifter

I hear ya. Tuned in for a few minutes and he was on about tea brack, pints in cosy pubs in Connemara and how he loves going to the cinema and having popcorn or some shít. The usual contrived, irritating, repetitive load of bollix. I just felt a sort of resignation and switched it off.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,506 ✭✭✭SpitfireIV

I sent him a text yesterday to plug a voluntary museum that I'm part of, he have us a good mention so he's alright by me 😁

Spidding

He must have been in America for his holidays

Creatures

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,266 ✭✭✭✭Ash.J.Williams

• Advertisement

What was the topic of the call on Tuesday?

So far since the holiday we have had:

Bookshop / Author: 2

Death/illness: 1

Post edited by PieOhMy on

Another bookshop interview today.

"Do they love being surrounded by beautiful books ".

Notably, as always, he does little to promote the countrywide fully-integrated libraries service under the auspices of Libraries Ireland, whereby you can order •any• item from the countrywide network and beyond to your nearest convenient branch to pick up, and return same to •any• branch, together with the years of expertise and knowledge of the staff who can field queries on almost any subject under the universe.

it's solely about local businesses, which is fine, but, if he believes in free universal access to literature and knowledge, he should do an equal job of promoting the libraries service. I wasn't impressed with that Louisburgh bookseller's take on the local library, and seemingly her dearth of knowledge of the breadth of service it provides.

For a man who seems to talk non-stop about books, he does seem to rarely mention libraries.

I suppose they don't hand out freebies or give photo ops for radio presenters.

• Advertisement

Just checked it was about 5km local history documentary and also an author.

So far since the 2nd holiday we've had:

Bookshop / Author: 3

A.N Other: 1

The toy show is going to he special this year.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,657 ✭✭✭archfi

A promise of a bumper first LLS back...

Another daily update about the Toy Show, that's one a day since the last one was on - big discussion was had with his team about what character he should play...

The issue is never the issue; the issue is always the revolution.

The Entryism process: 1) Demand access; 2) Demand accommodation; 3) Demand a seat at the table; 4) Demand to run the table; 5) Demand to run the institution; 6) Run the institution to produce more activists and policy until they run it into the ground.

He cares more than the rest of us, and for some reason he thinks the nation needs a Toy Show update from January onwards.

No doubt once the kids are back at school, NK Management and the Mirror will have daily updates on the amount of work he is doing to prep for the Toy Show.

At the end of the day, its all about Ryan. Sorry, the Toy Man.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,748 ✭✭✭Pelvis Parsley

He's a vacuous little jackanapes, and might as well be phoning it in.

Say what you like about Gee Ryan, but at least he could mix it up a bit.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,277 ✭✭✭hawley

More freebies, presumably gets paid to visit museums and gets goodies and free lunch etc. Amazing the greed of some people.

https://carlow-nationalist.ie/2021/07/17/ryan-tubridy-speaks-glowingly-of-trip-to-athy-and-ballitore/

"My friends in the Shackleton Museum got in touch and said, well if you’re you’ve got to come here. So, I said fair enough.”

I’m gonna go home and watch the Shackleton movie, gonna read some of the books they gave me, so it’s great, I’ve got a whole new avenue of history to explore.”

His third stop of the day was just up the road outside the village post office run by Lily O’Mara – Lily and friends hosted a lovely tea party for the esteemed visitor, complete with a song from community garda Seán O’Mahony!

Speaking on his radio show the day after his visit to Kildare, Mr Tubridy spoke glowingly of his experience and remarked that it was “a very beautiful way to spend an afternoon and a morning, and thank you very much indeed for the welcome. And can I recommend – just sincerely and heartily – that, if you want to see Seán the singing guard, if you want to meet Lily in the post office, or if you want to get some books from Pauline, and equally then head up the road to Athy and go to the Shackleton Museum, you will not be bored … there’s so much in it.”

This is the type of thing he made out he was on the verge of a breakdown from before the first holiday. Is the first late late show still going to be for first line workers like was promised before? That will be nice for them at least to to get a share of a taste in the free stuff the rte staff get to enjoy.

So far since the 2nd holiday we've had:

A.N Other: 2

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 43,028 ✭✭✭✭SEPT 23 1989

I would pay good money to watch him intervene in that street domestic

He's said before his strategy would be to break the guys legs.

So far since the 2nd holiday (8th Aug) we've had:

Death & illness/domestic abuse: 2

A.N Other: 4

Toy Show mentions: 1

Shockingly they actually put a bit of effort into the radio app and handily break up the segments of the days show, otherwise I wouldn't be able to maintain this. I doubt I have the stamina needed to keep it going long but after the success of the freebies list I'll give it a shot. Only objective here is to see:

1. What the % strike rate of toyshow mentions to shows will be; and

2. The % of misery topics at a certain date.

If there's a mention of the toy Show would appreciated if it's flagged here as I can't cope with it most days recently it's just so poor.

• Advertisement
Advertisement