Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

No Man's Sky

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,972 ✭✭✭EoinMcLovin

5 year anniversary and Frontiers update tease

I wonder what the new update will be.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,947 ✭✭✭circadian

Retreat! Retreat! Is a fantastic piece of music.

I had never heard of 65days until NMS; I find a lot of their stuff is just incredibly easy to listen to. They seem very under appreciated.

Can't help but feel like mp3/Spotify don't really do them justice either, I'd love to listen to them on vinyl.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,947 ✭✭✭circadian

They're excellent live, well worth checking out if you get the chance.

I hope they expand the depth of the game. They seem to mostly focus on widening the scope.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,953 ✭✭✭✭Potential-Monke

There's a few websites out there who will put whatever you want onto a poster. And some sites which do the aluminum posters, and those NMS ones would look amazing on them I reckon.

• Registered Users Posts: 38 Maxxx17

WOW. This game looks strangely interesting.

No Man's Sky Frontiers

Become Overseer of your very own procedurally generated alien settlement in update 3.6, FRONTIERS. Make choices, guide your citizens, develop new structures and defend your people from the Sentinels. Or, take advantage of a massive overhaul of base building to construct your own dream base.

https://www.nomanssky.com/frontiers-update/?cli_action=1630506419.734

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,453 ✭✭✭marcbrophy

This is very cool!

I never had any inclination to build a base, but put me down in a pre-built one and I could in on the action.

I might put a few more hours into this when that update drops 🙂

• Registered Users Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

• Registered Users Posts: 6,453 ✭✭✭marcbrophy

I wonder is HG ever going to stop with NMS updates... Might have to install this again to see what it's like with the new update (again!).

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,154 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

Also installing it it again. They've done a great job with these updates, and i love that they release them so soon after announcing them.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,362 ✭✭✭Dave_The_Sheep

Have the ever solved the ridiculous texture pop in problems? I run it on full graphics and when it's loaded, it's nice looking but pop in is horrendous.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

never left it unsintalled, enjoyed it from the start.

Also is this **** website ever going to be fixed? I get notifications for a thread i posted on 7 **** years ago but not this one.

When can I subscribe to forums again?

It's a bit all over the place, but (on computer) click on your profile in the top right, then click your username to get to you profile page. Scroll down and you'll see all the threads you've "bookmarked" (previously followed). Untick the ones that you don't want updates on (the change basically reset the last notification time, so you got them all again). Then, if you want to follow a thread, up the top right is the little bookmark icon. I unbookmarked loads, because boards now automatically bookmarks threads once you reply.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,783 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

With the new settlements and expansion on base building, is NMS kind of similar to Subnautica now (well more on land and space than water)? I've been looking for a Subnautica type game of exploration and base building but can't seem to find what that matches.

Feck it, decided to bite the bullet and get it on PSN, currently on sale for 25, but I keep getting an error. Bank said they can't see any request coming through from PS and PS say they don't know. Maybe it's a sign to not get the game :)

Was watching a playthrough from 2021 but it was a permadeath run and he was avoiding his starting ship for some reason so didn't watch much but it definitely has me interested.

• Advertisement

Cool, that's me sold so thanks! Yeah, i was looking up bases on YouTube before and apart from the tubes that go miles below the surface, it was all the same. Keeping my hopes low for this as I can't see it capturing the magic of Subnautica but it definitely looks worth a go. So much content for 25 quid.

Yeah, don't be expecting the tight perfection that comes from Subnautica, but very few games will give you the same scale, and I thoroughly enjoyed the multiple "play throughs" (I never "finished" the game, just the black orb story). It did give me just as many wow moments as Subnautica did, and some of the planets are genuinely interesting or bleak. It's a total relaxing game, with no real push towards an end, which is why Subnautica is better overall, but NMS is its own thing too. I think you'll get your monies worth out of it at the very least. And I haven't played since Beyond either, but still think it was worth the launch price I paid.

So first impressions, I'm hooked. Very Subnautica-esque beginning with collecting resources, repairing tools and crafting new tools. Bit overwhelming with the amount of stuff and a fire storm constantly trying to kill me. Managed to build my first gaf and next step is an advanced habitat builder but i feel like that's from the recent settlements maybe? Not sure if the newer today's integrate into a new game to get you discovering them quicker? Took one trip into space but then it wanted me back on the planet i started on.

Definitely not gonna make that place my home, need to find somewhere more hospitable.

Still getting my head around the UI, so many menus but I'm sure I'll get the hang of it soon.

I didn't get to customise my character, i take it that comes later?

I think you can customize your character at space stations

• Registered Users Posts: 2,131 ✭✭✭holly_johnson

New expedition starts tomorrow called Cartographer and there'll be twitch drops from 9th-13th.

Yeah, if I was you Zero, I'd spend a bit of time flying around exploring and not settling too early. You'll nearly always find a better planet, but at least go for one that doesn't try to kill you every few in game hours! But explore first and upgrade your ship, I was verrrrry lucky in finding a crashed fighter that was B class and had more storage than most other ships! Once you upgrade to the third hyperjump (the one for going between star systems), that's when I started to settle.

Cool yeah, I'm not sure if it's the main story trying to get me to settle early to show me the mechanics or the base building dlc that was added. Trying to just follow the steps the game is giving me but mad to get exploring. Saying that, there's so much stuff, i want to take my time so i don't miss any important/game long mechanics.

Advertisement