Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fire at Nantes Cathedral

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 321 ✭✭TheBlackPill

splashuum wrote: »
    So this week a Somalian has been arrested for torching churches in Norway. 2.2m in damage.
    I struggle to fathom why people still believe there is zero chance that Notre Dame was torched? Are people really that naive?

and i remember the CCTV footage from neighbouring buildings showing a person on the roof and flashes just before the fire took hold(and we were told no workers were there at the time).
    I hope it was not arson, but if murdering 150+ people in the Bataclan and murdering Dozens at a childrens'/teenagers' concert didn't produce mass outrage and action, i doubt an arson attack on Notre dame would too

• Registered Users Posts: 3,363 ✭✭✭1800_Ladladlad

I know its not related to the burning of Church but its still an attack on a church goer of the same faith

https://6abc.com/philly-church-attack-cathedral-basilica-of-saints-peter--paul-nelson-perez-archidioese-philadelphia/6384901/

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 20,862 Mod ✭✭✭✭inforfun

Meh... that could be related to anything. Or nothing.

inforfun wrote: »
    Meh... that could be related to anything. Or nothing.

Do you think this is acceptable? For a person to be attacked in a place of worship? Reverse the roles or change the faith and it would be reported as a racist attack or hate crime.

---

When it's a black person that's attacked it's attributed to their race. It's racism, its systemic. The oppression. But when its a white person or a Catholic, in this case, it's convenient for people to not apply the same level of standards provided by the usual activists who revel in identity politics and shouting that whites are racists.

No Catholic would act like this during mass or when inside a church or cathedral. Iv witnessed all sorts of disruptive abuse coming from people entering inside the church itself and from within the grounds or outside them. The pro-choice groups, syringes, p*ss, and broken glass in the Holy water fountains at the entrance, people disrupting the mass screaming abuse, things thrown at us when outside. The examples are endless. It's become acceptable to mock, attack and antagonise Catholics. & Do you know why? Because there won't be any kind of revenge or response through the use of violence or physical harm!!

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 20,862 Mod ✭✭✭✭inforfun

No, i dont think it is acceptable. And the place where it happens .. i dont care about. Wouldnt be more or less acceptable if it happened anywhere else.

But before any facts are out in the open as to why this happened, i am not going to assume reasons.

There are just a lot of ***** walking around.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,844 ✭✭✭Polar101

The two incidents that occurred that are highly linked.

How?

• Registered Users Posts: 519 ✭✭✭splashuum

Polar101 wrote: »
    How?

Arson attacks on on a place of worship ?

• Registered Users Posts: 524 ✭✭✭DelaneyIn

A Somali migrant has admitted to setting two Norwegian churches on fire earlier this year, claiming that he committed the arson attacks as revenge for a burning of a copy of the Qur’an late last year.

Here is a Norwegian article on the story - https://www.nrk.no/innlandet/tiltaltes-forklaring-etter-kirkebrannen-pa-dombas-1.15126596

A church in Berlin on fire. It's all just a coincidence how more churches that have stood for centuries begin spontaneously combust. As accidental as the recent bush fires in the states.

https://twitter.com/RT_com/status/1309507963728560132

https://1newsday.com/world/evangelical-church-in-western-berlin-catches-fire-video-photo.html

• Registered Users Posts: 241 ✭✭excludedbin

So... this thread is just another dumping ground for racist ballbags to whinge about brown people, eh? Not really seeing what Berlin or Norway have to do with Nantes, France.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 9,586 ✭✭✭4068ac1elhodqr

Not really seeing what Berlin or Norway have to do with Nantes, France.
    The burning down of churches :confused: it's a simple enough connection to make.

Worth noting the Chinese lads who have x380 detention camps for their 1m+ unwanted Uighurs, and make them scan QRCodes to scratch their cojones, are also burning down or demolishing mosques.
    Any talk of religion (of any sort) over there is generally frowned upon. You must only worship the athiest state leadership.

Meanwhile, oppressive Iran now has the fastest growing Christian evangelical population in the world, even though they're considered a threat to their backwards regime over there.

A new ID scheme to identify beliefs of an individual, won't serve them any favours. Fed up with the regime, it still grows none the less, at risk of punishment. Expect they will have some mysterious fires before too long.

So why not make threads about them if people feel so strongly? This thread was almost entirely racists jumping to conclusions based on their own prejudices and crying about how it's all a conspiracy to "protect non-whites". Now granted, they were right about the culprit.

This time. But that doesn't change they fact that they jumped to conclusions on nothing but their own prejudices. But that's not enough, now we have to have pages of whinging about other countries. It's never enough to just have one or two threads expounding on how doubleplusungood immigrants are, any and every thread that can possibly be hijacked for it, is.

Hell, on this page alone there's someone making the ludicrous pronouncement that Notre Dame could've been torched by an immigrant because... And that's it. No reason, no logic, no attempt to link the two in any way other than 'another Cathedral was torched, therefore IT'S POSSIBLE *wink wink* it was done by an immigrant because this one was'. Racists desperately searching for any and all evidence that they can use to justify their prejudices.

And I know it's so terribly vogue to do that on this forum but that doesn't mean the rest of us can't point it out for what it is.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,586 ✭✭✭4068ac1elhodqr

So why not make threads about them if people feel so strongly?
    China's Xinjiang is tad further (logistically and culturally) from (our EU) neighbours in Norway, Paris, Nantes, Barcelona, Berlin, Normandy and so on.

Even then China (HK/Uighurs) does get plenty a mention: https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2058114153

Better question would be why don't the folks over in Asia (even MidEast) e.g. Pakistan or S'Arabia, raise concerns with their Chinese neighbours when making the next (wink wink) billion dollar trade deal with the Chinese oppressors.

So... this thread is just another dumping ground for racist ballbags to whinge about brown people, eh? Not really seeing what Berlin or Norway have to do with Nantes, France.

Did you melt when you typed that ?

Did I melt? Is that some new slang kids are using these days or something?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,857 ✭✭✭growleaves

I struggle to fathom why people still believe there is zero chance that Notre Dame was torched? Are people really that naive?

According to official statistics 875 French churches were vandalised in 2018. Not sure what the numbers are for 2019 and 2020 so far.

To answer your question, many people pose as naifs to show their conformity to the official narratives of society.

The Rwandan man who torched this cathedral murdered a catholic priest today. He was let out of prison soon after the arson.

https://www.google.ie/amp/s/www.euronews.com/amp/2021/08/09/catholic-priest-murdered-in-france-says-interior-minister

• Registered Users Posts: 1,614 ✭✭✭WrenBoy

"The priest, aged 60, had been hosting the suspect for "several months," a police source said."

If I read this correctly the priest had shown compassion to this man, even though the killers alleged crime had targeted his place of worship. Tragic.

Edit- the priest had been sheltering him.

https://twitter.com/BrunoRetailleau/status/1424687334650437634

"I want to pay tribute to Father Olivier Maire, superior of the Montfortians murdered by a criminal he was sheltering out of charity. His death testifies to the kindness of this priest whom I knew well and whose depth of faith I had been able to appreciate. His death is a great loss"

• Registered Users Posts: 524 ✭✭✭DelaneyIn

So the guy burnt down a church last year yet was released already and wasn't even deported ? And now someone is dead.

• Advertisement

Maybe next year he'll get his hands on a bishop. France must feel a cold place for Christians.

• Registered Users Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

Very tragic. Certainly not the first nor, I suspect, the last priest to be murdered.

• Registered Users Posts: 150 ✭✭Gary Scrod

Why hadn't this bogus asylum seeker been deported?

True Biko, Fr. Joseph Walsh and Fr. Niall Molloy, two of the more famous murders of priests here. Of course, there were many murdered overseas and in the 1920s in Ireland.

Murder is tragic.

Especially when its targeting adherents of a specific religion.

You will read no response to the murder from many of the posters in this thread.

It's his own fault?

for being a good and decent person trying to help others out?

That's a disgusting attitude.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,201 ✭✭✭TomSweeney

• Registered Users Posts: 6,266 ✭✭✭Jequ0n

Yes, keeps me alive.

It takes a severe level of delusion to think that you can just “help” someone who recently burnt down a building. Guess God isn’t almighty after all.

• Advertisement

Just so I understand you correctly.....

The good decent man, helping someone out and doing their best for others is at fault for his own murder?

Not the actual murdering murderer who murdered him?

Right.

Advertisement