Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fly me to the Moon - your 3rd travel Megathread - read OP

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,229 ✭✭✭TomSweeney

Just looking at it, my brother in law is coming over too and he has no English, the PLF has english option only .... looks like a right pain in the arse ...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,912 ✭✭✭Marty Bird

🌞6.02kWp⚡️3.01kWp South/East⚡️3.01kWp West

That’s my reading of it, it won’t allow me do it yet the only reason I see for this is I’m travelling on tests.

Yes, maybe that’s why you can fill it out earlier than the 72 hours. Tried ringing the DFA but no joy.

I flew out last week and it was a very smooth process from tests to arrival, now the question remains will it be the same on my return, time will tell.

Post edited by Marty Bird on

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,542 ✭✭✭Seanachai

Is testing needed when traveling from London to Belfast?

• Registered Users Posts: 206 ✭✭Frankie19

I did the Portugal one the day before as I needed seat number from check in so approx 24 hours before flight. I will do the irish one Thursday as well before we fly home once checked in. I think Dublin needs to be done within 48 hours.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,543 ✭✭✭Duff

I know this has probably been covered umpteen times already lads, but I still have no idea how to search threads with the new layout! Myself and the o/h are travelling to Paris on the 28th for 4 nights. Flying Dublin to CDG.

We're both fully vaccinated and I have my DCC. However, my o/h is from Belfast and got both her jabs up there. I'm not sure if the NHS have an app to show vaccination status she just has the vaccine card to show she got both jabs. Will that be okay in Dublin/CDG airport? Is there anything else we need apart from proof of vaccination status and PLFs filled in?

Cheers.

So I'd like to go to Spain in the next few weeks. I have the full vaccine, digital certs and I know to fill out the DLF before leaving Ireland and Spain.

Am I missing something here?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 59 ✭✭Ellie1988

She can get the covidcertni app and get her cert and qr code on that. NI cert is fully compatible with eu systems

• Registered Users Posts: 4,528 ✭✭✭copeyhagen

folks, thinking of going back to my mams in spain again in August, all 4 of us in house have covid now so thinking of giving ourselves a treat.

flights from Dublin are still a joke so looking at Belfast again.

i cant find anywhere that mentions recovery certs for the UK for coming home.

wife is double jabbed (still got mildly sick from the covid) but she has her DCC.

both kids have covid also, 4 and 7, almost 5 and 8.

we cant take a test coming home as it will show up as positive, does the UK take our recovery cert when returning?

has anyone been in the same boat?!

i know returning to ireland would be no tests etc as we would have our recovery certs.

thanks.

Brilliant. Never heard of that. Thank you!

First time travelling since all this started so still a bit clueless - Is the covid cert and PLC forms all we need for travel?

• Registered Users Posts: 59 ✭✭Ellie1988

And after that she can then download the ROI covid tracker app, scan her qr code from the ni app onto that which will produce the eu covid cert for her.

Think it's vaccination cert and plf then you're good to go :)

• Registered Users Posts: 890 ✭✭✭sy_flembeck

I wouldn't say Ryanair were flawless but they were still a damn sight better than Aer Lingus. They were a disgrace

I would tend to fly with Ryanair more so perhaps it's just that or the destination involved but Ryanair consistently dumped me with changed and cancelled flights.

Again, so did aer lingus when I wasn't flying to an international capital city airport.

Neither were good for refunds at the start but Ryanair were the slower and now the faster.

Swings and roundabouts I suppose

• Registered Users Posts: 8,529 ✭✭✭jmreire

Anyone travelled to Serbia recently? What was your experience re covid and vaccinations?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,275 ✭✭✭CruelSummer

Had such a great recent travel experience to the Balearics. Shannon Airport was very quiet on arrival - staff were absolutely fantastic. They were so delighted to see people coming through the doors once again. Ryanair were on time & offered great cabin service throughout the flight.

On arrival to the Balearics, you go through passport control as normal at first - this was very fast. Spanish passport officer told me they’d been relatively busy since early June and things really took off from July 1st. Next onto the Covid checkpoint - where people in PPE stood behind should anyone be attempting to enter without the DCC or relevant required tests. Once your vaccine / test results are uploaded to the Spanish passenger locator, it issued a QR code for all which is then scanned here. Children also got QR code which was scanned despite being exempt from tests. Passed straight through quickly & onto baggage collection. Then pick up of rental car.

Mask wearing is very popular in the Balearics, with many people & tourists wearing them on busy streets. Indoor parties of 4 max allowed. Outdoor bigger groups & less rules. Beaches were busy, some lifeguards wore masks while walking along, some didn’t.

Many people from the U.K. there initially but disappeared with headlines of Amber plus surfacing. So many other European Nationalities there. We were in a quiet location away from the hustle & bustle and it was absolutely beautiful.

Checking in for return flight, Ryanair staff checked all documentation at bag drop, including the Irish passenger locator form. They then give a slip of paper to show at the gate to say we’d been checked. Security was busy but moving. Ryanair staff then rechecking at gate travel documents, especially those who hadn’t already been checked at bag drop & were bringing carry on. Plane left on time, arrival into Shannon & passport control is the only area to check all documents. This is fine while quiet but might need to be looked at if it gets busier. All in all, a great experience.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,161 ✭✭✭rameire

Flew to Gatwick from Dublin Saturday 31st July.

Used Ryanair. constant emails from Ryanair advising to make sure all details and covid requirements were up to date.

Before leaving I had loaded the Covid DCC to the Ryanair App via a Pic of the paper version, for myself and Wife. Child aged 10 required none but gave a warning on the app that the Covid DCC was required.

Leaving Dublin, only standard Old Ryanair checks of boarding pass and passport required, nothing else.

Returning Sunday 8th Aug, completed the Passenger locator form on gov website, was simple and easy, completed 1 for wife and 1 for myself with child included. it required passport and vaccine date of last injection.

It emails you the Passenger locator form for your ease of use. No additional items required for Ryanair app.

Was checking a bag and woman at desk just asked all people queuing had they the passenger locator form and had they the dcc for vaccine or pcr? anybody who said no was advised to completed documents before heading to plane as they could be caught out with a fine.

Upon boarding only the standard items of passport and boarding pass were checked, nothing else.

At Dublin airport customs, 3 passports were checked at same time, asked where coming from, and told have a nice day.

At no point was I or wife or child asked for passenger locator form or for the DCC.

Both flights were 99% full. Mask wearing is required onboard, nobody flaunted this.

In the UK, it feels as if there is no virus, most people walk around without a mask.

There are signs and announcements that masks are required on public transport.

Most staff of shops and attractions were wearing masks.

Post edited by rameire on

🌞 3.8kwp, 🌞 Split 2.28S, 1.52E. 🌞 Clonee, Dub.🌞

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,229 ✭✭✭TomSweeney

PLF needs to be printed ?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,161 ✭✭✭rameire

🌞 3.8kwp, 🌞 Split 2.28S, 1.52E. 🌞 Clonee, Dub.🌞

• Registered Users Posts: 2,736 ✭✭✭Diabhalta

What a relief! I was waiting for 11 months to finally live a normal life again for a while!

No masks, no social distancing in the pubs. No nonsense. They supposed to ask me for PCR test or antigen test results but nobody cares. Got a Thai massage yesterday, no questions asked. Masks only in shops and public transport. And even there it doesn't really matter.

What pandemic?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,264 ✭✭✭Red Silurian

I see the in the UK they are trialing the NHS COVID Pass app. Anybody attending the Spurs/Arsenal match yesterday had to have one for example... Does anybody know if there's any way it will work with the Digital Covid Cert we get issued in Ireland?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,247 ✭✭✭Sammy2012

Due to fly with Ryanair next week and am only bringing a 10kg carry on. Can anyone tell me if they are making you check these bags or can I take them on the plane?

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 51,688 Mod ✭✭✭✭Stheno

If your ticket includes a second carry on you can take it on

• Registered Users Posts: 15,265 ✭✭✭✭stephenjmcd

Have you paid to bring it on ? Then you can bring it on.

If not you'll have to pay for it to go in the hold.

Same as it's always been with Ryanair

• Registered Users Posts: 1,247 ✭✭✭Sammy2012

I have paid for carry on and another small bag. I had just heard that some people were saying Ryanair were making you check them in now. That's all. Just wanted to double check. No issue bringing it on.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,886 ✭✭✭munchkin_utd

maybe the friends are getting mixed up with Aer Lingus who since recently are making anyone who doesnt pay the cash put their 10kg carryon (for free) in the hold, or €35 if you chance it and get caught.

Its somewhat off topic, but seeing as many of us havent been flying since so long because of corona, and are now all making a bust for the airport, possibly more on topic than it first appears!

• Advertisement

Flew 3 weeks ago and that wasn't the case. Other user above is probable right, it's aer lingus

Advertisement