Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Harry and Meghan - OP updated with Threadbanned Users 4/5/21

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,039 ✭✭✭Deeec

The only advice Meghan can give working mums is to hire a good nanny, a fulltime cleaner and chef - which lets face it isnt reality for your average woman. Its sad she thinks she can relate to normal working mums when the reality is she hasnt a clue how much of a juggle everything is.

I had my first born son around the same time Archie was born and read an article about how they were adjusting to the new lifestyle. I almost spat out my tea when it mentioned something about a "day nanny" and a "night nanny". Sickening.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,927 ✭✭✭dogbert27

Probably an application process being picked not by Meghan but those working for Archwell and those picked will have the saddest story to allow the mentors look like the holy saviours they believe themselves to be

Presumably they will be picked based on their diversity points also. First pick will be the muslim trans woman in a wheelchair, and they will work down the pyramid from there.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,278 ✭✭✭ceadaoin.

I hope those submitting any stories read the t&cs. You have to sign away any rights or control over it. Using people's lives for their own profit is compassion in action obviously.

"By submitting material, you are granting Archewell (Archewell, LLC, Archewell Foundation, Archewell Productions & Archewell Audio, collectively Archewell), its principals, related entities, successors and assigns (Archewell Parties), an irrevocable, royalty free, fully paid up, in perpetuity, worldwide, assignable license to publish, broadcast, and use, in any media now known or hereafter developed, the Submission in whole or in part for all purposes it deems, in its sole discretion, appropriate. For purposes of illustration but not limitation it may post the Submission on this or any other affiliated or non-affiliated websites, include in online uses, film, video, games, publications, educational materials, seminars, forums, promotional materials, etc."

"You shall not be entitled to any credit, consideration, notice or payments of any kind. You waive any Moral Rights you may have to the Submissions, and agrees that if Archewell or any Archewell Party elects to use the Submissions for any purpose, all rights under copyright or other intellectual property rights which may result from Archewell or Archewell Parties’ use relating to your Submissions shall be the sole property of Archewell. You further agree that if Archewell or the Archewell Parties elect to use your Submissions, you will execute any documents requested regarding the usage. If you violate any of the representations or warranties you have made and as a result a use by Archewell and/or the Archewell Parties of the Submissions causes them to be liable to any third-party, You agree to indemnify Archewell and/or the Archewell Parties and their agents, employees, affiliates, subsidiaries, representative and all related parties from and against any and all damages, costs, judgments and expenses (including reasonable attorney fees) which it incurs as a result of its use of the Submissions."

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 329 ✭✭backwards_man

And what good will 40 mins of "mentoring" be in reality? Mentoring by its nature requires a relationship with the person who over time imparts their help and knowledge to you in some aspect. Imagine if you were assigned Melissa McCarthy - while she might make you laugh and forget about your woes for a while, you literally wouldnt get a word in edge-wise, it would be all about her. This is just a vanity project for all the Mentees involved. Its maddening that they dress it up as benefitting the women that they hand pick to join. It wont be Jacinta from the Projects, it will be someone who fits their image of who they want to mentor.

• Registered Users Posts: 689 ✭✭✭BettyS

We are going to hear stories about how I couldn’t pay my bills because I couldn’t work and we were facing eviction and then Celebrity X went out of their way to get me a new job and now look at my shiny, new life.

It is like Rich House, Poor House all over. The rich people will learn to appreciate the simple pleasures and to be more aware of their privilege and the poor person will be immensely grateful for how the rich person raised them out of poverty and has a renewed focus (complete trite, scripted for the camera; camera off, nothing has changed and they never see nor want to see each other again).

• Registered Users Posts: 1,514 ✭✭✭MoonUnit75

Maybe when she hits 80 the benefactors will get half a chance of a meaningful chat. 40 women, 40 minutes, just cause she turned 40, rather than making a useful contribution it all points back to her own ‘milestones’ and ‘achievements’.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,062 ✭✭✭✭Leg End Reject

Randy Andy is being sued by Virginia Giuffre.

I guess Harry and Meghan's accusations will take a back seat for a while.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,177 ✭✭✭✭Purple Mountain

I found it interesting that in the Oprah interview, H and M name dropped the Yorks in a positive light. Now I know they didn't mention Andrew specifically but I would have thought any mention of the York family would have been iffy territory for them when they were trying to sling mud at some of the other RF.

To thine own self be true

• Administrators, Politics Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,947 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Neyite

I hope that Ms Giuffre sues the hell out of him - and that any facts it discloses helps the FBI investigation with the criminal side of things.

I imagine Meghan is busy wondering what the hell she can pull out of the bag to top it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,514 ✭✭✭MoonUnit75

Prince Harry came up with the idea to juggle in his wife Meghan, Duchess of Sussex's 40th birthday video.

Video juggling was Prince Harry's idea (msn.com)

Hee, hee. Harry came up with the idea of looking like a clown, all by himself!

• Administrators, Politics Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,947 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Neyite

Juggling? Yes Harry, people DO think that was weird and gimmicky.

Do you reckon Meghan was raging that she didn't get invited to Obama's 60th Birthday? There were lots of A listers there. Some press are speculating that the Obama's chose to not invite due to their regard for the Queen, but I wonder that high profile celebrities are now very wary of Harry & Meghan's policy of airing other people's private business in their self-promotion bid and are keeping them at arms length.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,179 ✭✭✭Be right back

Oh she was definitely raging, especially when Harry had previously 'worked' with the Obamas. She must have been waiting on an invite!

The thought of her sitting fuming when she realised they wouldn't get an invite amuses me a lot. The thought of her fuming when she sees the likes of Chrissy Tiegan went pleases me even more. She gets an invite but a Duchess (and one of colour to boot) plus her prince husband don't get one.

It's pretty much official then that they are out in the cold really if they weren't even in the top 700 originally planned to invite before it got scaled back to a mere 200.

What about her party? Doesnt seem to have happened at all, so it was obviously just another attempt at attention stealing and to save face over not being invited. Delusional to think they could compete with the likes of the Obamas.

Like going to Obama's party!

All smiles before M came onto the scene!

Looks like she copied Obama's 60 for 60 campaign for his birthday. Literally nothing she does is original. The A listers surely must be getting tired of her relentless self promotion.

(I cant post links but the article is in the-sun.com)

• Advertisement

Spotted this on Instagram.

If that is true it goes to show they literally have zero self awareness of the damage thry have both done to Harry's family.

Yes, they don't seem to see the family and their connection to them as anything more than a meal ticket at this stage. It's so weird considering Harry always seemed so close to William and Catherine at least.

Oh, Harry, Harry, Harry, Harry. What are you thinking of?

• Registered Users Posts: 17,062 ✭✭✭✭Leg End Reject

Sarah would jump at the chance I'd say, but she's of no value, Randy Andy has enough heat and no one else would be bothered.

I wonder do Netflix have a get out clause, no royals no money? If they were expecting a family involvement I'm sure they included it.

How deluded are H & M to think they'd get on board after the Oprah interview?

• Registered Users Posts: 39,939 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

So they **** all over his family from which both of them derive all or most of their notoriety and fame from and then want the same family members to appear in their Netflix stuff and seem shocked that they supposedly said no. It’s just baffling behaviour. They want their cake and to eat it too. Sorry that’s not how life goes. You can’t say and carry on they way did and expect to still reap the benefits of it.

Thought this was funny!

• Advertisement

Meghan Markle is a shameless social climber.

All that matters to her is fame, attention, wealth, and networking with the most famous in society.

That's why I always describe her as a classic psychopath.

I don't believe she "loves" Harry, either. I think she'll do what it takes to get what she wants.

Advertisement