Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PSU gone.

Options
  • 10-08-2021 9:03am
    Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators Posts: 5,094 Mod ✭✭✭✭

My Dell T 5500 psu has given up working. Is this a suitable unit to replace it as Dell no longer sell the original unit

which is the H875EF-00.

And will I have to take out the original single plug in harness and all the cabling. Or do the supplied cables plug directly into the single plug harness.

Thanks

K.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,405 ✭✭✭✭TheValeyard

Cant comment on what brands of PSU will work in pre-built Dell machines. But I havent heard of it not working before.

But definitely switch out all the cabling.

Also check what W the old PSU was before you buy a new one.

All Eyes On Rafah

• Registered Users Posts: 3,865 ✭✭✭ozmo

Your link/attachment didn't come through.

Dell PSUs I had looked at before are custom sized - different screw holes - sometimes different motherboard plug wiring - so will need be a DELL psu.

this ebay listing shows what other pc models share that psu - so that might help in your search for compatible one.

https://www.ebay.ie/itm/192613190751

Also - I see the cable harness unplugs from the PSU - so you should not have to remove the harness if it looks intact and the replacment one is identical.

You sure its the PSU and not just the power button - or the fuse or pc power cable?

“Roll it back”

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators Posts: 5,094 Mod ✭✭✭✭kadman

I checked all the obvious, cabling, fuse plug. Its definitely the PSU. Its a H875EF-00 model number. Its 875 watt

• Registered Users Posts: 12,405 ✭✭✭✭TheValeyard

I know a lad that replaced his Dell PSU with a Seasonic one. I'll ask him about problems with screws, which could be a problem as stated by previous poster. It's possible some brands have custom brackets that fit multiple cases, but Dell do tend to be a bit finicky with their version of products.

I said in a previous thread, any self check in the PSU, like a button so you can test it?

All Eyes On Rafah

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators Posts: 5,094 Mod ✭✭✭✭kadman

I did the check shorting with the paperclip on the socket plug, and the result was nothing happened.

There is a green light button on the PSU at the back of the unit, but that does not light up now, even though there is power at the socket

• Advertisement
Advertisement