Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

The eBike thread

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,293 ✭✭✭DaveyDave

My Canyon Endurace ON arrived today. Yes my handlebars are too low, quick setup to give it a test ride, the delivery was later than expected haha.

9iVeFCQ.jpg

After a quick 15km loop the bike feels good. Assistance mostly on low 100w, you can tell there's a small bit of assistance but nothing major, feels like you're doing all the work but over a longer distance I'm sure fatigue would be less. Threw on 250w boost mode for some small hills and a bit of fun on some flats and it takes off quickly, you can tell it's really pushing you. Boost mode on Fazua ramps up fairly quick, the 210w mid power mode is more gradual. All settings can be tweaked, power, torque and how much rider effort is needed.

The Fazua system only puts out power if you're putting it in, in boost mode I was coming off a pedestrian/bike bridge, taking it easy going around some people and it wasn't pushing too much as I wasn't putting much power in so it was very controlled.

Bike doesn't feel heavy once above 25kph. You wouldn't know it's 15kg when you're on it. Plenty of cruising at 28-30kph without much effort. The 32c tyres are 345g so could easily save 200g in rolling weight with some 25c tyres, my work commute has one very short 10% climb, if the bike doesn't struggle up that I might replace the 42t cassette with 32t down the line to have closer gear ratios as I'm not planning on tackling any mountains.

The motor is seamless, from a stop boost mode is obvious but when you dip below 25kph it comes on smoothly and when you go above 25kph you really don't notice it switching off.

Going to leave it in boost mode tomorrow and do 45km. I'm 110kg but can easily cycle above 25kph so curious to see the range. Also visiting a friend on Saturday for a coffee which is a 42km trip.

Got a personal best on a 1.6km straight, 2:45 at 35kph average, previous on my carbon bike was 3:05 at 31kph so it's still a capable bike without the assistance!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,648 ✭✭✭✭beauf

Great looking bike too.

• Registered Users Posts: 128 ✭✭Rhodney

any recommendation/s where to get a mid drive kit? or is it possible to convert my 29" to ebike with rear thru axle? ive read the only way would be thru pedal motor?
    if its not possible or expensive, my next option is to convert my spare bike, its a giant defy 1 (700c road bike) would this be much easier?
    thanks

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 461 ✭✭cc

Mousewar wrote: »
    I've an M1 and I love it but don;t have experience of other ebikes. I opted for Kuma ahead of Vanmoof for the reason you stated. I wanted something I could get fixed here in Ireland.
    The R1 has about half the torque of the M1 so I'd say that's very noticeable. 40nm vs 80nm would be a big difference. Batterywise, the new R1 seems to have a 500w battery so presumably lasts as long as the M1 now. That probably also explains why the new R1 is heavier than its predecessor. The lightweight nature of the R1 was a good selling point but the new version is 20kg - still light for an ebike but I believe the previous model was as low as 17kg.

Kuma are great - go out and test ride the two of them and see what you like.

I got the 17kg version of the R1 while it was on sale recently for €1400 on the bike to work. It's excellent, rear hub motor is great, can take me up the steepest of incline but I love using it at lower assist levels on flats where the low weight makes a difference.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,741 ✭✭✭Mousewar

cc wrote: »
    I got the 17kg version of the R1 while it was on sale recently for €1400 on the bike to work. It's excellent, rear hub motor is great, can take me up the steepest of incline but I love using it at lower assist levels on flats where the low weight makes a difference.

Yeah I imagine the lightweight nature of the bike makes the 40nm go a lot further. Not sure the new model would be as effective with that extra weight.
    Not sure why they did it. They already had the m1 for people who wanted the longer life battery.
    My M1 is great and the 80nm is good but you need it with the weight of the bike.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,968 ✭✭✭✭Thargor

DaveyDave wrote: »
    My Canyon Endurace ON arrived today. Yes my handlebars are too low, quick setup to give it a test ride, the delivery was later than expected haha.

[IMG]https://i.imgur.com/9iVeFCQ.jpg[/G] After a quick 15km loop the bike feels good. Assistance mostly on low 100w, you can tell there's a small bit of assistance but nothing major, feels like you're doing all the work but over a longer distance I'm sure fatigue would be less. Threw on 250w boost mode for some small hills and a bit of fun on some flats and it takes off quickly, you can tell it's really pushing you. Boost mode on Fazua ramps up fairly quick, the 210w mid power mode is more gradual. All settings can be tweaked, power, torque and how much rider effort is needed. The Fazua system only puts out power if you're putting it in, in boost mode I was coming off a pedestrian/bike bridge, taking it easy going around some people and it wasn't pushing too much as I wasn't putting much power in so it was very controlled. Bike doesn't feel heavy once above 25kph. You wouldn't know it's 15kg when you're on it. Plenty of cruising at 28-30kph without much effort. The 32c tyres are 345g so could easily save 200g in rolling weight with some 25c tyres, my work commute has one very short 10% climb, if the bike doesn't struggle up that I might replace the 42t cassette with 32t down the line to have closer gear ratios as I'm not planning on tackling any mountains. The motor is seamless, from a stop boost mode is obvious but when you dip below 25kph it comes on smoothly and when you go above 25kph you really don't notice it switching off. Going to leave it in boost mode tomorrow and do 45km. I'm 110kg but can easily cycle above 25kph so curious to see the range. Also visiting a friend on Saturday for a coffee which is a 42km trip. Got a personal best on a 1.6km straight, 2:45 at 35kph average, previous on my carbon bike was 3:05 at 31kph so it's still a capable bike without the assistance![/img]
    Wow thought I was in the Images of Beauty thread in Cycling for a second before I read your text, that is a great looking ebike. Im switching to a long commute soon and have my next bike2work in July, seriously tempted now. Let us know how you get on with it.

Thargor wrote: »
    Wow thought I was in the Images of Beauty thread in Cycling for a second before I read your text, that is a great looking ebike. Im switching to a long commute soon and have my next bike2work in July, seriously tempted now. Let us know how you get on with it.

It's a nice bike alright, clean welds for an aluminium frame and although the downtube is thick it's still a normal looking bike.

My commute is 35km so not the longest distance, 21km in with a ton of traffic lights and long gentle inclines in the second half which are a serious chore then 14km home on backroads at night so it's important to be able to get the head down push on at 30kph.

I'm back to work on Sunday so I'll be interested to see if I can manage cycling for the week as I'm only out 1-3 times a week for 20-30km.

• Registered Users Posts: 82 ✭✭atahuapla

Anyone have the Fiido D11?

Heading back to the office in a few weeks so on the hunt for something.
    Seems like it ticks a lot of boxes; huge range, folds up nice and compact, removable battery (in the seat post), decent price point @ €800.

8tCuBIZ.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 254 ✭✭forestgirl

atahuapla wrote: »

Seems like it ticks a lot of boxes; huge range, folds up nice and compact, removable battery (in the seat post), decent price point @ €800.

8tCuBIZ.jpg

How far do you need to cycle?
    Will you be using the train as well?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,417 ✭✭✭griffdaddy

8tCuBIZ.jpg

It's plagued by issues. The main one is that the saddle pole keeps sliding down. Check out their other, slightly older but cheaper model, the D4S. I have one and it's been excellent to ride. Think it cost me about 580. Will upgrade the brakes etc. when I get a chance but it's excellent out of the box

Quick follow up on my Canyon Endurace ON with Fazua motor. 43km return trip from Lucan to Santry, N4 into town then up through Drumcondra, 317m elevation gain. Motor on full power, bit of a headwind when cycling into town so the motor was kicking in a bit on the flat to keep the speed up. Lots of stopping and inclines once past the city center to put the bike through its paces.

A more realistic spin than my test rides. Despite being on full power the entire time and the motor coming on a fair bit I got back with 50% battery, not bad at all considering I'm 110kg. Very surprised since range is usually quoted at 90-100km in 100w mode with someone who is probably fit and 70kg and I could probably manage 80-90km at 250w.

My fears of not being able to use full power going to work and also needing to charge daily are no more. Very impressed with the Fazua system.

• Registered Users Posts: 82 ✭✭atahuapla

forestgirl wrote: »
    How far do you need to cycle?
    Will you be using the train as well?

About 19km per day (9.5k each way).
    No, not training, I have road bikes for that. This would be purely a convenience commuter.
    griffdaddy wrote: »
    It's plagued by issues. The main one is that the saddle pole keeps sliding down. Check out their other, slightly older but cheaper model, the D4S. I have one and it's been excellent to ride. Think it cost me about 580. Will upgrade the brakes etc. when I get a chance but it's excellent out of the box

Interesting, haven't seen any youtubers mention that issue in their reviews. Will take another look.

• Registered Users Posts: 448 ✭✭SCOL

About 19km per day (9.5k each way).
    No, not training, I have road bikes for that. This would be purely a convenience commuter.

Interesting, haven't seen any youtubers mention that issue in their reviews. Will take another look.

I use my bafang 750w mid drive kit as a commuter up to 80hrs on the clock now
    and so far no problems about 45ish km per day I like the stealth look as it looks like a ordinary bike, just take the battery off and lock up up anywhere.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 542 ✭✭✭Nemanrio

Morning lads,

Would appreciate some advice or any tips here...

My partner is looking at getting an eBike (never had one myself) for some casual cycling, Sunday spin on a greenway/bring on holidays etc. It won't be used for commuting.

She would be getting it through the bike to work scheme and will want to put basket/panniers on too.

Any help would be greatly appreciated or must have accessories. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 587 ✭✭✭peaceboi

Just ordered the cube touring hybrid 500, comes with pannier, lights & side stand. 2 weeks delivery time.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 35 Executioner511

Where is the cheapest retailer to get an E-bike now I'm not looking for the entry model lidl type special ,decent but not off the scale price wise.

Where is the cheapest retailer to get an E-bike now I'm not looking for the entry model lidl type special ,decent but not off the scale price wise.

I just spotted this company today, around 100 for shipping.

https://greatebike.eu/apache-yamka-mx5

I don't notice a throttle on these, not sure if it can be added, but I think the 25 Km/hr limit can be removed.

1600 Euro's, decent bike, a Bosch powered bike would cost twice this for the same level of torque. They have plenty of other bikes to choose, stick to the Bafang I think, can't beat the power for the money.

I would not get a bike with less power than 70-80 Nm if you are not in good shape and if you are heavy and have any decent hills around you + ebikes are heavy.

• Registered Users Posts: 129 ✭✭Magzire

oops nvn

• Registered Users Posts: 98 ✭✭geo88

For people that bought the S3 - how was the experience of stopping/starting at intersections for you?
    My height is 178cm and wondering if the S3 would be uncomfortable for frequent stops.

Any other good options in the same price range that also qualify for the bike to work scheme? I see people recommending Cube and Haibike - thought they tend to be quite a bit more expensive.

Is there any thread for DYI conversions - e.g. what would be the best MTB to buy under ~1250e for attaching a kit to it? (Bafang mid drive seems popular here from what I can see).

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,800 ✭✭✭mailforkev

geo88 wrote: »
    For people that bought the S3 - how was the experience of stopping/starting at intersections for you?
    My height is 178cm and wondering if the S3 would be uncomfortable for frequent stops.

I have both an S3 and X3 in the house.
    I’m 1.87m so the S3 is perfect for me. It is a big bike though, tall crossbar. They’re built for Dutch people size.
    To be honest at 1.78m I’d say you’re just about hitting S3 height but with the saddle quite low. You might be more comfortable on the X3. Depends on your inside leg measurement a bit.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 97 ✭✭Redkite200

Hi, another e-bike noob question here:

Looking for a reliable e-bike that would handle say a 20km approx (total) daily commute on normal Irish main roads.

Would this be a decent bike to start off with?

https://greatebike.eu/apache-dakotah

(If I could bring the overall cost down a bit even better of course!)

Redkite200 wrote: »

Looking for a reliable e-bike that would handle say a 20km approx (total) daily commute on normal Irish main roads.

(If I could being the overall cost down a bit even better of course!)

At that price you're already very limited in the quality and power you can have in an ebike, that motor will provide maybe 45 Nm of torque and that's not a huge amount for a hub motor but should be just fine for level ground to give your legs a boost and it might surprise you on some short hills.

Most people now go for the likes of the Bosch and Yamaha crank drive motors because they can be more efficient especially for hills but on level ground crank drives don't have any advantage and can be somewhat of a disadvantage as you have to ease off on the power before changing gear, you don't with a hub motor.

The real advantage with crank drives is that if you have 45 Nm of torque then it's available in all gears, if you slow down on hills change to a lower gear for more power with a hub you can't because it's a fixed gear so when it slows down under max power then a lot of power gets wasted as heat as the hub becomes inefficient, the solution ? more power ? well yes because the more torque you have the easier the bike will overcome the force that's slowing it down but the consequence is more power needed which drains the battery faster.

So the only real way to know whether the bike would suit you is to test it out but you can't so it's a bit of a gamble, hubs are great with the right level of power so it might have just the right amount for you on level ground if you still peddle along.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 453 ✭✭nokiatom

(If I could being the overall cost down a bit even better of course!)

If its only 20km you are doing and theres no steep hills then that bike would suit you

Thanks for the replies.

(If I could bring the overall cost down a bit even better of course!)

I use a 750w mid drive for my commute 50km ish round trip If your in bad weather and want to get home it's nice to have that little extra power. 250w is EU legal but a little under powered.

Don't get fooled, most bikes are well beyond the 250 watt limit, the likes of Bosch are at around 750 watts or possibly more and Brose 1Kw or more.

No one cares about power any more really but the 25 Km/hr limit and not being allowed a throttle and I think acceleration limits.

250 watts is just a sticker put on the motor to make it look all nice and compliant. I bet ( but can't confirm ) even this bike with hub motor in the link above is closer to 500 Watts peak.

SCOL wrote: »
    I use a 750w mid drive for my commute 50km ish round trip If your in bad weather and want to get home it's nice to have that little extra power. 250w is EU legal but a little under powered.

Hi, which bike model are you using can I ask? Cheers

• Registered Users Posts: 497 ✭✭loughside

Great ebike weather out there !

• Registered Users Posts: 32 Martin_B1886

Hey wondering could someone help me out I'm looking to commute from Bray to Dublin daily roughly 45km total commute, I wanted to get an ebike to help with the slight gradients I don't want to spend an absolute fortune on my first one so I'm going to do the bike to work scheme but I'm clueless about bikes and was wondering which of these two are the better option?

or

On paper the Carrera looks the better option but I asked on Reddit and those guys said both are terrible and won't do for what I want but they were pro build your own and that's not an option for me. I weigh 270lbs so I'm not light but I'm not unfit either.

Thanks for the help

I put the kit onto a Trek T30 Hybrid, fitted fine and a few thousand KM on it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 142 ✭✭spalpeen

Looking for a bike rec. I want electric, foldable for convenience (eg taking on public transport.) I'm not an avid cyclist but I want to be able to get around Dublin, maybe max 20km trips return but also would like to be able to take it with me on trips to rural areas. Don't really know what else to say

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,161 ✭✭✭leche solara

Have a look at the Kuma F1. Kumabikes.com. There's a video review on YouTube too.

Thanks, I'm reading about it now. I guess it is more expensive than:

due to greater range?

You could get a Fiido from cyclebike.com for about half the price of the Kuma but I think the Kuma is far superior

Seems to be. I've also come across lots of others in my googling, namely legend siena, legend monza, radmini and brompton e bike

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,257 ✭✭✭✭Eoin

When I was looking a few years ago, I decided on one with a mid-drive Bosch engine (Haibike sduro 2) - it cost a bit more than the ones you posted, but I figured it was better than having a cheaper one that I may not actually use. I'd absolutely recommend that motor anyway; loads of torque and well able for the hills. I used it for the exact same commute you're going to do, and I'd get there and back twice on a charge. I know it's not the question you asked, but from memory, spending a little bit more gets you in a much better range of options IMO.

• Registered Users Posts: 111 ✭✭celticWario

Thoughts on this one?

Specs wise it looks like a great belt driven E-Bike for the price.

Is that on sale here or would you be thinking of getting it delivered from Nevada? The range of 20-30 miles is very low and 40 torque kids and low too

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 111 ✭✭celticWario

I'd be importing yeah, the range is a concern but I'd be charging in work so I think I'm ok on that regard, there's also a battery add on, and as for the torque, it's a very light bike.

• Registered Users Posts: 12 Bilbo65

How did the Cube work out for you now that you have had a few months to enjoy it? I looking at something similar but the wait times are awful now, around mid-November for new stock☹️

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,496 ✭✭✭irishgrover

I'll jump in on this. I got a cube nature one 500 last year and love it. Wonderful bike. Have you called around dealers. This is what I did and found one in stock.

• Registered Users Posts: 12 Bilbo65

Thanks, I have been dealing with the LBS. I'm looking for a Touring Hybrid Exec 625 so maybe it's time I cast the net a little wider.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,359 ✭✭✭jon1981

Any Kuma M1 owners in here? Curious what reliability is like as there's not alot of reviews online given they are relatively new. I'm also wondering what parts replacement is like. The battery design looks very bespoke so wondering if replacements would be possible should Kuma seize to exist.

I have a Kuma M1 just over 7 weeks and love it. I've had no trouble whatsoever so far and it's 6 week checkup revealed no problems. I'm getting more than 100km from a battery charge but exactly how many kilometers I'm not sure as I charge the battery when it's down to one bar as I don't want to run out if I'm far from home. To be honest I haven't given a thought to replacement parts, but maybe it's something I should have considered. The quality of the bike is superb and the other Kumas I've seen in the shop also look to be of a high standard. The folding F1 looks really nice. Because of the quality I'm hopeful that the company will thrive and replacement parts won't be a worry.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,359 ✭✭✭jon1981

Sorry, didn't mean to cause any doubt in your mind. I actually test rode one a few weeks back and it felt solid and quality. I'm just thinking down the line because I'll likely be doing 60-70km daily so it will be getting a lot of use!

Anyone know how to calculate the cost of charging batteries?

My electricity bill this month is huge, last summer was 220kWh now it's 339kWh. The only thing that has changed is using a fan more due to the heat (although I sleep with a fan for 2-3 hours most nights all year with minimal cost), my ebike and a robot mower. Maybe solar generation is down although we only have 1.2kW so it doesn't save much off the bills.

Didn't notice a spike in my bill when I got my ebike back in April when charging 2-3 times a week so I'm narrowing it down to the fan or the mower.

The robot mower is 20v, 2.0Ah. One calculator online says it's 75 cent to charge at my unit rate, which would be about €30 a month when used daily.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 477 ✭✭stronglikebull

Power * Time * Unit cost.

For a typical scooter, maybe 250Wh battery, that's 1/4 of a unit to charge. Assuming a unit cost of 20c, then it's 5c per charge, and if you charge 4 times a week that would only use 4 units a month. Your bill is up over 120 units, so unless you charge the scooter 10 times a day, it ain't that.

A rotary fan might be 100W, mine is, so running that 10 hours a day would use 1 unit (0.1kW*10h is 1kWh), and if running every day would use 30 units in a month.

A robot mower might have a 30Wh battery, which is 30 charges to use a single unit. How many times a day does it recharge? I can't see it using more than 10kWh a month, so you still need to account for about 90 units.

Any chance you or a household member are working from home? My nephew lives with me for the last few months, working at home half the week, and electricity usage has gone from 10kWh a day to about 13. That's 90 units a month on my bill anyway. My own laptop is about 200W, if running that for 10 hours a day it would make about 60kWh a month.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,944 ✭✭✭Bigus

Advice please on converting a Road bike to electric.

I have experience in using a Bosch mid drive motor with a 400 wh battery on a hybrid factory build. I can still get 60 to 90 km out of this , even after 5 years, however I want to go a lot further (and back!)

I like mid drive motors but I don’t think my large bottom bracket carbon frame is suitable, along with the drawback of more drag on mid drive than hub motors when above cut out speed or dead battery.

so I think I need a 700 c Rear , hub drive motor and wheel combination , I’m not bothered that a 500 W motor may not be legal.

long distance is my goal , and I’m not overly bothered about looks, so a 1000 wh battery or a lot larger .

id like to have a range of 200km -250km flat.

im not overly cost conscious ( but I won’t be buying an 8k synapse bike) so , it’d be nice to walk into real shop and pick up components in Ireland (or NI)

I’ll go down the eBay.de route, if necessary but I keep getting USA vendors on .de.

Closest I can find is this wheel ,

I’ve yet to pick a battery.

All help appreciated, and I’m not adverse to paying a boardsie a fee for procurement .

https://www.ebay.de/itm/143647137468?_trkparms=aid%3D1110006%26algo%3DHOMESPLICE.SIM%26ao%3D1%26asc%3D233907%26meid%3D9a6e289eed0049a98ae90ea24da46e4e%26pid%3D101195%26rk%3D1%26rkt%3D12%26sd%3D274848975764%26itm%3D143647137468%26pmt%3D1%26noa%3D0%26pg%3D2047675%26algv%3DSimplAMLv9PairwiseWithPLXWeb&_trksid=p2047675.c101195.m1851&amdata=cksum%3A1436471374689a6e289eed0049a98ae90ea24da46e4e%7Cenc%3AAQAGAAACADKJeEsB2hSlHe%252Bu4lDHd1%252FRMIPKJ0lK6k9P%252FTz71JZvERA3YY0kUQy7bdq64w79WEHVugbfhJWRW71f3%252FwReunH4EZR1%252BTUlGJEBkWgsr5OKZtg4IRbmEX507X5FjNloxQsxNl7G%252BieTF3hr1By8pbbwtiiSgjIRydxVGUT%252BpkS96E3zzdQrGIbgr33k2Poy2913sRG4ScciYH3FBXACfinjIUsERCzbOvhEpvsUct6r0mIzcXAdau3T9cNzWy91fCrOFYuOO4bwURiDg%252FF%252F9obhLAD43PV0ifeAsHX3qIbJUON2W%252Fagq4oq%252BBcRy89l52DKWHUzsJZMAV%252F7r8ApAlNZLW2Ya%252FD3bE5wEBNy36v4zMJXbm0ovnk%252ByqVJg5Nc1Nba%252BYMekpj8rcBfRDFQp%252BIB8nlvVl%252Fo3tRRrLjnwJ4bBQzZKNt%252BvL%252F3oxcJGpDunIZBWb5g5odRT4q8n%252B7ilFbMEvpfSd91Q71eW25xtBseNuZHYsQrgHR%252B9vgyedLf3Wzhy55YGvXGissZtWL1K6lX7%252B1hA2fGz2%252BwiGcE57zsfL3apHQgNTDNZFvKlS2iVygjK%252BXHkWXk0Ze28y9B1gBvTNMAWIOA2x1EUzRrRXO%252FkPD856Zf%252FRsnHtuBL2YXxCuMg9XxmUJsNGuKyqdX3nuPTOhhiriXLCkVVsDecAr%7Campid%3APL_CLK%7Cclp%3A2047675

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,153 ✭✭✭Joe1919

It can be done. I bought twice from Yosepower (Germany) with no problems, so here's my suggestion.

Motor 350w 32km/hr 700c rear wheel 36 volt. (Casette version I presume but freewheel version also available)

https://yosepower.com/collections/e-bike-conversion-kit/products/36v-350w-26-27-5-28-rear-motor-kit-for-cassette?variant=34417966153863

Battery. Going on your figures, you will need 1400 watts plus. You may have to consider consider buying two batteries and changing mid way or wiring in parallel e.g. example 2 x 740 w below or batteries of your choice. Some wiring and power connectors may be required.

This setup should come in total around 750 euro. The batteries are heavy (4kg each) so including motor, you could well add an additional 12kg weight to bike.

• Advertisement
Advertisement