Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

General Chat 2021/22

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 19,646 ✭✭✭✭Muahahaha

Is anyone starting the season without Emi Martinez? My current draft has all £100m spent and I cant afford Martinez at 5.5m unless I downgrade Trent to a 5.5m defender. That would allow me to buy Martinez and leave £1m ITB as a cushion. Current GKs are Sanchez and Forster, what to do?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,812 ✭✭✭bantee

Yes, most are going without, too high this year. Downgrade Forster to Foster and Martinez to Pickford?

• Registered Users Posts: 642 ✭✭✭joeyboy11

I think it’s unlikely he’ll hit the dizzy heights of last season - 186 points which was the highest scoring keeper since brad freidel in 2003 I think (heard this on some podcast).

He could get 150/160 points which is about right for his price.

I’m gonna give Sanchez a shot. Best 4.5 IMO

• Registered Users Posts: 7,618 ✭✭✭Dr. Bre

Is foster likely to start ? I am looking for GK starting at 4.

• Registered Users Posts: 62 ✭✭Ninja Avenger

Bachmann is expected to start, Foster only back up.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 397 ✭✭KurtBarlow

Is barnes worth the 0.5m extra over raphina?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,260 ✭✭✭munster87

Woodman at 4.5 is annoying. Probably only play 1 game 🙄

• Registered Users Posts: 1,667 ✭✭✭Klonker

With the opening fixtures he probably is worth the extra 0.5m imo.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,306 ✭✭✭nullObjects

Don't think you'll find a starting 4.0 keeper unless there's an injury between now and the weekend.

Is it for bench boost or you want 2x 4.0 keepers?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,575 ✭✭✭jaykay74

Toney or not Toney, that is the question. Such high ownership, if he flops you'll need to get rid sharpish or else lose a few 0.1s.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,949 ✭✭✭✭GBX

Quick one: Had a years old account, decided to swap it to a more frequent email (Gmail). Reset my password, tried logging in and it wouldn't accept my password using either old or new email. Clicking forgot password gets me nowhere. Nothing has come through from either.

I did however set up a new account using the updated address (gmail with extra dot) and the registration came through ok. Weird that it wont send through a password reset link using the old account. Anybody encounter similar ?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,306 ✭✭✭nullObjects

I could be wrong but I think they use the email to link together the different fpl IDs.

If you want to show your previous season history I'd say you'd be better off contacting their support even though they might take a while to get back to you.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,949 ✭✭✭✭GBX

Its mainly for the previous leagues I was in I would like to get back in. I'll contact them and see how I go.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,305 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Prodston

Is Gilmour the best 4.5 mid option I wonder? Currently have him as my 5th mid

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,294 Mod ✭✭✭✭F1ngers

Normally when I pick my fifth mid I set it to "minutes played" and "4.5"(Bissouma this year), but I'm going with Gilmour this year.

I just need 2/3 points from 5th mid, so if Gilmour doesn't get game time, I'll swap him out when I WC.

Happy to take the risk early doors.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,952 ✭✭✭Morzadec

I would probably go with Bissouma unless you're worried about Brighton spots (which is possible seeing as a lot are going Sanchez/Steele as GKs and as they have some other nicely priced options). From what I've seen of Gilmour he's very much a number 6 type with little involvement up high on the pitch. Bissouma only got one goal last season but he's a bit more of a centre mid and he does have good long shot in him that he'll try on occasion. I'd have Bisoouma as a goodd bit more likelyt o get a 1pt cleany than Gilmour too. Probably much of a muchness though, should be your 3rd sub most weeks

• Registered Users Posts: 9,395 ✭✭✭Shedite27

I like Josh Brownhill. Signed for Burnley this time last year, started deep before playing more advanced towards the end of last season. Takes freekicks for Burnley, and prior to his transfer he scored 5 goals in each of his previous 3 seasons in the Championship. I'm not gonna be playing him every week, but he's my 4.5 mid of choice this year

• Registered Users Posts: 529 ✭✭✭thebronze14

Is De Gea going to be first choice or will it be Henderson?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,672 ✭✭✭dr.kenneth noisewater

Is Raya the 4.5 GK to start with this year? Between him and Sanchez

• Registered Users Posts: 11,238 ✭✭✭✭Father Hernandez

DDG should start as Henderson is recovering from Covid. Up to DDG to lose his spot then.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,238 ✭✭✭✭Father Hernandez

• Registered Users Posts: 16,305 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Prodston

I actually had him in my first draft, but was concerned (without checking statistics) that he wasn't a guaranteed starter? Now I know if he does start then he'll never be dropped, cos Burnley 😂 (I miss the pac so much) So I might resist him again!

Bissouma is certainly worthy of consideration too though! Didn't Brighton sign another keeper though, so those doubling with Steele may get a surprise?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,618 ✭✭✭Dr. Bre

That might not be bad value for Armstrong at 6 mill.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,705 ✭✭✭✭Ace2007

Wonder would he have come in at that price had they bought him before Ings left?

Bit like Ben White - would he have been 4.5m, if Arsenal bought him before the game started.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,516 ✭✭✭✭dsmythy

6.5 is the usual for a big Championship goalscorer. Maybe they felt they couldn't with Toney already priced and having a larger number of goals. Might also be an attempt to break off some Toney ownership.

He's a smaller chap so crossing may not be as much of a thing for Southampton this season.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,646 ✭✭✭✭Muahahaha

yeah youre right, Martinez probably not likely to hit 186 points again this season.

A lot of players seem to be going for Sanchez as their main keeper but Im now thinking spending the extra 0.5m on Mesilier might work out better? Leeds' defence improved a fair bit in the second half of last season, they got hammered 6-2 by United at Christmas but after that things tightened up.

Looking at Mesliers stats he had 11 clean sheets last season but 7 of them came in the second half of the season. If that pattern continues and he managed 14 clean sheets for this season he would finish around the 170 point mark

• Registered Users Posts: 15,549 ✭✭✭✭Fitz*

Milner is expected to start this weekend for Liverpool, but I would say it will be in midfield and not in defence, for any Tsimikas owners.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,516 ✭✭✭✭dsmythy

You're the only one who mentioned him. He's capable of playing both sides and sometimes as a winger too. When the other 4.0's dry up best to watch what Livramento has been up to. Non starter or Lundstram 2.0

• Registered Users Posts: 642 ✭✭✭joeyboy11

Good shout on mesliers, if I was going to spend 5.0 it would be on him. I think he’ll do well on all fronts: clean sheets, saves and bonus

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,952 ✭✭✭Morzadec

Is anyone considering a GW1 BB? I had a pretty disappointing one last year (think it was 10 pts) and always seems a headache trying to get 15 playing players whilst also having the big hitters. It often inteferes with planning later in the season, and pulling it off successfully with several double gameweekers inevitably leaves you short on blanks.

With Tsimikas and Amartey (4.0, nice fixtures) set to start GW1, you can have a nicely balanced squad without investing too much in your bench AND have 15 players with tasty fixtures. I think a 15-20pt BB could be a realistic possibility without leaving yourself hamstrung.

Interested to hear form GW1 BBers in the past.

Advertisement