Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

All Covid-19 measures are permanent, don't be a boiling frog!

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 134 ✭✭Liam32123

My friend, Professor of Microbiology, suggested me today to read this new official study:

Click on the FIGURES/TABLES tab on the right side of the page. That is very informative. Now think about it when you decide to vaccinate a child/teenager

• Registered Users Posts: 777 ✭✭✭machaseh

If you feel that my posts dont belong in this thread, you can report me by using the report button, then the moderator will decide.

I know but that is no reason to assume that glaucoma would worsen any covid symptoms. There has not been found any link between covid and glaucoma.

My check ups went ahead even during lock down as it's an essential check up.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,960 ✭✭✭✭Dohnjoe

What's the conspiracy angle?

Why are you dodging questions?

• Advertisement

At this stage it looks like anyone can post whatever they want.

205 pages now and not a single person has demonstrated what measures will be permanent nor why, anyone?

Okay, so let me give my insights on that.

I think that going forward, not very severe infectuous disease outbreaks will lead to this situation of quasi-obligatory vaccines, vaccine passports etc. going forward. Think of for example a new strain of the normal flu virus. In the past this would have been a footnote in the news 'theres another flu wave', but going foward they will make them flu jabs quasi obligatory, and in some countries which are more authoritarian than EU countries it will be fully obligatory.

Having to show your vaccination status for travel will be permanent. Eventually this information will be combined with existing trave ldocuments (ids passports etc.) .

• Registered Users Posts: 16,631 ✭✭✭✭astrofool

While going a bit off topic, the difference in the authoritarian countries is that they put the consequences onto the individual (albeit quite nasty), so if you refuse, you go to jail, get fired etc.

Western countries try and give people freedom and choice wherever possible but it also means that people avoid the consequences of their decisions.

With you refusing a vaccine, would you also refuse a hospital bed if you develop severe COVID-19 symptoms? Would you be open to paying out damages if you infect someone who can't get vaccinated which caused them severe disease and/or death?

The first thing a lot of the vaccine hesitant and anti-vaxxers ask for when going into hospital with COVID-19 is for the vaccine, but at that point it's too late, but also indicates they didn't understand what they were refusing, at what point does the state give up it's responsibility to people such as yourself? You're risking people with auto-immune diseases every time you go and get your eye medicine, would it be acceptable for them to refuse you service to protect others and their staff?

• Registered Users Posts: 21,005 ✭✭✭✭Ash.J.Williams

The only constant in this whole situation is how aligned the conspiracy theorists/anti vax/whack jobs are on absolute bullsh1t, are they all attending the same meetings or what?

One fella sent me a list of " research" and i politely told him i was too busy to fact check all his sources but i looked at one , if he followed this "professor" from the beginning then all his kids would have polio by now

a. Refuse hospital bed in case of covid 19 infection? No. Just like a smoker does not refuse lung cancer treatment. Or someone who went skiing off-piste does not refuse hospital treatment if they break their leg. Or someone who drank too much does not refuse treatment for alcohol poisoning/emptying their stomach.

b. Pay damages when infecting someone? No, how could they prove I infected them? And if they are so super vulnerable that they cant get vaccinated, why are they going to the pub? They should stay at home then. Because although the chance is lower, even vaccinated people can sometimes spread covid to them. We know that vaccines do not stop transmission of the virus. They just reduce the risk of hospitalization if you contract it, and they slightly reduce transmission.

c. Refuse treatment for my eye condition? No, why would I not have the right for this essential medical treatment?

The fact that you are suggesting that unvaccinated people shouldn\t have the right to essential medical healthcare shows to me that you are a really creepy Mengele type person whom I would never want in my close friends circle. Yikes.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 647 ✭✭✭eddie73

It is reasonable to assume that issues like vaccines will be found here. These topics are related to covid and therefore prevention of covid measures.

I think the title needs to be amended from "all measures will be permanent" to "what measures in your opinion will be permanent"

What measures will be permanent? The vaccine pass will be permanent in my opinion. What evidence do I have for this? Look at travel to other countries in the past and present. You had do show evidence for vaccines for yellow fever, hep B and C etc. You wouldn't have been given a visa if you didn't have proof of these shots. This is most likely to remain in situ. It is a very short jump from this type of vaccine passport to vaccine passports to get into pubs and restaurants. These vaccine passport measures are in situ at the moment and are not hypothetical conspiratorial measures. They are being used as we speak, whether we like this or not.

Right, and will there be something sinister behind it all?

That's the whole implication of anything on this forum, that there's some ulterior nefarious motive.

• Registered Users Posts: 647 ✭✭✭eddie73

It depends how comfortable you are with your personal information being accessable and trackable. Some will feel it is sinister and some will not, for a whole raft of reasons.

Usually because are driven by the same beliefs and often have the same characteristics. It's not a coincidence that 99% of the conspiracy theorists on this forum are either anti-vax or declaring they will not get vaccinated.

The last year and a half has demonstrated not a single conspiracy theorist or Covid denier here can demonstrate any of their claims

Now we're down to "I won't take the vaccine" and "maybe vaccine passports will be around for awhile". Soon it will be "I saw someone wearing a mask the other day, 1984!" :)

• Registered Users Posts: 857 ✭✭✭PintOfView

That research shows that about 10 people per million vaccinated got vaccine related myocarditis, and about 20 per million got vaccine related pericarditis. At between 23 and 28 days later none of those people had died, some had resolved their symptoms, and the remainder were improving.

Now since you claim to follow science, can I leave it to you to research how many people per million who get Covid also get myocarditis, and pericarditis? You might be surprised what you find!! I'll look it up later, when I have time ... but interested to see what you find?

(edited later to add the following ...)

See https://www.newscientist.com/article/mg25133462-800-myocarditis-is-more-common-after-covid-19-infection-than-vaccination/ which seems to be based on the following study https://www.medrxiv.org/content/10.1101/2021.07.23.21260998v1.full.pdf

The conclusions in the report are

Myocarditis (or pericarditis or myopericarditis) from primary COVID19 infection occurred at a rate as high as 450 per million in young males. Young males infected with the virus are up 6 times more likely to develop myocarditis as those who have received the vaccine

So what do you think of that? Your friend, the professor of Microbiology, didn't give you the complete picture. Doesn't this tell you that you need to verify any information you decide to believe!!

And, by the way, I'm prepared to change my views if someone gives me credible reasons, and evidence. Feel free to show me the reasons why you believe what you believe (and not just links to articles on Lifesitenews - like the contradictory one you linked before - but instead to solid research).

Post edited by PintOfView on

• Registered Users Posts: 16,631 ✭✭✭✭astrofool

It's good that you understand the consequences of your decisions, but aren't willing to face those consequences and expect society to help you anyway :)

So why should anyone take your opinions seriously?

• Registered Users Posts: 913 ✭✭✭buzzerxx

Imagine if there was a 99.7% chance you wouldn't get cancer,

but you were forced to go on chemotherapy just incase.

WAKE UP

The bullshit measures will be permanent.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,453 ✭✭✭EyesClosed

Right you can't spread cancer to others can you?

Also what "bullshit measures"?

Conspiracy theorists have been coming to this forum for 13 years now telling people to "wake up", but they can never explain properly or give specifics, what is the difference between you and them?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 913 ✭✭✭buzzerxx

Have you ever noticed that Government has a long history of doing stuff and then many years later people finally wake up and realize what Government did was bad / evil / wrong / unjust / corrupt / dumb / incorrect / ignorant?

It happens over and over and over again.

Thank goodness that will never happen with all this stuff related to COVID, the vaccinations, vaccine passports, and mandates. Right?

Right, so what's your Covid conspiracy specifically?

We have a year and a half of people suggesting Communists, Fascists, Satan, the NWO, you name it. Interesting how they keep disappearing and the "conspiracy" keeps getting tamer and tamer as new posters keep modifying it and distilling it down. How are you different from them?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,235 ✭✭✭lucernarian

I guess no one would seriously consider claiming they have a crystal ball. However, the decision to apply vaccine eligibility to entry to pubs and restaurants (without negative test qualification) is manna from the heavens for the conspiracy theorists and should never have been done, as other major western European leaders have decided for their own countries.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,235 ✭✭✭lucernarian

Given that cancer eventually kills like 1/3 people, I'd argue that premise is inherently useless 😂

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,094 Mod ✭✭✭✭robinph

Your numbers are way off by several decimal places. About 15% of the UK population had caught Covid back in January 2021, significantly more have caught it since then with the new variants circulating.

https://news.sky.com/story/covid-19-15-3-of-englands-population-estimated-to-have-had-coronavirus-by-mid-january-12207328

• Registered Users Posts: 25,234 ✭✭✭✭King Mob

OK. So tell us. What specifically is the government going to do?

Which measures are going to be permanent?

These threads are full of predictions, the posters typically disappear or create new accounts when their scenarios inevitably don't materialise.

We are in the middle of a pandemic which, since one year and a half ago, is killing without any distinction between rich and poor, as allegedly there are no cures except vaccines.

Could you please name all the European politicians who sadly died from Covid?

• Registered Users Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

Here's one:

As you people like to say, "Do your own research".

Any road, I don't think anyone has claimed that there is no difference between rich and poor when it comes to covid. In fact, quite the opposite; most commentators have been pointing out the entire time that different classes of people have much greater exposure than others.

The full extent of this is data which has yet to be developed, but I have no doubt in time it will show deaths and hospitalisations very different between different socioeconomic cohorts. This is in fact the same for virtually every disease. Poor people, for a variety of reasons, die of treatable illness younger and in higher numbers than wealthy people.

Trump is the perfect example. On paper, a deeply unfit and overweight man, contracting covid puts him in a very dodgy position. But what did he have? Access to a private hospital, just for him, as well as every possible drug that could possibly be used to treat him. Unlike your regular pauper in hospital, there was no debate about whether he should get oxygen instead of giving it to a younger person or whether the cost of treating him was worth it. They would have spent billions on his treatment if necessary. If everyone got Trumps elite overlord-level treatment, the death rates would be far lower.

• Advertisement

So, only one???? Aged 94 who died with Covid and not from Covid? (the only proof would be a declaration of the family???)

I agree with many of your points. The cure is out there everywhere, and Trump is an example. But we have to destroy all the human rights we achieved in our history, hence vaccines work much better

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement