Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

21/22 FSA League 2 Signup Thread

2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 502 ✭✭✭duefrine

Chancing my arm here !

If for whatever reason a spot becomes available, I would love to be considered 👍

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 190 ✭✭Paddy_Irishman

I suppose seeing as others are posting looking for spots, I was in the qualifying league and finished roughly top 20 so if there are spots going and you can't fill with the short notice etc. I'm also available 👍.

I don't know how look back at that league table so hopefully Scorpion has that screen shot!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,772 ✭✭✭✭Ace2007

Kind of wondering how Xander10 got a spot in the league so fast, given he wasn't in the top 12, and you were at 6th place out of 12. somehow got through a min 6 players in 3 hours? when players are normally given 24 hours to respond?

I get how the league was set up, but just feel with so little traffic on here, it seems crap that some posters pop their head in once a year and sign up while other posters who might be hear regularly are stuck in the qualifier league - which anyone will tell you is notoriously difficult to get out of - probably a higher standard points wise than maybe league 1/2 winners or even higher. Some posters have sub 100 posters over 5/10 years, and don't offer anything to the boards community.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,507 ✭✭✭✭CSF

That happened as I was informed by Scorpion Sting that there had been an omission in the original list he compiled. I obviously wasn't involved in any of that myself, but Scorpion Sting is someone whose word I'd take quite quickly on something of that nature. Who do you think wasn't given 24 hours to respond? The extra place came up because dr.kenneth noisewater left League 2 this morning to take the final spot in League 1.

I get your other complaints, but in practical terms, how can I actually do anything about that while also trying to manage the absolute sh*tstorm that was sorting out signups this year?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 42,148 ✭✭✭✭Scorpion Sting

Yeah just to follow up on that I was PMed by Xander10 who let me know of an issue and how he should have been on the original list so that was rectified this morning.

• Advertisement

It was just that you said he wasn't on the list of 12 back up's and then 3 hours later he was PM'd, just seemed very odd, but if it was an omission that's fair enough. Perhaps would have been an idea to say that in the thread originally as i'm sure i wasn't the only one thinking how did he get in.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 190 ✭✭Paddy_Irishman

I find it a little insulting for you to make comments like the above, as if because you have over 10k posts you are more entitled to enter into a league which myself and others have battled for years to try get out of. Or that by simply posting more posts in whatever form or threads, not even fantasy football, that you'd be a more deserving member of a free to enter league that is basically just for the competition sakes of fantasy football 🤣.

Just because people don't post in every thread or make a comment whenever they can doesn't make them less of a community forum user. Threads and discussions are there to be read, if every person who read a thread posted, you'd be buried in inane drivel with replies for the sake of replies.

There are many posters here in the fantasy football forum I'd recognize their name and before I start reading the comment I know what they are gonna say because it's what I'm thinking and reply to stuff the way I would have 2.

So let that stoke your fire to play extra well this year and get in the top 3 so you are out of the dregs with us 😈😂.

To be honest, given the amount of work in turning around something that was very close to being abandoned (and you'll have probably seen that there has been numerous sets of additional PMs required to fill each league, more than has ever been the case), I've definitely not been feeling like i had to explain/justify my every step, or that I'm 'answerable to the people'.

If people legitimately thought that there was something underhanded/not above board at play, they're probably not people I would be eager to have in my various leagues.

You might take offence but i wasn't directing it towards anyone as such, you yourself commented above stating that you would like to be in league 2, so not really sure how or why you offended given your not in any of the leagues in the first place?

Even some of the leagues themselves there is little chat in them, it's like sign up, and that's it - no craic, unless it's regularly posters that saying oh i'm playing x this week and it's close game. I would say there was less than 20 posts in the whole of last season in say League 2. You compare that to the LMS which is generally made up of active users - there are posts and thanks in that on a weekly basis and it's great craic - over a 1,000 posts last season. 50 times as many posts - that tells the story really imo.

I reckon that if a handful of poster here stopped posting that this forum would die within weeks, and then what would all those that just read do? if CSF didn't take over the leagues - would they have survived? There are other leagues/cups that a poster running it wants to hand the reigns over to someone else - but how many volunteer?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,110 ✭✭✭Xander10

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 62 ✭✭Ninja Avenger

Is there a qualifying league this year?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,010 ✭✭✭✭Fitz*

I'm also still stuck in that qualifying league if it gets going. My team only tried to enter the league system last season, but still stuck at the first hurdle

Less than 48 hrs to go to get league set up

The league will be set up before the season starts, but people will have until August 31st to join up as usual.

Great thanks 👍

Full list of entrants and team IDs for the records

Tailgunner - 815256

Markx - 945275

cdev - 110574

Copper_pipe - 44180

loadwire - 687918

Green&Red - 42005

FastFullBack - 1787235

Shedite27 - 164985