Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dublin Airport - What's it like now?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 591 ✭✭✭Garlinge

Is ir far from T2 departures to Marquette in T1?

It is a good 10 minute walk via a corridor airside.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,004 ✭✭✭Pat Dunne

Because, this is Ireland. Enough laws to drown in, with zero enforcement and minimal adherence.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,422 ✭✭✭✭ArmaniJeanss

Is the smoking area in T1 still open?

The Garden Terrace (i.e. the bar you walk through to get to is) is open so presumably so.

• Registered Users Posts: 129 ✭✭IrishGaz

Is duty free open for shopping in T2 ?

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 51,688 Mod ✭✭✭✭Stheno

Yes but you've to queue and no drinks in the smoking area

• Registered Users Posts: 620 ✭✭✭niallo32

• Registered Users Posts: 444 ✭✭RCK1

Does anyone know if the coffce shop security, in T2 open? And are non passengers allowed into the terminal buildings to see people off or greet arrivals? Cheers

• Registered Users Posts: 591 ✭✭✭Garlinge

I came thru airport yesterday and no check at door for entry....( In June, you had to show boarding pass to enter.) Bit more of a buzz about the place, more people travelling and a few additional units open. There was even a Q for Butlers in T1. I got aircoach from south co Dublin (service now every 30 minutes) but it only goes as far as T2, no police check on approach road/ramp. Plane to UK was near full. Nice perk that I did not notice/bother with on last trip is the duty free for UK travel. No water dispensers to fill up your own bottle. New (?) Starbucks where there used to be a fancy champagne/food place near start of long walk to Ryanair gates. Plenty of seating around there and less at Butlers

• Registered Users Posts: 10,117 ✭✭✭✭Caranica

You are not supposed to be in the terminal if you're not flying. There are designated meeting points for both terminals. This isn't stopping some people of course 🙄

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,162 ✭✭✭MANUTD99

Has anybody used the T1 Lounge recently ? How is it ?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,193 ✭✭✭PaulieC

Flew out of T1 last wednesday. Luckily arrived with time to space as the queue to get to the security scanners was about 30 minutes. Most of the scanners were closed, this at 6pm. T1 is generally more active than T1 with all or most outlets open.

A couple weeks ago, left through T2. Man that was depressing. Nothing open except a coffee stand.

Anyone know why the taxi rank is still closed at T2 ? It was mayhem there on Saturday night when I went out to collect a relative. Lots of holidaymakers returning to find they were stuck there as no taxis and no buses.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,524 ✭✭✭cgcsb

Seems Ryanair has come out on top from the pandemic. Full planes operating on nearly full schedules. Other airlines slashed their schedules and list of destinations during the pandemic and now it seems can't or won't restart them competitively.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,062 ✭✭✭afatbollix

Used it a couple of weeks ago, FYI BA canceled the contract with them so it's empty. Small amount of food, Bar still there but I was there early morning so didn't have a drink only a coffee. If you're paying it's not worth it as the airport is so quiet.

• Registered Users Posts: 28 Crunchie77

Is Burger King or the Slaney Inn open for food in T2? Have two young kids so would prefer to avoid walking to T1 if possible.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,337 ✭✭✭CH3OH

Burger King open as normal

Delays this morning at security

RTE news : Airport apologises for delays at security screening

http://www.rte.ie/news/2021/0829/1243465-dublin-airport-delays/

Anyone know what the issue was this morning?

Went through T2 on Wednesday fast track security in five minutes. Flying early in the morning and don't want to take any chances..

• Registered Users Posts: 5,978 ✭✭✭DoctorEdgeWild

Just gone through security here and it was straight through with zero delays. Got a text to say up to three hour wait time but everything clear as of this moment.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,624 ✭✭✭votecounts

was reading they only had 4 out of 17 desks open, joke of an airport. Hopefully this means it won't happen again due to being highlighted.

Thanks folks, hopefully it was a once off and they're shamed into opening more

• Advertisement

For info, I was through fast track T2 in two minutes this morning and security seemed very proactive

• Registered Users Posts: 743 ✭✭✭Messi19

If the queue for security in T1 seems bad then just go through in T2 instead, vice versa

What T1 like around 430am on a week day anyone know?

Quiet I presume? Would you be safe enough rocking up to fast track security at 5am for a 555am flight ?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,117 ✭✭✭✭Caranica

I wouldn't risk it on a Monday or Friday but midweek you might be ok. 5-7am traditionally is the busiest time in the airport.

• Registered Users Posts: 325 ✭✭mickey15ie

How are you getting the fast track access? I tried to buy online but it is saying unavailable.

• Registered Users Posts: 49 SimplyBlue

In T1 there was a tablet by Ryanair self check in station for the bags and one by the fast track lane itself where you could purchase it

Flew through T2 a couple of days ago and none of the upstairs open, nor any retail other than the Guinness / gift store and WH Smiths (and obviously duty free). But still pretty quiet I guess. Was post work, 6.30pm flight, and only 2 security lanes open, but only ten minutes to get through security in the normal lane (not fast track).

Is an altogether different (and more pleasant experience) than T1 and it's Aerlingus to heathrow every time for me now rather than Ryanair to Gatwick

Do they let you go through security in T2 and walk to T1 airside if you have a T1 boarding pass? Would be a much nicer experience

• Registered Users Posts: 743 ✭✭✭Messi19

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 39 irishhombre

i can see school trips to airports in the future, been a while since many have been through one.

Advertisement