Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Online Jersey stores continued

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,292 ✭✭✭phobia2011

Had items stopped at customs, tracking says they will be returned to sender, what a pain in the balls.

• Registered Users Posts: 252 ✭✭Smurts

How do you make a payment on the shoot website? It says you need to contact them via WhatsApp, is this correct?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,682 ✭✭✭OmegaGene

place the order then message them on WhatsApp with your order number and ask for an invoice

The internet isn’t for everyone

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,417 ✭✭✭.G.

So it's being returned to sender by customs as the customs information supplied by Sandy is insufficient for them to process it.

Whatever that means.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,933 ✭✭✭Blanco100

Usually they will contact you (the courier either FedEx or DHL) to ask you for details in relation to correct valuation. I'm presuming Sandys valuation on the packet is suspected as being too low going by weight?

Had something similar with another seller, was in constant dialogue with FedEx about it, 2 things happened they suspected the valuation was too low compared to package weight. Customs asked FedEx to get me to confirm correct value for which they accepted my PayPal statement showing payment amount.

It was also pulled for an inspection but wasn't seized, I just eventually got a bill for slightly higher customs duty, which FedEx paid to release it, and I reimbursed them a couple of weeks later. Package moved very quickly to Dublin mind, but then sat with customs 2-3 weeks which was annoying.

Its happened with my last 2 orders now, so its not a once off anymore, customs are actively looking for this stuff, alot more is getting seized/inspected/sent back.

Not really fair on seller as we all know the deal, but i've heard cases where folks who have stuff seized challenge the payment on paypal for non receipt of goods. Its a bit of a d*ck move though.

• Advertisement

They didn't go Into details as to the actual reason why. Just said it was sent back by customs as it didn't have the correct information on it.

I deliberately asked her to send it by slow mail on the off chance it might get through without charges as I figured An Post are snowed under. The one and only time I used fast shipping, which was before brexit, I get hit with a 45 quid bill by DHL for "administration fees". These couriers it seems can apply whatever charge they like on top of the customs and vat fees. Wanted to avoid that.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,208 ✭✭✭✭StringerBell

What's the opinions on DH Gate folks?

"People say ‘go with the flow’ but do you know what goes with the flow? Dead fish."

• Registered Users Posts: 2,353 ✭✭✭Cotts72

Ordered through sandy last weekend...not optimistic after reading these posts haha

Customs are not as busy with less planes in the air so chances if gear getting stopped is a little higher but you will mostly hear about things getting stopped around her, very rarely will someone come to say they got an order through okay

i got 2 orders €100 and €50 if a value through last month without any customs involvement

Well now I'm totally confused. Having been sent to London it's now back in Dublin again, has been sorted again and is "out for delivery" which it can't be cos its Sunday!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,753 ✭✭✭✭beakerjoe

Which delivery carrier did she use? Who you using to track it?

It was slow postage so China Post and then An Post when it got here. I used 17track and the An Post website. They both say the same thing.

I contacted An Post customer service when it got sent to London and they told me it was rejected by customs and was on its way back to China!

Delivered today no extra charges. She had a ridiculously low value of it and it still didn't arouse suspicion apparently.

Good stuff Omega. She gave me 2 order numbers for 6 shirts but Ive no idea who to track them with.

Awesome. SF Express has collected them so hopefully see them in nect 2 weeks.

Just to advise anyone buying from Sandy. If you buy the player fit versions I'd go a size up than your usual if I was you. I got Liverpool home and away in my normal large and really they're a medium at best. First time it's happened with Sandy but also first time she's been doing the player fit versions. Quality is fine, sizing is not.

If anyone in Dublin is interested in taking these two off me pm me

EDIT:- gone.

Post edited by .G. on

player fit are always tighter than normal, more like a second skin with no give

Its always been the way, always go a size up and player fit shirts are always a bit tighter luke its painted on. Id only get one if your ridiculously in shape.

Looking at the player fit ones on the actual players and they weren't tight at all. Certainly a cleaner cut but not stuck to them like these are on me and I'm not well built 😁

• Advertisement

Thats because some players like them loose and go a size higher.

Which is what I'm advising people to do!

They aren't just a tighter fit though, comparing to my other large jerseys they're shorter in length too and sleeves are shorter. So all round smaller than usual. Width wise to be expected. The rest, not so much.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 762 ✭✭✭finno

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 762 ✭✭✭finno

thanks .G. they fit a bit tight but not to bad

No bother mate. You can imagine how tight they were on me 😂

• Registered Users Posts: 213 ✭✭petejmk

How long in total were you waiting? Has anyone else had this experience? I'm waiting on one jersey from Sandy; it got here within a week but it's been in the sorting office for 8 days and An Post just said it's being returned to sender because of incomplete customs information.

Take that with a pinch of salt.

Mine was shipped 16/7 arrived in Ireland on 29th and was sorted same day, it's status didn't change after that until 4/8 when it was somehow after being sent to London and they told me it was being returned to sender for the same thing you've been told but that didn't happen.

It arrived back into Ireland on 6/8 and was delivered on 9/8.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,399 ✭✭✭xtal191

Its great, I've used them the last few years just make sure you find a seller with a lot of transactions and a good rating

Thanks for that, I have never used them before so unsure of the process and sizing etc. Have you ordered since Brexit/Covid? I hear Irish customs and An Post are being more vigilant with items coming in at the moment so interested to know if theres any issues with these.

"People say ‘go with the flow’ but do you know what goes with the flow? Dead fish."

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,399 ✭✭✭xtal191

Nah I actually haven't ordered anything since brexit and used to use Parcel Motel when ordering. As for sizing I only ever get the player versions and always order a size up and they fit perfectly.

Might give it a go with a small test order so and see how we go cheers

Do String, Ive used Sandy for 4 years now, never an issue from her end.

Do a small test first, go at least 1 size up and see how you go. Any questions, just ask.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 531 ✭✭✭raddo

Order from Shoot is out for delivery today. Exactly 3 weeks from payment to delivery. Happy with that.

Sorry I must have missed something, who is sandy?

Honestly I dont know. Ha.

Basically Jersey Store in Thailand, you screenshot your shirts and provide sizes etc and whatsapp them to this number.

Pay via paypal and wait approx 2 weeks for shirts for about 15 quid each

• Advertisement

Can just place the order on her website and then WhatsApp her the order number for a PayPal invoice.

Would you mind providing a link to the website or WhatsApp and I'll take a look please?

http://www.sandycn.net/

once you've an order placed the option to WhatsApp is there.

• Registered Users Posts: 170 ✭✭Wolftown

Has anyone managed to get a decent Man U away jersey? I've ordered bits from Sandy before and been very happy, but the material on the new away jersey looks a bit off on the website.

Would appreciate any tips on where to get a good one!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,916 ✭✭✭Brian017

What is a “safe” amount to order in regards to customs?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,150 ✭✭✭cavan4sam

Anyone have their order returned by an post customs

This is what I got from an post today

Hi.... this item has been processed to be returned to sender. The customs declaration which was provided electronically was insufficient. As we cannot amend or rectify any electronic customs data, the item must be returned as a result. Please refer to the sender to arrange for the item to be re-issued with the correct customs information (as per the changes introduced on 1st July) once it arrives back in the country of origin . This is beyond our control as customs and excise are a separate entity to An Post.  

I am sorry I cannot offer you a more favourable reply today. – Carla

• Registered Users Posts: 213 ✭✭petejmk

That's pretty much word for word what I got from An Post last week when I queried why a package (one jersey from Sandy) wad sitting in the sorting office since the 4th. No sign of it being returned yet. Tracking says it's still there.

Shoot have offered to send the order again... Is there any point in this or are we just unlucky this time round

Of course there is a point, avoiding customs with fake gear is always a risk but it’s a risk worth taking if you don’t want to pay silly money for kits

Seller I have used told me customs never send the gear back to them. And if they attempt to contact the seller the seller usually doesn't play ball so it ends up being destroyed.

• Registered Users Posts: 19 kavo89

Hi, just wondering what people general experience has been with customs/An Post since new VAT rules came in. Normally order from shoot, and having talked to them they have not signed up to collecting VAT at checkout. Are people seeing more of their orders not arriving or been sent back?

What has people experience been with paying the VAT with An Post. €3.50 admin fee is a killer.

Its hit and hope but Id say youve an 90 percent of getting it delivered safe.

I told her to send them on again

I've been nabbed for customs a few times but never had them sent back

Customs stoppage is so much more common than people are letting on these days, the day of 90% of your items slipping through are gone, I'd say it's more 60% chance now.

And if it's DHL or FedEx looking for the customs charges (FedEx will pay them on your behalf and send you bill later) my guess is they will always look for these charges off you for future orders if they have your address.

My last 3 orders have all attracted customs charges.

The last order sat with customs for 2 weeks, who insisted the paperwork was insufficient. When it was finally released (after providing proof of true value) Fed Ex wanted full value customs duty/taxes.

Love buying stuff from these sellers but it's getting very expensive now, and big chance you won't get the goods at all.

• Advertisement
Advertisement