Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

EU Digital/paper! Certs, the Megathread - threadbans in OP

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,497 ✭✭✭beachhead

• Registered Users Posts: 31,921 ✭✭✭✭Mars Bar

I know. I have one from the Middle East and it was seemless.

• Registered Users Posts: 798 ✭✭✭Midnight Sundance

How long is the wait on the certificate phone line? I was on about 50mins yesterday and gave up.

I have the card from my doctor and it says on the phone that that should be sufficient for eating out.

I don't plan on going abroad. So should I bother getting the Digital one? When I put my details into the online checker it tells me to call the Helpline, they don't have all my details correct or something like that. I dont see the point wasting hours waiting on a phone if the doctors card is enough... or can places refuse it ??

• Registered Users Posts: 2,658 ✭✭✭Nermal

I have the Italian app, and it appears to pay no attention whatsoever to the date of one's vaccinations - once you've got them, you immediately scan as valid.

Far too much of this scheme was left to national authorities. This was one time the EU should have assumed more authority and implemented a single standard.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,623 ✭✭✭Gamer Bhoy 89

Lads, I've been on hold for an hour. The line has just started telling me "the minimum wait time is over 90mins"

Is that 90mins from the moment I dialled, or 90mins from now? If it's the latter then I'm hanging up. I should not have to do this, I have things to do. This is a complete lack of consideration for people's time.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,186 ✭✭✭goingnowhere

Thus far French, Italian, Danish, Luxembourg work for me at +7 days

I can report further tomorrow when I cross +14 days, Portugal one looks promising as its telling me its not yet +14 days

Post edited by goingnowhere on

• Registered Users Posts: 18,014 ✭✭✭✭paulie21

I got my cert on Saturday. My DOB was wrong so filled out make a change form on Gov.ie. Has anybody else had to do this and how long did it take for new one to be sent?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,638 ✭✭✭Qrt

So far I’ve tried Dutch and Swiss, no joy.

but I tried the French, Italian, Danish and Luxembourgish apps and they work grand

• Registered Users Posts: 1,638 ✭✭✭Qrt

Okay I’m trying the Austrian one… keeps saying invalid even though I’m three weeks post second dose. Anybody else able to use it?

https://qr.gv.at/

I get 'lhr Zertifikat ist zeitlich abgelaufen' which is your certificate has expired. The Austrians have some strange rules, 21 days if I recall correctly for J&J

Post edited by goingnowhere on

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,089 ✭✭✭andrew1977

I was out in company with some friends last Friday who only had the small card issued at time of vaccination, one restaurant accepted it no problem, visited a couple of pubs after the restaurant, 1 place declined allowing them drink indoors with the rest of us who had the digital cer,t which the barman /door person scanned at the door of the premises and allowed us to enter the premises.

• Registered Users Posts: 709 ✭✭✭wowy

Quick q here - I've a valid vaccination cert, in that I'm 7 days post 2nd Pfizer. When I scan the QR code it now it says it's valid, but there's no green tick. Similarly for my wife, she's still within the 7 days so it says it's invalid but there's no red tick.

I've tried it on my Huawei P20 Pro, her OnePlus 6T and my Dad's OnePlus 3 and got the same result each time.

It is valid, but if the default assumption in places becomes that Green Tick is needed for proof, then it might become a problem.

Anyone else have this issue?

• Registered Users Posts: 29 kelso00

I don't know how it works but I heard "90 mins" message repeatedly for 2 or 3 hours and suddenly somebody answered. This happened twice to me actually.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,338 ✭✭✭Bit cynical

@MadsFi wrote:

"I saw on Twitter that TDs have access to a special HSE resolver team so I've emailed my local reps and one has responded already and is on the case."

This is very depressing if true. A bit like the special passport service that TDs have access to (or used to) on behalf of their constituents whereby they speed up passport applications. It means that bad service from the HSE is an advantage to the TD who gets to do a favour for a constituent.

I can confirm the Portuguese app works with Irish DCC's (must be +14 days)

• Registered Users Posts: 16 Eims5769

Got second vaccine yesterday, and no cert yet. Checked on the online checker and it says missing info. Has anyone received theirs a few days after the vaccine in this situation or will I just have to take the hit and ring the helpline and wait for several hours? I also note the option of 'if you have not received the cert and it has been 5 days since your vaccine', so is there no point ringing until the 5 days is up?

• Registered Users Posts: 359 ✭✭Sam W

Yes it will say missing info for a few days. Wait at least 5 days before calling them.

• Registered Users Posts: 986 ✭✭✭Prominent_Dawg

Can anyone tell me how I add my digital covid cert to apple wallet I've tried https://covid19passbook.netlify.app/ but isn't working for me, will let me add to covid app but don't want the app on my phone

• Registered Users Posts: 15,269 ✭✭✭✭stephenjmcd

App is the easiest to be perfectly honest. It just sits there, not like its any extra burden.

Theres plenty of other apps such as green pass, presuming it's available on apple.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,807 ✭✭✭hynesie08

Add to the covid app, screenshot, delete covid app.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,798 ✭✭✭✭Goldengirl

Can I ask what is the difference doing this or just taking a picture of it ? Not techie so I realise the answer may be completely obvious .

Meanwhile ..

Still ringing the helpline every few days when I get time to sit on the phone for my husband's dcc .

Vaccinated by GP nearly 3 months ago now but nothing in the post ( or email although did not expect him to get it that way . )

We postponed our holiday earlier in the month but are going now in September , and it is such a pain in the axxe ., this bloody un - helpline :(

Whether TDs can access a special emergency line or not I will be contacting mine to complain about this totally sxxx service !

What a way to end a completely successful vaccination campaign by pissing people off with this bureaucracy 😠

Sorry for the rant everybody .

• Registered Users Posts: 9,807 ✭✭✭hynesie08

@Goldengirl Can I ask what is the difference doing this or just taking a picture of it ?

Photos of qr codes never seem to scan in my experience, but it could work.

OK, thanks.

They must have heard my rant. Phone just answered there and managed to get oh's details sorted.

A lot of important info that my husband actually witnessed being inputted by GP before his jabs, was missing.

They have to verify with the GP we were told by a very nice person on the helpline that following that the cert would be in the post.

Contacted GP who is spitting feathers now, as about a quarter ( randomly) of his vulnerable patients have no certs because of whatever glitch happened on the system and most would be elderly and less able to navigate the system than us.

Now all we have to do is wait for the cert....

• Registered Users Posts: 3,857 ✭✭✭Polar101

Might take a while, I had my vaccine on a Tuesday and didn't get the cert until Saturday (~3.5 days later).

• Registered Users Posts: 11,647 ✭✭✭✭El Weirdo

I wouldn't celebrate just yet.

I got my 2nd dose on 11th June from the GP. Was expecting my cert in the post but nothing arrived. Got through to the helpline on 31st July and apparently they didn't have all my details. Gave them everything they asked for and emailed a photo of my passport to them and got a reply to say I'd have it in 5 days.

6 days pass and still no sign of it. Get through to the helpline on Tuesday and they say they can see my case in the system and the delay might be down to the bank holiday. Tell me to give it another couple of days and it should appear in my email.

Nothing.

• Registered Users Posts: 16 Eims5769

Thanks for the help all. I totally jumped the gun, and cert has now arrived

• Registered Users Posts: 359 ✭✭Sam W

There's no difference between a screenshot and an app (and a printout for that matters).

However, screenshot/image isn't the best idea - as time passes, it would take you more and more time to find where the picture is. There are quite a few apps that allows you to add the QR code to your app or wallet or watch. There's also issues with resolutions on some of the phones where a screenshot isn't clear enough for the code to be recognised.

I can now open my QR code by just double-pressing the power button on my phone and on my watch, instead of having to unlock the phone first, open my albums, scroll through a million tiny thumbnails and find the correct picture.

Btw, if you got it from your GP and it has been weeks, contact your GP first and make sure they have everything correct (and that they have submitted it to the correct department for the certificate to be issued). It's more likely that they either didn't send it or had the wrong address/name/DOB/PPSN that results in the file being automatically rejected.

• Registered Users Posts: 160 ✭✭Champagne Sally

I eventually got my cert in the post this week GG and status on the website had been saying missing info etc, call them. So I had to do nothing in the end and it arrived. Hopefully your hubbies will be with you soon.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 47 a-non

Has anyone travelled with a middle name on their passport but only first and last name on their covid cert?

Advertisement