Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Just bugs / missing functionality reports - no griping

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,964 ✭✭✭✭GBX

Not sure if its a bug. But get a notification of a new post in a thread. Click on the thread but still have to mark the notification as read ? Surely viewing the thread would deem it to be seen?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,251 ✭✭✭KeRbDoG

On Chrome and Firefox on a Mac, forum navigation seems mostly hidden by bad page design;

Ah already pointed out today;

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/comment/117737415#Comment_117737415

I feel that the new version is making me work a little too hard to find the forums I want to view which is a shame

• Registered Users Posts: 6,489 ✭✭✭Damien360

Mobile using chrome on iOS. Select my icon, press star, it won’t show my thread list. Refreshed many times, not working at all. Previously was 1 in 5 times failure.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,325 ✭✭✭iLikeWaffles

2 issues with this:

The top box regional, talk to etc... (nav-area) is pushing everything down.

.nav-area {
      position: fixed;
      height: 30px; /* ←  ← */
      width: 100%;
      background: #4f6a9f;
      border-bottom: 1px solid #637faf;
      top: 0;
      z-index: 100;
    }

The theme header also has the wrong height

#titleBar {
      position: inherit;
      width: 100%;
      top: 30px; /* should be 20px */
    }

If I recall the way this used to be was when you were at the top of the page "nav-area" would show but as you scroll down the nav-area disappears. Leaving either no header at all, if that setting is on in your profile, or sticky'ing the header and the breadcrumbs.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,466 ✭✭✭Gloomtastic!

Mobile site looking really good with the bold titles for unread threads. We’re getting there! 🙏🤞🙏🤞🙏🤞

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 697 ✭✭✭PaulT21

In fairness, this issue seems to be resolved again. Thanks to whoever sorted it out

😀

• Registered Users Posts: 17,998 ✭✭✭✭VinLieger

The search function simply does not work in comparison to the old site, ive tried using every keyword and function of the new search and it yields zero correct results, its baffling how theres no way to limit a search to sub forums and theres also no way to simply view all my posts which for me would be the next easiest way to find a thread whose name i cannot remember.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,335 ✭✭✭✭HeidiHeidi

If you're on the mobile/touch site - click on your avatar / view your profile / scroll all the way down / Comments - that's all your recent posts.

I'm fairly sure there's a way to do it on the desktop as well, but I'm so flipping bamboozled by the differences between the two sites, I just cannot recall now (maybe there isn't!)

Thanks yup thats there on the mobile site but like you say no obvious similar functiuonality exists on the desktop version which again is baffling. I ended up just using google with the same keywords i had tried on boards search function along with the name of the sub forum i knew the thread was in to find what I was looking for which is pretty ridiculous to be honest.

• Registered Users Posts: 62 ✭✭peek a boo

I’m lost. On my mobile, I used to go into my profile to find my posts. Now, when I click the circle with the person in it, nothing happens. How do I find my posts?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,632 ✭✭✭✭28064212

You can see all your comments here: https://boards.ie/profile/comments/

Frustratingly, that doesn't include threads that you started. For those, you have to go here: https://www.boards.ie/profile/discussions/

Boardsie Enhancement Suite - a browser extension to make using Boards on desktop a better experience (includes full-width display, keyboard shortcuts, dark mode, and more). Now available through your browser's extension store.

Firefox: https://addons.mozilla.org/addon/boardsie-enhancement-suite/

Chrome/Edge/Opera: https://chromewebstore.google.com/detail/boardsie-enhancement-suit/bbgnmnfagihoohjkofdnofcfmkpdmmce

Thanks but again there is no simple way to search this list, the old system allowed you to see all your posts and then search within that. Unless im missing something very obvious this is another serious downgrade?

• Registered Users Posts: 16,133 ✭✭✭✭iamwhoiam

Same for me . The little star icon which led me to my threads is now doing nothing

• Registered Users Posts: 62 ✭✭peek a boo

I’m glad it’s not just me! When I tried to click on my notification, my big fat finger sent the page bananas.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,381 Mod ✭✭✭✭Andrew76

Yeah that user profile bar with the icons is broken now on mobile - bookmarks and user profile icons do nothing, notifications and conversations look like they are trying to show a popup but it's hidden behind the main page.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,276 ✭✭✭archfi

Mine has had no problems, Android/Ungoogled Chromium.

As a test, I've also signed out, cleared cache, powered off/on and signed back into site on mobile and it's working no problem.

The issue is never the issue; the issue is always the revolution.

The Entryism process: 1) Demand access; 2) Demand accommodation; 3) Demand a seat at the table; 4) Demand to run the table; 5) Demand to run the institution; 6) Run the institution to produce more activists and policy until they run it into the ground.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,335 ✭✭✭✭HeidiHeidi

All working fine for me as well, on touch site/android/chrome

Post edited by HeidiHeidi on

• Registered Users Posts: 1,454 ✭✭✭rodge123

None of the buttons in drop down bar work for me either, used to occasionally happen but happening every time now.

IPhone safarai.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,193 ✭✭✭mossie

Top bar working fine for me on android / edge.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,652 ✭✭✭✭joujoujou
    Unregistered Users

Still no attachments from the good old boards are being accessible.

And images attached now are being resized to ridiculously small (~500px wide) resolution, rendering most of them totally unreadable.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 34,838 ✭✭✭✭Hotblack Desiato

Having the titles of read threads no longer in bold is vital - makes a massive difference.

+1 on the attachments, a massive shame the old ones were lost and renders a lot of threads which were a great source of information useless. You can always start a new memes thread but some guy who restored his car or motorbike, built a shed, or whatever is hardly going to upload the pictures again showing what they did just because Boards threw them out.

Also it's rather pointless having thousands of emojis when they're so small it's impossible to tell what they are.

Fingal County Council are certainly not competent to be making decisions about the most important piece of infrastructure on the island. They need to stick to badly designed cycle lanes and deciding on whether Mrs Murphy can have her kitchen extension.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,125 ✭✭✭✭How Soon Is Now

Can't do anything cause the way IT have the computer setup.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,309 ✭✭✭✭wotzgoingon

I cannot create a new thread in any forum as the button to create one is not showing for me.

Do you have any custom scripts enabled? You should have the below button beside the page numbers.

I did try out those ones in After hours but I thought I got rid of them. Unless something has messed up since then.

I reckon you have some custom CSS still being applied that's hiding it. Have a look at your extensions (if using Chrome?) and see if there's anything there you can disable. 🙂

• Registered Users Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

Are subbed forums coming back ?

I miss certain forums because I couldnt be arsed spending 5 minutes finding them.

I looked and there is nothing there so I do not know how they are still enabled I even cleared cache and storage just to be sure still the same.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,913 ✭✭✭hitemfrank

Using the touch site, the catagory drop down button does nothing for me. Which is a real pain as its expanded and I can't get it to minimise anymore. Makes going to groups a scroll fest.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,193 ✭✭✭mossie

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.

Advertisement