Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

WWE Spring Cleaning 2021 - Braun Strowman, Aliester Black, Buddy Murphy & More

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 54,208 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

isnt Tyler Rust in a faction on NXT at the moment, so an ongoing story but yet he gets released

• Registered Users Posts: 5,180 ✭✭✭The White Wolf

Mercedes Martinez stood out to me in the MYC and I always felt she should have been fast tracked to the main roster. She was that good and could play a character that the women's division doesn't really have, even now.

It's just a bizarre round of cuts. Reed just off a North American title run. Leon Rough was tweeting just two weeks ago about how much the opportunity meant to him. Tyler Rust and Bobby Fish involved in a new faction/feud that looks dead in the water.

It feels like in some respects that those in charge are no longer the ones with the mind for the business.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,118 ✭✭✭ThePott

Yeah I think Diamond Mine is now not really a faction, it's a tag team with Malcolm Bivens as a manager. The other guy Hideki Suzuki is barely even established on NXT TV and think he was mainly meant to be a coach in NXT so I think that's the end of Diamond Mine really unless they start hiring new people. Wonder if Roderick Strong will even be in WWE much longer at this rate.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,045 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

As someone pointed out Diamond Mine was meant to have 2 others that were released in previous cuts and now Rust.

For Mercedes, Vince probably wasn't impressed with her not wanting to stay on the main roster when she was part of Retribution and talking publicly about her reasons.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,191 ✭✭✭✭B.A._Baracus

Appears WWE is trimming the fat. I don't mean that in a disrespectful or rude way to the aforementioned wrestlers too, but clearly wwe are cleaning house lately and if they think you are dead weight you're gone..

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 39,878 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

I think it’s an over correction for a few years of not cutting anyone post mania and survivor series and then there was the pandemic which probably pushed out planned releases. That’s just my opinion and the only issue I have is when they did it because for a company that tries to have the best optics, they missed the boat this time. And no AEW hasn’t had to do this yet and may not for a while but let’s not pretend they won’t ever do it. They are bringing in some heavy hitters who aren’t cheap, but hopefully they have learned from WCW on how not to spend money like drunken sailors.

Just watched 205 and Ruff and Sterling were both on it. Even referred to Sterling as "exciting young newcomer"

• Registered Users Posts: 60,559 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Reed was quick to put his name out I think NJPW would be perfect for him.

• Registered Users Posts: 48,990 ✭✭✭✭Lithium93_

Plus isn't Reed based in Australia, so NJPW would be absolutely perfect.

I had no idea that Bobby Fish is 45 in October!

I've seen people calling for AEW to sign him but no way I would with his age and injury history.

• Advertisement

The Mat Men saying they are hearing there are more releases coming soon.

It shows how much stock piling the WWE were doing with 50 wrestlers released since April.

Mox really started a trend with vignettes by released wrestlers.

Someone is about to get released from their prison.

• Registered Users Posts: 54,208 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

it will be very interesting where he goes.

i think AEW is getting a bit to stacked so Impact is my guess

• Registered Users Posts: 20,753 ✭✭✭✭beakerjoe

Id love to see him in NJPW.

He's released some more vignettes.

The vignettes between him and Malakai Black also share some continuity, altohugh I wouldn't take it to mean he will show up at AEW. Apparently his non-compete is up at the end of August so if he did end up in AEW he would be showing up at a time when Punk and Bryan could be as well, not the best timing. I think if he goes to AEW he's gonna be middle of the pack but if he goes to Impact, he'd be at the top. Reckon he'd be good in Japan too.

Only minor complaint I have at this stage is the WWE is a Prison analogy for these videos. We get it lads! Maybe come up with something a bit more original 😆

It's being reported that Flair wants to wrestle again and is back in training for an in ring return.

The WWE ran a video package before RAW for the live crowd that featured Bray Wyatt with Foley and Austin taking about how great the Firnd character is.

• Registered Users Posts: 972 ✭✭✭Officer999

His still using WWE in his Twitter handle too

Nearly all those released have kept their WWE Twitter handle right up till the day their non compete ends.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 20,753 ✭✭✭✭beakerjoe

Would put it past WWE to be Drake Mavericking the Fiend.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,820 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

I’d pay good money never to see Flair wrestle again.

Are you saying you don't want to see a man in his 70s with blood soaked face and hair?

Who do you even put a 70 year old Ric Flair against that would make sense?

I really don't think anyone would look good out of wrestling him at this point.

I mean he already had one of the best retirement matches ever and squandered it. I think the man just has a problem and can't stop. If that Plane Ride from Hell episode of DSOTR is as bad as everyone is saying not sure a major promotion will touch him anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 38,321 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

If wwe did bring Bray Wyatt back the crowd would be red hot for him

Jesus christ what is Ric Flair drinking if he wants to return to the ring at his age. Seriously why

• Registered Users Posts: 10,997 ✭✭✭✭chopperbyrne

Flair doesn't know how to save any money, and has to constantly pay his ex wives. Add that to being an alcoholic, and you have someone who needs to get paid as much as possible, as often as possible.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,534 ✭✭✭KKkitty

A return to the ring especially at that age is utterly ridiculous. Does he have a death wish? Does he have to pay all his ex wives alimony or what's going on?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,191 ✭✭✭✭B.A._Baracus

It's mad alright. He can't save money.

I looked at his wiki and he has had a consistent job in wrestling since the 1970s. Even after he "retired" in the Michaels match he did the hogan tour, roh, tna then back to WWE in 2012. He must be living beyond his means.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,180 ✭✭✭The White Wolf

Flair just isn't the brightest. A combination of his own decadence and the people he surrounds himself with.

Advertisement