Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

2021 Irish EV sales

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,058 ✭✭✭Jofspring

Enyaq is a beauty and will definitely sell well. I'd take the sold out thing with a pinch of salt though. They could have put 20 on sale in Ireland, sell them all and say "Skoda Enyaq is completely sold out".

Didn't a few people that had orders for them in pull out when they got landed with the 2k delivery and dealer charges?

The lower end ID4 comes better specced in my opinion though so I think there is better value there.

Both are cracking cars though. Looking forward to picking one up second hand in a few years.

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators Posts: 6,113 Mod ✭✭✭✭graememk

We'll see about how much they have sold in the registration numbers.

I do know someone who's ordered one last week for delivery at the end of sept though

• Registered Users Posts: 3,034 ✭✭✭Casati

Saw my first 212 yesterday which was also the first Enyaq I saw in the flesh and it is very impressive looking, more so than the ID4. Think I’d prefer the Audi but Skoda are onto a winner and will sell tonnes of them in on pcp.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 19,033 Mod ✭✭✭✭slave1

Bit of a licence being an Irish thread but the highest selling car in the UK in June was the Model 3, usual end of quarter spike volumes but still, nice to see an EV outsell all other cars

My stuff for sale on Adverts inc. EDDI, hot water cylinder, roof rails...

Public Profile active ads for slave1 (adverts.ie)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,280 ✭✭✭MightyMunster

slave1 wrote: »
    Bit of a licence being an Irish thread but the highest selling car in the UK in June was the Model 3, usual end of quarter spike volumes but still, nice to see an EV outsell all other cars

Think it was the second best seller here behind the Polo.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 23,535 ✭✭✭✭ted1

graememk wrote: »
    We'll see about how much they have sold in the registration numbers.

I do know someone who's ordered one last week for delivery at the end of sept though

Just off the phone with Skoda Spirit, they had 25 this year. All sold , 60 for next year which are nearly all sold. If I was to order today I wouldn’t have it till March

• Registered Users Posts: 1,082 ✭✭✭silver_sky

ted1 wrote: »
    Just off the phone with Skoda Spirit, they had 25 this year. All sold , 60 for next year which are nearly all sold. If I was to order today I wouldn’t have it till March

What would a normal dealer allocation be for a new model?

silver_sky wrote: »

Absolutely no idea

• Registered Users Posts: 11,444 ✭✭✭✭the_amazing_raisin

silver_sky wrote: »

Well I know when the E-Niro came out it was 50 for all of Ireland. Seems to be small numbers initially when it comes to EVs :(

AFAIK, car companies operate in one of two ways. Either they build to a customers order, or they order in stock of a particular spec and hope it'll sell. Kia/Hyundai seem to do the latter with their EVs

Kinda surprised the Enyaq is limited since I would have expected it would be built to order like the ID.4. Maybe VW is getting stingy with parts

"The internet never fails to misremember" - Sebastian Ruiz, aka Frost

• Registered Users Posts: 1,460 ✭✭✭cannco253

Am I right in thinking another 1,900 EVs were sold in July?

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 7,998 Mod ✭✭✭✭liamog

Numbers for July

• Registered Users Posts: 9,563 ✭✭✭Padraig Mor

That's....a lot! BEV now running at 7% of the market. PHEV at 8% and increasing proportionally greater than BEV - I'm not a PHEV-phobe but am surprised at that; dunno, maybe it's because I'm in a BEV so long.

Almost all of the increase is at the expense of diesel engines.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,098 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

Good numbers from VW considering there are so many people waiting on cars because of the chip shortage.

7 new Funky Honda E owners, haven't seen one in the wild yet

• Registered Users Posts: 5,561 ✭✭✭quad_red

Was talking to a VW garage (Frank Keane) and they said they could do only the minimum range City ID4 before Christmas. Anything else, if reserved now, would be Q2 next year.

He said customers deliveries this summer have been continually delayed due to electronic ship shortages with units sitting half done and waiting for components.

The Skoda place near the airport gave a similar story re the Enyaq and said that’s why their second hand prices have gone up so much. People can’t get the new cars they want so they’re dipping back into the second hand market.

Someone posted in the Tesla thread wondering if VW have sold more ID4 since March than Tesla have sold of every model since they started selling here so I went looking.

VW have registered 1,133 ID4 this year (951 ID3).

Tesla have 586 M3 (4 MS and 1 MX) in 2021 and 449 (9 MS and 19 MX) in 2020 so a total of 1,035 M3 or 1,068 total.

There was also 38 MS and 22 MX in 2019, 72 MS and 29 MX in 2018, 5 MS in 2017, 6 MS in 2016, 2 MS in 2015.

I'd imagine the ones before 2017/2018 would all be second hand imports and a good few of the more recentMS and MX would be as well assuming the Beep Beep figures isn't just brand new cars?

• Registered Users Posts: 15,383 ✭✭✭✭AndyBoBandy

Don’t forget M3 started deliveries here in 2019…

I filtered by Tesla on Beep Beep but must have missed the 2019 M3s.

Edit: just checked again and its saying no M3 registered in 2019.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,135 ✭✭✭innrain

It is YTD filter refering to 2021. Change the year 2021 to 2020 and re apply

• Registered Users Posts: 915 ✭✭✭Busman Paddy Lasty

Really like the way the "Mazda MX" sold 30 units so autocorrects itself.

• Advertisement

The key difference is Tesla don’t offer PCP. I wouldn’t have got / ordered an ID4 without it.

• Registered Users Posts: 471 ✭✭PaulRyan97

Some charts for the monthly sales figures since 2017. As you can see there's been some exponential growth this year, July being especially record shattering.

All plug-in sales (BEV + PHEV).

And just BEV.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,383 ✭✭✭✭AndyBoBandy

That’s some chart looking at the monthly BEV sales…

2021 is definitely the year sales have exploded, thanks in no small part to VW and they’re ID. Range.

I do hope the folk at eCars are looking at the same charts, and start getting their arses in gear….

I could have sworn I saw a figure of 1.5k Teslas in Ireland. The 2020 MS number looks low, I know of nearly half that number who imported alone...

Someone else posted that the YTD filter may have been on when I was getting the figures. I completely forgot to go back and check if this is what happened.

• Moderators Posts: 12,375 ✭✭✭✭Black_Knight

Not a hope. I don't think ecars are slow to add units because of a lack of demand. I think they're slow to add units because they're slow to organise planning and installations.

Here's hoping EasyGos rollout of DC units ramps up in 2021. That's what they've been saying all year so far anyways.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,219 ✭✭✭digiman

The increased sales are starting to show at the charging points. Went past Cashel today and there was a leaf waiting to get to the ESB charger where and ID4 and Etron were already there. All 4 Ionity chargers were in use as well. The car park there was so busy as well that you wouldn’t even have a good way to queue up for one either.

I had bought and ID4 in March but it kept getting delayed and was told 2 weeks ago that I wouldn’t get it to next year unless dealer was able to get a car from another dealers stock. So in the end I bought a KIA Sorento PHEV this week and pretty glad I did now when I seen the queues there. With such an increase in sales and chargers not rolling out fast enough it’s just going to get much worse.

That is a shame, infrastructure has concentrated too much on plans and PR instead of meaningful hubs

I've been there, stuck at the 50kW unit in Drogheda a couple of years ago with an E-Tron and I-Pace ahead of me. I didn't hear the end of that for a few weeks from the missus 😫

• Advertisement

With a bit of luck another player will see the queues and potential market opportunity and set up shop here (praying for Fastned!!!)

Advertisement