Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Competition Discussion

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 288 ✭✭Darksoul

Ya I asked could it be extended for next week instead as I needed to guarantee I had 3 other people to go with me, so straight away I was like how can I even say yes il go and and then ask around for 3 people like a fool drop everything and come with me tomorrow,providing they don't work or cancel whatever plans they had to go on the trip for the weekend.

My guess is someone before me did win,but they cancelled at the last minute and I possibly got pulled a name out of hat or whatever hence the short notice for me.

I think everything was planned as in all the trips and whatever because I just asked could I get a hamper or something small instead and she was like no to everything so I had no choice but to turn it down.

The lady on phone did sound like once she knew I couldn't go she was going to contact the next winner.

• Registered Users Posts: 447 ✭✭Deirdre5

that's ridiculous, sure tomorrow is a work day, no one will be around. and most people already have plans made coming so close to the weekend

• Registered Users Posts: 725 ✭✭✭ZombieMed

I always feel the rockshore ones are for people in their 20s who are maybe students also as it's all bring your friends on this trip.. Implication is if you're so important you have to work that you're not part of their demographic (presumably their parents are buying their creates of rockshore for them).

• Registered Users Posts: 36 Giselle10

Yeah I got the same call! Sounded like she’d rang a lot of people before me too, of course I can’t go on one days notice! 😆 A lot of last minute wins this week actually, wonder if it’s all people cancelling.

• Advertisement

Thank god someone here got the same phonecall but it's annoying isn't it. I bet as soon as you said ya can't she was more or less on the phone ok then! What happens if everyone says no then 🤣

• Registered Users Posts: 725 ✭✭✭ZombieMed

Presumably they'll offer a prize that the winner can book themselves in future instead:-)

I won an adventure voucher earlier this year, book within 5 years, loads of adventures around ireland to choose from, each one with its own rules, you book it with the one you want who honour the voucher. Great way of doing things, like a one for all card for adventure.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional East Moderators, Regional North West Moderators Posts: 12,136 Mod ✭✭✭✭miamee

Re the Dunnes voucher from Tayto, I still haven't received anything in the post yet. Will be a nice surprise when it arrives cos I keep forgetting about it 😄

• Registered Users Posts: 235 ✭✭LapsypaCork

Hi all, over 2 months ago I won an amazing prize of a huge tv, sound bar and free Virgin TV package and broadband for a year, the tv arrived within a few weeks but so far, Virgin Media have not been in contact, I’ve emailed the comp. promoters every 2 weeks and they have in turn, contacted the person in Virgin but no contact yet. I’m actually a customer of Virgin and feel this is very bad form, to offer a prize and to drag their feet when they have to pay out. Anyone else have similar problems and how should I approach it with the promoter?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,517 ✭✭✭Gormal

Keep on at them to honour the prize. Perhaps they need a different person within Virgin Media to get the finger out. You should get all the names, dates etc and keep a record.

It took me nearly a year and a half to get my firestone tyres fitted, and even then it was only thanks to the garage and a different contact within Firestone.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,355 ✭✭✭Kittykat67

I have spent over a year(a year on each competition) chasing2 separate prizes before. I would not keep emailing every two weeks because unfortunately the issue is obviously on the Virgin media side not with the person who is dealing with you and you don't want to annoy them. I'd give it 28 days at a time as that is the general usual for most prizes. Some even say 28 working days. I would not leave the prize go but I would not keep contacting the whole time unless they specifically say it will be sorted this week etc. I have been driven demented chasing prizes before but I always try to stay polite even though it is very frustrating and I don't keep contacting. Most competitions are run by the same few agencies so I don't want to annoy them for future competitions with other pages they run. Also congratulations with that prize I had my eye on it at the time!

Yes I agree about keeping a record of all your interactions. One of the prizes I was chasing I was passed around. Eventually I went over all their heads and got an email for a director of the company sent all the information explaining the situation and how long I was waiting. They sorted it for me in less than a week and I had my prize.

I have won a previous competition with Tayto and Dunnes and got the voucher. So don't worry it will come. 28 working days can be normal.

• Registered Users Posts: 235 ✭✭LapsypaCork

Long gone 28 days, 2 months today actually, the person I’m dealing with is very polite and professional and I’d say, embarrassed at this stage. I certainly wouldn’t take things out on her and definitely won’t let it go as the whole package is worth about €1000. So, what’s my next step? Find someone in Virgin Media who is supposed to be dealing with it? How about Conor Pope?

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional East Moderators, Regional North West Moderators Posts: 12,136 Mod ✭✭✭✭miamee

Got a can of Rockshore in the post this morning, I assume from the same competition others had mentioned here!

Yes I got the second can this morning the lime flavour one...I think if they are promoting the 3 flavours looks like we get to trial the 3 different flavours? Got raspberry last week so maybe expecting watermelon next week.

• Registered Users Posts: 996 ✭✭✭kg703

Yep, I got one too but I didnt get a raspberry one! Would of preferred raspberry tbh :D

• Registered Users Posts: 484 ✭✭guppy

I got the lime last week, raspberry today and I hate raspberry!

• Registered Users Posts: 390 ✭✭DontBanMe

Its also not very nice, but it was free so I didn't feel too bad when I had to pour it down the sink!

• Registered Users Posts: 28 Gearoidin_B

Received my Duunes voucher from the Tayto competition in the post this morning.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 544 ✭✭✭jules86

I received my Lifestyle Sports €100 voucher this morning as well

• Registered Users Posts: 10,315 ✭✭✭✭thesandeman

I've a parcel waiting for me in the post office. I'm not expecting anything so it must be from some comp 🤞.

It's like waiting for 🎅.

I checked my balance of the gift card online and its €0.00. 😡

I rang the number I got the call from & left a voicemail. Hopefully I'll get a callback..

Some of those vouchers take 24 or 48 hours to have the balance available after they have been set up. You could try ringing the Dunnes customer service number.

Cheers KittyKat67🤞 🤞

I'll check again in 48 hrs

@gearoidin_B Give the Dunnes customer service number a call just to be sure. I know I got a dunnes voucher a few years ago for €100, I checked before I started my shopping. Asked the customer service to Check my balance and it was zero. I was raging too but when I rang them they told me sometimes there is a delay or else for security reasons it has to be activated over the phone. I have won vouchers other times and they were ready to go when I got it. So I would ring and check just to be sure. I always Check my balance instore before I start shopp incase I'd fill my trolley and the card would be zero!

• Registered Users Posts: 10,315 ✭✭✭✭thesandeman

😂😃🤣

A load of shaving stuff from a Rude Health comp.

I've had a thick bushy beard for the last thirty-five years 🧔.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,448 ✭✭✭✭fritzelly

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 57 ✭✭Steph1234

Only back at my postal address today...no Dunnes voucher yet🤔

But a tin of rockshore.

Advertisement