Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The wondrous adventures of Sinn Fein (part 3) Mod Notes and Threadbanned List in OP

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,760 ✭✭✭dudley72

Once again emotive bluster,while self-fulfilling and amusing to read,has no place or value in face of facts and logic

If at any time you feel,your able to address or counter the substance of the post,with facts/logic come holla at me,its just embarassing for you now though

The tans were ric members being sworn in as members (constables) on insistance of llyod george.

Once again,exposed by a lack of knowledge of the facts

• Registered Users Posts: 68,817 ✭✭✭✭FrancieBrady

Do you know what 'deflection' is?

You posted a bit of what he said, without the rationale behind it. And had a cheap and trite rant. That is being 'selective' 'deliberately parsing what he said' etc etc all day long. The core work of a propagandist/person with an agenda. All to have a 'bet' on the party he was from.

No deflection, just an accusation you are now predictably running from.

P.S. If actual research into facts interests you, a look at his Twitter suggests he is more aligned with Eirigi so you would have lost that bet no doubt.

But you'll probably pretend now you meant Eirigi and claim your winnings. 😁

• Registered Users Posts: 14,540 ✭✭✭✭markodaly

...And... here is the spin and the deflection..

I didn't mention Charlie, or Leo or FG or whatever..

It was you who mentioned as to the reason the RIC should not get a state commemoration was due to the fact that they 'violently resisted the foundation of the state'.

Isn't this what the IRA did, post the Treaty?

Isn't this what the PIRA did?

If one is consistent, then neither of these people or organisations should ever ever, get a state commeneration.

But spin away, you are halfway to South Africa id say at this rate.

• Advertisement

Nobody is proposing a state commemoration of the IRA in this state Mike.

What you are doing is pivoting to a fantasy proposition.

Readers can work out for themselves why you might do that. I gave my opinion on why.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,540 ✭✭✭✭markodaly

Do you agree with the fact that the PIRA and the IRA post treaty should never get a state commemoration?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,306 ✭✭✭mikethecop

well murder of innocent people is some thing that i feel strongly as many others do , that's sort of a normal human reaction

again as you have expressed sympathy with organisations who are currently engaged in terrorist activity . ie terrorist sympathizer the normal reaction might not be normal for you ,

even with that in mind the facts or logic are not on your side either , i mean your tryin to blame the gardai for murders that were committed by members of the terrorist organisations , do you blame the state for omagh too ?

I have said before (as I have already stated) that I don't think it appropriate for the IRA to be commemorated by the state as it exists at the moment.

I think in a new UI state, we will be faced with the dilemma of commemoration full on and a way will have to be found to respectfully remember all the dead caused by the divisions here.

Lets try stick to subject discussed,brought in by you afterall and avoid subject hopping/gish galloping....ie the disappeared

I have highlighted,one of the main culprits surronding this subject,was in fact a garda informer....to my eyes then the gaurds (and by extension,the state)have qs to answer regarding his conduct and all files relating to him should be examined in an effort to glean any info pertaining to this subject......its hardly a controversial view (perfectly reasonable imo) and heavily based in the facts/logic of the subject matter,yous introduced

• Advertisement

you kep saying "in your eyes " but cant accept that you association with a fringe terrorist organisations means that is not a statement that carries any weight or validity , apart from in a tiny tiny section of the community it never did or never will.

i can understand why you dont want to discuss the details of some of the atrocities you feel were justified

I mean like,your skirting from delving deeper into the subject matter yous introduced

Do you feel its acceptable for informers working for gaurds to kill and disappear people? And should the files pertaining to these informers be examined to obtain info,which may solve/locate some of these bodies?

And should state apoligise for the actions of this informer over seen by an gardai?

(Your entitled to disagree and claim.the above is perfectly acceptable btw,no skin off my nose)

do you have any thing other than an unproven allegation by the son of a disgraced and most corrupted person in the states history to back up the weird tangent you ve gone off on blazz? or is it another fairy tale deflection tale

• Registered Users Posts: 1,324 ✭✭✭Shebean

Not sure where you got confused there Mike. I was asking you.

You were stating there were good people in various organisations like that meant something.

I get suspicious when people want to talk about SF's IRA connections and the conflict/troubles of last century decades after a peace process. I don't find it genuine. I suspect it's politically motivated. We have FG supports and FF to a lesser extent who think every critic of government is a shinner. It would help them if they looked at the current issues people are actually concerned about. You raised Shergar yesterday ffs 😀

its politically motivated to link sf and the ira ?

there is a lot of unsolved murders and and ongoing involvment in criminality, those with the ability of help solve them are claiming to be legitimate political party who should be trusted with running a country .

criminals should be in jail not in power

lol you boys are having a mare lately

• Registered Users Posts: 19,467 ✭✭✭✭Brendan Bendar

Don’t like talking about the past, Mr S. ?

When it doesn’t suit.

Just try to whitewash it eh?

Need to up your game a little based on that kind of posting

Its literally the opposite of deflection to discuss deeper the subject matter,yous introduced,just because yous dislike where its gone,deosnt make it any less suitable for discussion

The chap was working for the gaurds/state and was disappearing people...your happy enough to call on sinn fein to do more to help find bodies,but shirk away from asking gaurds to do the same

Its almost as if yous virtue signalling and about this issue and wish to find bodies,is as shallow as your knowledge on it

Looks to me,theres no harm in examining the files on this issue anyway....its gone on too long

And will you give up and ignore the welfare of your fellow countrymen when it's not convenient as willingly as those left north of the border? Hard to take your concern for your country seriously to be honest. We've people looking for money to support a United Ireland.

Before you roll in for your little comedy show you should really know the discussion you are trying to throw pie in 😎

I'm only aware of one TD being criminally investigated currently.

You keep insinuating but provide no backup for these insinuations.

It's not working anymore, don't you get tired doing it?

• Advertisement

It's a SF current affairs thread. On your point you're not FF/FG, I don't believe anyone raising the IRA and the conflict/troubles and Shergar, is doing so over concern for housing, health and so on 🙃

examine what ever files you want blazz but right now your biasing your whole argument on one disgruntled td said in an effort to resurrect some pride in his father and promote his own book , its hardly air tight is it ,

and yes i do think sf should do every thing it can to repair some of the damage it done , however thats not whats happening is it

im not from NI shebean , its not my country and it wont be for a while at least god willing , if sf are as bad for the 26 counties as they are for the 6 it would be a nightmare

it might be because i dont want a criminal organisation running my country , there are still many victims of sf around you cant just ignore them , well you can but it doesn't work great , stack family and the mccabes as a example

You missed my point. If we decided to hand over part of Munster would you give a toss for the people left behind and forgotten while facing generations of being treated as less than? I don't give much credit to your claims of concern for your country.

SF helped bring NI into this century. They did more for equality than FF/FG/DUP/Con etc. for all people up there.

FF/FG don't like it because it damages them in the polls and thats all any of this is about. Be honest.

Talking about the IRA pre GFA is all FF/FG have to try use when called out on things in 2021. It's not working.

It's 'not your country'?

A selective approach to your constitution too I see Mark.

What you meant of course is that it is not your state currently. Ireland is our 'country'. Try get the terminology right at least.

I will take as an agreement the state and gaurds should open their files on this subjext then as there is qs need answering here

You havent disputed these allegations with facts or logic,surely by now,you must accept the limitations of emotive bluster in your arguements?

did you ever hear about this large community of people who dont share you political views who live in ulster ? they dont and didnt exist in munster in the 1920s nd to be honest thats a very childish argument your trying to start .

id say your confusing sf with the sdlp as regards positive political action in the north .

again its not like sf are a normal party without links to terrorist and criminals , again there is a sf connection to that arrest in Spain yesterday hardly pre gfa

Why would a people commemorate an oppressive force taking it's lead from an oppressive regime that treated them poorly? Like Flanagan and Varadkar you are confusing Irish people in collusion with an oppressive force intent on keeping the Irish under it;s thumb, with those seeking independence and democracy. Now if you wish to pivot to the IRA and the north, not everyone was happy to leave the Irish in Ulster to their lot. We'd a civil war over it actually. What they decide to do to try protect themselves is their business and they'd support in the south even within the state. I dread to think of where the nationalist community would be today left to the like of the DUP and an indifferent FF/FG.

• Advertisement

i take it you agree that sf and associated parties should hand over all there members who got away with crimes too ?

once again just making claims about something isnt proof of anything and considering the source id love to see some proof .

got any ?

Advertisement