Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Limerick GAA Discussion Part 2

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 888 ✭✭✭skaface

Well done to Limerick today, better team won

Best of luck in the final

I can take or leave most football (premiership etc) but there's a charm to the LOI in the Market's Field that's worth the price of admission. It's actually quite a pleasant way to spend an evening, imo. I wouldn't be hardcore about it though.

Anyhow, amazing performance today. To pull back ahead after Waterford reduced the gap was really impressive.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,646 ✭✭✭washman3

Thank you. Much appreciated. Know they will give it there very best shot and hope it's enough to get over the line again. So lucky to live in an era to watch this team in action. Limerick's best ever team without a doubt. Deserve everything they get.

• Registered Users Posts: 223 ✭✭One_More_Mile

Brilliant performance again yesterday. Oy complaint was they seemed to take the foot off the gas early in the second half. Morrissey and O Donovan my picks for motm awards. Heads down and hopefully another big showing in the final.

• Registered Users Posts: 305 ✭✭raindodger

Feel really sad for peter was our most consistant forward this year .Had started to become a real team player and not thinking he had to win the game on his own actually was giving him more space

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 531 ✭✭✭xredmanlfcx

Munster minor football final, Limerick v Cork tickets for Wednesday in Semple Stadium on sale on Ticketmaster now. €10 a ticket, buy in pods of 2 or pods of 4.

• Registered Users Posts: 819 ✭✭✭pajoguy

Lots of different opinions on Peters red card. Some have said he was pulled into contact by gleeson. I could not see that on any footage but if some camera angle is found to prove it he may have a chance. Unlikely though.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,000 ✭✭✭einn32

It seemed like nothing but from what I saw his head made that headbutt motion. You just can't do anything like that and expect nothing to happen. I think he will miss the final which will be hard for him. I'm sure the others will use it as motivation though - win it for him. He has had a mighty season.

Cork are on a high now. They will be well up for the final and hard to beat. Waterford gave us some big hits on Saturday. Even our big men were getting knocked over. It affected them for sure and contributed to some lull periods. They also ran at us more in certain periods and could have had goals. I still think we have this upper gear that was seen in the second half against Tipp. Limerick are a professional unit and seem to be able to time scores and intensity to demoralise teams that are making strides in a game. That goal that broke Waterford.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,794 ✭✭✭billyhead

I hope the likes of Hegarty steps up the next day. He hasn't been performing at the same level as last year. The final would be the ideal platform to have a man of the match game like last year's final.

both himself and Tom Morrissey had poor outings against Cork earlier in the championship, expecting them both to have huge games in the final

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,010 ✭✭✭slegs

Any word on tickets?

• Registered Users Posts: 819 ✭✭✭pajoguy

SOunds like the same system as for the semi final however I don't imagine there being any extra tickets available if they distribute like other years, All clubs in the country, referees, camogie association etc.

For the year thats in it no tickets should go to counties not involved as the demand will be incredible.

• Registered Users Posts: 512 ✭✭✭C4000

Spot on. In a normal year 40% of tickets are sent to non competing counties, surely this can't happen with the limited capacity

Not hopeful of getting one. Was on the season ticket as don’t live in Limerick anymore. Think the clubs will swallow them all up. Anyone know if there is a way to get premium tickets?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,456 ✭✭✭shockframe

Magnificent effort from the minor footballers tonight. Were 10 minutes or so from a famous win in Thurles. Cork though were superb in the last 10 minutes to get through. 7 point win flattered them greatly mind.

Well done to all.

Was on to croke park re the possibility of applying to buy premium tickets, they said these are restricted to people with long term contracts. There is a possibility of some tickets going on general sale if they distribute them in the same way as they have been doing to date (ie by club members getting links to purchase online). If 20 odd thousand are given links to purchase through ticketmaster, there will always be a percentage of these that don't complete the purchase for whatever reason. A number of dublin/mayo tickets ended up on general sale this week.

• Registered Users Posts: 339 ✭✭JD. 60

Apparently, Conor Gleeson spoke up for Peter Casey in the appeal process.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,646 ✭✭✭washman3

Fair play to him if that's true. So did Lee Chin on the Sunday Game, not afraid to put his neck on the line. Donal Og also said that Gleeson gave Casey a "dawk" and Casey reacted. But it was definately not an intentional headbutt/attempted headbutt in my opinion. Video evidence was inconclusive. Remember when Hoggie was red carded in the 2013 Munster final. Looked bad in real time but video evidence showed it was a complete accident. It was actually the ball that did the damage to Paudie O'Brien, which was minimal TBF.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,794 ✭✭✭billyhead

Great news about Casey. He's having a great season.

• Registered Users Posts: 140 ✭✭moritz1234

Brown envelope job

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 79 ✭✭BarneyJ

Delighted for Peter, if he is selected for the final he will have a big impact

in Cork thread they are saying their 2020 Season Ticket holders are being offered an option to buy a ticket. Limerick really should do the same.

Fair play to Cork, looking after their season ticket holders. I've emailed the Limerick County board highlighting this and asking if we will be given the same opportunity.

How many are there 3-4K?

I had an adult and two kids tickets. Would be great if they did this like Cork

Around about that number as far as I know. Would be a bad reflection on the county board if they don't follow suit. You are talking about the hard core of fans that travel all over the country to support the team.

I heard tickets are going to all clubs and county boards around the country which is a joke considering the reduced attendance. Maybe a smaller allocation than previous years but they are doing it all the same

they should have just diverted this allocation to the season ticket holders but of course that would just have made too much sense

its a joke really that Donegal and Leitrim clubs are getting tickets to the hurling final in a year when attendance is cut in half

• Registered Users Posts: 5,618 ✭✭✭giveitholly

Our club are not getting any tickets so not sure how true the above is?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 276 ✭✭Lester Freamon

As I said in the other thread, all Limerick season ticket holders should be emailing /letting the Limerick CB know what Cork CB have done and prioritised 2020 ST holders.

Advertisement