Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New Businesses opening in Dublin 15

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional East Moderators, Regional North West Moderators Posts: 12,207 Mod ✭✭✭✭miamee

Popped down to the centre at lunch time, Sostrene Grene is emptied out of stock whereas up to recently they still had stuff in the windows at least.
    Fatnacho wrote: »
    Is Raidar clothes shop in the Centre closed down too? Walked past on Friday and it was shuttered. Social media pages are inactive. Selection of menswear only shops in Blanch is very poor compared to other shopping centres.

Still shuttered today, was wondering the same myself.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,008 ✭✭✭colly10

Is Raidar clothes shop in the Centre closed down too? Walked past on Friday and it was shuttered. Social media pages are inactive. Selection of menswear only shops in Blanch is very poor compared to other shopping centres.

Was just checking boards to see if anyone has any info on this. It’s one of my favourite shops between all shopping centers.
    Anyone know if it’s gone or know of a similar shop?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,115 ✭✭✭✭Caranica

Facebook page is gone, never a good sign

• Registered Users Posts: 1,726 ✭✭✭Phil.x

Never liked that shop, staff in your face all of the time, afraid to unfold any of the clothing as they were impeccably neat and if you did staff were straight over Folding it up again, also some strange no return policy at the tills.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,510 ✭✭✭nikpmup

raheny red wrote: »
    I see there's construction work going on outside the Greyhound Pub. An Outdoor "dining" area or something else altogether?

I walked past the other morning and they were laying pipes. Doubt it's seating.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,206 ✭✭✭PopTarts

What’s happening with Wetherspoons? Hasn’t opened since last summer.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,576 ✭✭✭raheny red

Someone mentioned it flooded earlier in the thread. I was up there last week and they were aload of toilets sitting on the floor in front of the bar so it must have been a bad flood.....

• Registered Users Posts: 1,307 ✭✭✭quazzy

BuJo at Junction 6 opened up on Thursday 17th June.

According to their insta they'll be open Thursday to Sunday 4 to 9pm - click and collect only.

Looking forward to giving them a shot soon.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,285 ✭✭✭RoryMac

PopTarts wrote: »
    What’s happening with Wetherspoons? Hasn’t opened since last summer.

Re-opening tomorrow according to the signs up outside

• Registered Users Posts: 2,565 ✭✭✭wandererz

Anyone tried Bujo at Junction 6?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Subscribers Posts: 47,305 ✭✭✭✭Zaph

wandererz wrote: »
    Anyone tried Bujo at Junction 6?

Yep, got it last week. Really well organised, order online and just rock up at the appointed time to collect your order. Bujo burgers are great, we actually drove over to Sandymount during a break in lockdowns last year just to get some, they're that good. And definitely get some onion rings, they're excellent.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,726 ✭✭✭Phil.x

Zaph wrote: »
    Yep, got it last week. Really well organised, order online and just rock up at the appointed time to collect your order. Bujo burgers are great, we actually drove over to Sandymount during a break in lockdowns last year just to get some, they're that good. And definitely get some onion rings, they're excellent.

A bit expensive for a family of four for a takeaway. Imho.

I wouldn't find the product any better than half and half or grilltown. Like Bunsen, they've done well to build up the legend through social media and are charging for it.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,312 ✭✭✭OfflerCrocGod

Phil.x wrote: »
    A bit expensive for a family of four for a takeaway. Imho.
    Twice the price of a MacDonalds meal and I doubt they're twice as good as the one off burgers they do which I find are generally quite decent. It's stuff like onion rings and other sides that MacDonalds underperform in.

RoryMac wrote: »
    Re-opening tomorrow according to the signs up outside

Lovely. Their outdoor area has turned into a sty the past few months.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional East Moderators, Regional North West Moderators Posts: 12,207 Mod ✭✭✭✭miamee

They were doing some work on it over the last few days so it should be ready to go for opening today.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,214 ✭✭✭VonLuck

There looks to be a new gym opening up in Rathborne Village in Ashtown when I was there over the weekend. Anyone have any details?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,201 ✭✭✭ongarboy

miamee wrote: »
    They were doing some work on it over the last few days so it should be ready to go for opening today.

Was in Westend earlier and saw that Wetherspoons was open and busy. The beer garden becomes a decent suntrap in the evenings.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,062 ✭✭✭✭Larbre34

GAP has announced the closure of all UK and Ireland physical stores, moving online only. So that'll be a large empty unit in Westend in due course.

• Registered Users, Subscribers Posts: 47,305 ✭✭✭✭Zaph

Larbre34 wrote: »
    GAP has announced the closure of all UK and Ireland physical stores, moving online only. So that'll be a large empty unit in Westend in due course.

All closing between the end of August and end of September, so it won't be around too much longer.

• Advertisement

Zaph wrote: »
    All closing between the end of August and end of September, so it won't be around too much longer.

I remember going to America years ago back in the 90s and getting GAP clothes was always a big thing and you'd have people at home asking you to pick up something there for them. Since they opened in Ireland, I never found their clothes appealing. They seemed very safe and boring.

I remember a Saturday Night Live sketch about them to the effect that they are clothes for people that have given up, something to wear in preference to public nudity. The fit was always terrible tbf.

Reed Footcare Clinic opening soon beside SuperValu Blanch.

Burger King drive thru opening in Maxol Ballycoolin as part of a €1million upgrade of the petrol station site.

Since the arrival of Supermacs and Krispy Kreme in recent years, I have begun to spread. However, I will try out BK, just to make sure it safe for the rest of you.

What a great service you offer Larbre34 😄 I always forget about the Supermacs in Mulhuddart - probably for the best!

• Registered Users Posts: 583 ✭✭✭crooked cockney villain

Is the Greyhound pub permanently closed now? Was down the village for the first time in ages, looks very derelict. Shame really, was a cracking boozer in its day.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,327 ✭✭✭Bandana boy

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,745 ✭✭✭Brock Turnpike

Agree. It's an awful waste of what could potentially be a very nice pub if looked after. Get rid of the late license and strip it back to being a traditional pub.

Advertisement