Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tesco Fuel Clubcard Offer - 10cent off per litre

• 15-06-2021 2:27pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 173 ✭✭

Between 14th June 2021 and midnight 27th June 2021

Every time you fill up with your Tesco Clubcard at a Certa forecourt, you’ll get 10c off every litre of fuel purchased*.

Discounts are applied automatically at the pump. Simply scan or insert your Clubcard, complete your transaction, fill up and away you go. Our promise to our customers is to endeavour to always be the cheapest and most convenient fueling experience available.

For customers who don’t have a Clubcard, don’t worry, you won’t miss out! You can download the Clubcard app below and register on your mobile device. Every time you fill up, simply scan the QR code. Once registered you will get a Clubcard delivered to your home, but this can take up to 21 working days to arrive.

https://www.certafuel.ie/?gclid=CjwKCAjwn6GGBhADEiwAruUcKg9LUajyBGOZkFgR0Hr93w4zd3op3XyZ1mXRKs6sCkpXN9CHCX9GqRoCsVIQAvD_BwE

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 240 ✭✭easyvision

10c off a litre of fuel until 27 June only at Certa fuel stations when you scan you tesco club card. Filled up other day. Apparently they use Circle K fuel also

https://www.certafuel.ie/certa-clubcard-summer-promotion/

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,813 ✭✭✭✭callaway92

Ordered Clubcard online (always meant to sort one anyway).

They give you a temporary card online (give the number, barcode and front of it)

Will a screenshot of the barcode do?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,340 CMod ✭✭✭✭Davy

callaway92 wrote: »
    Ordered Clubcard online (always meant to sort one anyway).

They give you a temporary card online (give the number, barcode and front of it)

Will a screenshot of the barcode do?

You can get the card if you sign up via the app also.
    Download the app and signin now and you should have access to the card.

Cheers for that. Downloaded the app and it’s already there once I put in the number.

Good deal seeing as Certa in my neck-of-the-woods are probably one of the better value brands I see.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,754 ✭✭✭horse7

I can never tell if my clubcard has scanned at the pumps, can someone take a photo of the process.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 253 ✭✭pummice

horse7 wrote: »
    I can never tell if my clubcard has scanned at the pumps, can someone take a photo of the process.

You can also have it scanned by putting it into the slot for the debit card

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,754 ✭✭✭horse7

Thanks, I rang them before and they could not help.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,917 ✭✭✭Soarer

horse7 wrote: »

If you’re scanning, it should beep and on the screen tell you your clubcard is accepted.

You scan your clubcard before doing anything else.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,213 ✭✭✭JabbaTheHut

When it says the discount is applied at the pump does that mean the credit goes on your clubcard, or the 10c is taken off your spend there and then?
    The reason I ask is because I got €20 of petrol this evening. It was €1.44 a litre before the promotion, which worked out at about 13.9 litres. And that what I got. But if the 10c is applied then that should work out at 14.9 litres, or so for my €20.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,288 ✭✭✭SCOOP 64

i put in €40 this afternoon, €37.30 was taken from account.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 670 ✭✭✭epopnomis

I put 60 euro diesel and was charged 60 euro even with scanning the tesco card. receipt says 55.68 should have been taken... Will have to get onto them. pain in the arse to be honest.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,837 ✭✭✭DopeTech

epopnomis wrote: »
    I put 60 euro diesel and was charged 60 euro even with scanning the tesco card. receipt says 55.68 should have been taken... Will have to get onto them. pain in the arse to be honest.

I put 60 unleaded in yesterday too, scanning my clubcard beforehand and my bank says 60 is pending. Will wait to see if when it completes does it drop to 55. No point doing offers like this if they don't have them set up correctly.

When it says the discount is applied at the pump does that mean the credit goes on your clubcard, or the 10c is taken off your spend there and then?
    The reason I ask is because I got €20 of petrol this evening. It was €1.44 a litre before the promotion, which worked out at about 13.9 litres. And that what I got. But if the 10c is applied then that should work out at 14.9 litres, or so for my €20.

Did you pay with cash or card?

Worked for me there too.

What people might see is an initial €40 debit on their card due to pre-authorisation of the payment.

In the end, €37.28 (something like that) is all that was debited.

Paid at pump

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 31,642 ✭✭✭✭odyssey06

Actually charged or is that just the preauthorisation amount for 60e that you had to put in to unlock the pump?

The process I followed (guided by staff member as the help signs not v helpful)

Scan your clubcard at barcode scanner.
    Then put in your credit card preauthorise eg 40e.
    Take out card.
    Fill up.
    You are only charged for how much you fill up and then discount applied.
    You can print receipt at end.

"To follow knowledge like a sinking star..." (Tennyson's Ulysses)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 670 ✭✭✭epopnomis

odyssey06 wrote: »
    Actually charged or is that just the preauthorisation amount for 60e that you had to put in to unlock the pump?

The process I followed (guided by staff member as the help signs not v helpful)

Scan your clubcard at barcode scanner.
    Then put in your credit card preauthorise eg 40e.
    Take out card.
    Fill up.
    You are only charged for how much you fill up and then discount applied.
    You can print receipt at end.

charged 60 euro to my bank account. showing in online banking

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,134 ✭✭✭✭Caranica

According to my receipt I put in 60 euro but 56 was debited. Had pre authorised 60.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,213 ✭✭✭JabbaTheHut

Did you pay with cash or card?

I paid with card. I just had a look at my bank account and it says €18.61 pending, so the discount is applied, just doesn't look that way when looking at the dials on the pump. Grand job.

I find it can be tricky to scan the card, so using the card reader for the debit card is always the preferred way to go, for me.

Offer has been working fine for me since they've introduced it.

• Registered Users Posts: 725 ✭✭✭drogon.

I paid via Revolut, and it did state that a hold of €40 was put on the card and anything else will be refunded (or something along those lines in the app). A day or two later the correct amount was debited.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 243 ✭✭tall chapy

I was on to Certa and it is what appears on your receipt or debited from your account rather than what us on the pump display. It was hard to scan the tesco card, I previously put it in where you put in the debit card and it seem to accept it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,826 ✭✭✭Buffman

It took me a few attempts to scan the clubcard, I only have the small keyring one so can't use the card reader slot.

Other than that it worked fine, pre-authorised €50 on a Revolut card, filled up, printed receipt which showed discounted total, and when I checked Revoult app again it had also changed from €50 to the discounted total.

FYI, if you move to a 'smart' meter electricity plan, you CAN'T move back to a non-smart plan.

You don't have to take a 'smart' meter if you don't want one, opt-out is available.

Buy drinks in 3L or bigger plastic bottles or glass bottles to avoid the DRS fee.

Got 40e worth of petrol using my revolut card. Took 40 off my card, but later that night also took 37.24 off. Still haven't received the authorisation 40 back, put my account into minus too. Still not returned so have opened up a dispute. Not ideal - seems a poor way of operating the discount.

• Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 5,829 Mod ✭✭✭✭Quackster

A hold is placed on your card corresponding to the value you select before filling.

If what you finally end up owing is less (as it will be when using the discount), this is then debited from your card and the hold is released but this may take a day or two showing up on your card.

Seems to be hit and miss, I've done it twice with Revolut and the amount paid 'corrected' itself almost instantly.

I'd be pretty peed off also if they were keeping my hold for a few days and also taking full payment.

FYI, if you move to a 'smart' meter electricity plan, you CAN'T move back to a non-smart plan.

You don't have to take a 'smart' meter if you don't want one, opt-out is available.

Buy drinks in 3L or bigger plastic bottles or glass bottles to avoid the DRS fee.

Buffman wrote: »
    Seems to be hit and miss, I've done it twice with Revolut and the amount paid 'corrected' itself almost instantly.

I'd be pretty peed off also if they were keeping my hold for a few days and also taking full payment.

3 days later, Certa still have the 77 euro they charged me for 40 euro worth of petrol. I have escalated with Revolut and issued a chargeback, but they seem to think the issue is on Certa's side. Pretty stupid way of applying a discount.

3 days later, Certa still have the 77 euro they charged me for 40 euro worth of petrol. I have escalated with Revolut and issued a chargeback, but they seem to think the issue is on Certa's side. Pretty stupid way of applying a discount.

Well that's a waste of time.

3 days later, Certa still have the 77 euro they charged me for 40 euro worth of petrol.

That's taking the pistachio alright, hope you get sorted. Just reading the FAQ there and it seems that can happen. That would be enough to put me off using it without a discount.

https://www.certafuel.ie/faq/

Its important to point out that you’ll be asked to select an amount before you fill up your vehicle. This is a requirement by the banks to ensure enough funds are available in your account to complete the transaction.

If you fill up by less than the amount you selected, you’ll only be charged the amount you filled up by. There may however be a time lag between when the bank places a temporary pre-authorization lien on your account and after you fill up. Most banks release the lien within minutes, but we have had situations wherebanks are taking a few days to release the holds. It is important to point out however customers are only ever charged for what they fill up by.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,253 ✭✭✭✭AndrewJRenko

Has anyone else had difficulties using Google Pay at Certa pumps? I've tried it with two seperate phones, so I'm fairly sure it is not a phone problem. It is picking up the Tesco Clubcard number from Google Pay, though that's done with a barcode scan, not using the contactless connection.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,809 ✭✭✭mp3ireland2

You must not use your phone on a forecourt, unless it's atex certified you can cause a spark such leads to an explosion due to fuel! Do you not see the signs saying no mobile phones to be used on forecourt! This is very dangerous!

Advertisement