Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

VW ID.3

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,521 ✭✭✭eagerv

Just got prompt for second part of OTA update today. Will install shortly when I charge car a little (Needs 50%). Says it will take about 170 mins to complete update.

First part came in 15 days ago..

Just an update on the update ☺️ all went well, took exactly 2 hours. After main update there was a mini one (vehicle wallet) which took about 1min. The wallet (manual) is actually quite good, it is sort of interactive. If there is anything further worth noting when I next drive, will update this post.

• Registered Users Posts: 946 ✭✭✭Rusky rusky

There is another small update to follow. Added some new languages ans some extra notes or smth like that for new OTA updates.

• Registered Users Posts: 126 ✭✭zx80

Thanks for update (on update!). Did you get warnings that camera-based assistance systems were not available during update, as reported on Mein.id forum?

Only got warnings before I installed part 1 of the update 15 days ago. That was the update on the camera-based systems. No warnings today while driving. Just a message that the download was available to install. They recommended 50% battery at least, though the installation only used about 1% of battery. I was washing the car during install and noticed a red warning exclamation mark on the speedo display and app was dead. As I was drying car heard a few load clicks from the front area and the warning went out. And app back to life..

Have been out in car this evening since and don't notice much difference apart from the new home button and different colourings/shades. Can't say screens any faster, was snappy enough for me before..

But definitely after the first part of update the ACC +/- buttons are much more accurate. Today, before second part, did about 200 kms using ACC a good bit. Don't think I made any mistakes on the 1 and 10 km/h increments.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,863 ✭✭✭RobAMerc

can someone tell me how I know what version I have installed ? Car was delivered last week and was supposed to have had it done. But you never know. thanks

Try Settings > System Information > Software version

0792 = Ver. 2.1

0910 = Ver. 2.3

for flip sake - the dealer delayed the delivery of my car by one day to do the update 😒

and wouldnt you know it...... 0792

can someone point me in the direction of signing up for the update ? or do I have to way for the pleb rollout...

thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 13,456 ✭✭✭✭fits

Did yours just arrive from factory or was it in stock?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,295 ✭✭✭✭DrPhilG

What date was the 2.3 available, i.e. what production week would be getting 2.3 at install?

• Advertisement

You’d imagine the MY22 cars would have it from factory at least.

stock - in fact the car has been sitting around for a while. But I asked if they would do the update in the dealership before I got it. He agreed to it and delayed delivery so they could do it ( or not do it ! )

can the dealer force the 2.3 update as it’s only started rolling out to first movers?

• Registered Users Posts: 665 ✭✭✭adunis

fair nuffski - thanks for info.

If you log into your My Volkswagen account you should see the manufacturer year. My understanding is that MY 2022 models are shipping with 2.3. It seems that your model is probably MY 2021, as is mine. To put yourself forward for the 2.3 update ahead of general release send an email to id@volkswagen.de with the subject ‘I want OTA’. That’s it, nothing else. I sent my request on July 16 and just got acknowledgment this week. I haven’t received any 2.3 updates yet (it’s in two parts) and am not too concerned about when I do as I seems to bring mostly cosmetic as opposed to functional upgrades. And the dealer currently cannot offer 2.3 update.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,116 ✭✭✭✭KCross

Hmmm, would make you think about deactivating the auto-door lock feature. Or does that fail-safe and pulling the handle from inside always work?

• Registered Users Posts: 618 ✭✭✭handpref

Thanks for all the feedback and info lads, this thread has been a great help.

Placed an order on a Tour 5

Was told it’s going to be Jan 2022 delivery.

I was originally told 3 months which I didn’t want, I specifically wanted a MY22 and not an early production model. Turns out they can’t get the cars in, nailed down the 2021 price and that of the trade in so I’m happy enough.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,062 ✭✭✭Comer1

They should build the entire car in the same material as the wheel covers 😝

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,062 ✭✭✭Comer1

Always hated the idea of being in a locked car. Can't find a way to disable it though.

• Registered Users Posts: 48 lowkeys

Is anyone having issues connecting android auto and their phone to the speakers of the car? When I get in I connect the phone via the usb cable then have to press app connect-android auto, then click on the Bluetooth or WiFi button randomly before android auto works. For some reason often when I’m connected to android auto the Bluetooth of my phone calls then gets kicked off so if I get a call I have to go into the phone settings and activate Bluetooth there which kicks off the android auto volume when the call ends!

I got the car in early July and it was working ok then. Not sure what I have pressed in the meantime but any advice would be much appreciated.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,189 ✭✭✭✭silverharp

we are picking up our car a week from tomorrow , it arrived in to the country with that batch last week

A belief in gender identity involves a level of faith as there is nothing tangible to prove its existence which, as something divorced from the physical body, is similar to the idea of a soul. - Colette Colfer

• Registered Users Posts: 1,460 ✭✭✭jogdish

If you have Safelock here’s something to think about, from the manual…

The SAFELOCK deactivates the door release levers if the vehicle has been locked. This makes it more difficult to break into the vehicle. The doors can no longer be opened from the inside 

!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 18,189 ✭✭✭✭silverharp

their base model in grey , it was the only ID3 they could get that was on the production line at the time in July but pretty much what we wanted anyway. Looking forward to it now.

A belief in gender identity involves a level of faith as there is nothing tangible to prove its existence which, as something divorced from the physical body, is similar to the idea of a soul. - Colette Colfer

Enjoy, it’s a great car to drive. Good luck with everything…

Friyay

• Registered Users Posts: 1,460 ✭✭✭jogdish

Congrats, getting my 'Family' in Feb, would love to see the info map working in Ireland in a video but I guess 'it just works'

• Advertisement

have had my ID3 a week now and I have to say, while yes the interior looks and feels a bit low rent, exterior feels made of plastic, alot of the tech is really a bit of a gimmick ( have a 1st Max ) and I worry about the range ( the way I drive it ) I have to say its a cracking little car. Its quite, comfortable and quick. It even handles quite well despite its weight. Maybe its coz its new, but I find myself reaching for those keys rather than any of the others which is a good sign - although that might change when I cant charge it this winter 😜

Advertisement