Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

AEW - All Elite Wrestling (*Spoilers for Latest Show*)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,637 ✭✭✭RollieFingers

That crowd was hot as, just another very enjoyable hour of pro-wrestling from AEW. Great to see Fuego get the contract and also nice to see Hayter back, didn't recognise her at all.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,944 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

I think it makes sense for Kenny to drop the title because he will eventually have to start dropping them and it will give Kenny back the win at All Out. You don't want him to drag on the gimmick too long before people get bored of it.

Overall both Dynamite and Rampage were really enjoyable along with having a hot crowd really helps everything.

I had no idea who the woman who helped Britt was tho.

• Registered Users Posts: 345 ✭✭orecir

Killed the collector gimmick right before their biggest ppv event of the year.

Terrible booking.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,455 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

Nah, I disagree.

If AEW's title is his crown jewel, it should be the last title he drops.

Losing all his belts but it, and then having him mentally breaking down and being utterly desperate to retain the AEW title is far more interesting overall. Christian needed a chair to win so it wasn't clean, and I'd imagine Omega kills Christian in the AEW title rematch.

Having a desperate Omega then be challenged by Page, and having Page be the one to take "the big one" from him is a more interesting story overall imo. This is the beginning of the third act for the belt collector gimmick.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,128 ✭✭✭ThePott

I liked Rampage but I think I maybe built it up too much in my head. It was good but I don't think it felt as big as it could have been.

Christian/Omega was a really good match. I do sort of agree that Christian shouldn't have won. For a few reasons. Firstly I don't think it seems like a good deal for Impact, it basically looks like none of their lads can get it done, AEW is where the best talent is. They've lost a chance now at one proper member of their roster having that moment to topple Omega and bring the title back to Impact. Secondly, I do think it lessens Page finally beating Omega. Yes, it wasn't for the AEW title but that to me just feels incidental. Even if it wasn't a clean win, Omega was beaten for a title. That should have gone to Page (or at least a rising star and AEW talent, not Christian).

Miro match was about what it should have been but was surprised at the amount of offense Fuego got. I don't really get the big deal about Fuego cause I don't religiously watch Dark or Elevation but seemed like a good moment when he got signed at least.

Main event, very solid match. Probably the best Velvet has looked. It did seem odd that they kept trying to make Britt the heel when that was never going to work in her hometown, of course she got cheered for everything. Also not sure about the interview before the match, seemed a bit superfluous. I don't know if it deserved the main event spot over Omega/Christian but nice to see them put a bit more emphasis on the women's division and hopefully the start to grow it and show it a bit more outside of just Britt. Hayter is a great addition even if commentary didn't seem sure how to sell it.

Other stuff, not sure yet about the 4 Man Booth. Not a fan of Jericho on commentary in general, Mark Henry seemed nervous. Don't think the presentation felt distinct enough from Dynamite. Think this can very easily become the third hour of Dynamite and not in a good way. Hope it doesn't become the lesser show but it's too early to tell yet of course. Definitely hyped for next week's show should be massive.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 29,077 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Omega doesn't even look like much of a belt collector now that he lost 2. What's the likelihood of him losing the AAA title now? But I agree it should've been an Impact guy that took it. It's probably better for Kenny though so the guy can have a break. Kenny is a guy that seems to be on Dynamite every week. Once Christian likely loses the AEW title match, he can go take time away and focus on Impact.

Also as others have said, the loss can make Kenny paranoid. He'll insist on having all the Elite at ringside for the title match. Don't know if he'll blame Don for the loss.

As for Britt, they have her come out as a face, play to the fans but still want her to act the heel with that beatdown. I don't know who Hayter is. As for commentary, I never know how I want them to treat appearances like that. Like when Black attacked Arn and Cody, Excalibur knew his AEW name. I'm sure other times, I've heard ones in the likes of TNA/Impact simply say something like "formerly known as".

• Registered Users Posts: 23,170 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

Impact: "Can we have our title back?"

AEW: "Shut up."

• Registered Users Posts: 54,282 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

**** hate seeing Fuego Del Sol on my tv, I wanted Miro come down so much to tear up that 2nd contract....

• Registered Users Posts: 8,478 ✭✭✭brianregan09

I usually don't mind Jericho but jesus he was really putting the effort in to be extra noisy last night , they don't need him , thank god for Excalibur is all I'll say he's head and shoulders above anyone else across the 2 shows

I do feel bad for Mark Henry he feels so nervous , I'd defo take Jericho out and let the other 3 there

• Registered Users Posts: 60,601 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Some night ahead with the Triplemania & Resurgence both on and AEW talent headlining both cards

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 86,421 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Christian the Impact champ AEW title next?

As I've said in the past, I hate Jericho on commentary. I had to lower the volume on my TV because he was shouting so much for a whole hour. If he toned it down I think he could be a good commentator.

Before anyone says "I'd take him over the robotic WWE commentary", yes I know but anything is better than WWE commentary.

Would you not just announce Punk for Rampage next week at this stage? Is a "casual" fan that was a Punk fan back in the day going to tune in if he's not fully confirmed to show? (even though us that follow wrestling news know he will).

• Registered Users Posts: 3,952 ✭✭✭Monokne

You will get more 'casual' fans to tune in to the follow up show after he shows up as a surprise then you will if you just announce it cold.

Someone who only watches wrestling occasionally may be interested if they hear Punk is coming back, but if they see a clip of his 'surprise' return in Chicago on YouTube, there's a better shot they are going to go out of their way to check out a show.

Yeah good point tbf @Monokne

Does anyone else think that Britt Baker always gets gassed in her matches? I feel like her matches come to a complete crawl after a few minutes and it's like they are in slow motion. I still think she's great but don't know if it's just me that's noticed. Her best match (the no DQ against Thunder Rosa) was a taped match so it could be edited.

That Rosa match was sloppy and slow too but the spectacle of it and the rarity of seeing that type of stuff in a women's match made it memorable and stand out.

Damn that was a good match between Kenny Omega vs. Andrade El Idolo

Bit of a shock to see Rick Flair appearing in Andrade's corner

• Registered Users Posts: 5,181 ✭✭✭The White Wolf

I thought her title match with Shida was off towards the end, as in I was expecting a certain rhythm and crescendo to the finish but it never really happened.

To be fair to her I think we all know it was more her character work that got her to the top of the division anyway, even though she has improved in the ring. There's been plenty of champions as we well know that have been less than accomplished in the ring but who simply 'got' pro wrestling as an art form. The Miz being a prime example.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 31,684 ✭✭✭✭~Rebel~

Maybe that little bit of action is all he was referring to in wanting to get back in the ring? Hopefully... he looks awfully bloody old as he moves around!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,181 ✭✭✭The White Wolf

I think Andrade having multiple advisors could be an interesting concept that hasn't really been done before. Chavito, Vickie and Flair.

It would set him apart at a time where there's a burst of main eventers coming into the company.

I think it's a sign that he hasn't a clue what to do with himself character-wise.

Crappy cosplay (it looks so cheap) with multiple managers already.

Ospreay vs Punk is the one I want to see now that Ospreay is in the US.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,952 ✭✭✭Monokne

Andrade has been hugely underwhelming. His act with Zelina worked but none of the other cavalcade of managers has worked. Chavo in particular is baffling. The knock on him was always bad promos, not much charisma. A manager is there to cut good promos and make up for lack of charisma.

Maybe a mod could set up a *forbidden door cross promotion thread so the individual threads don't get tied down with all the crossing that will happen over the next few months.

*I hate that term but its what all the companies are using now.

There are reports Charlotte was backstage at Triplmemania and missed a WWE live event in Charlotte North Carolina that she was advertised for to be there.

Punk on commentary last night saying the fighter looks "All Elite" right now after his co-com said the fighter was "retuning to his wrestling" :)

• Registered Users Posts: 29,077 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

In a wanting to watch the world burn kind of way, I'd be curious to see the fallout if he doesn't show up

• Advertisement

Ok Charlotte was backstage I wonder does she want out of WWE if she is missing a live event, Vince won't be happy with an advertised talent no showing an event while being photographed back stage at an other companies event.

Advertisement