Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

AEW - All Elite Wrestling (*Spoilers for Latest Show*)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 54,282 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

I suspect WWE were well aware of Charlotte missing the live event and continued to falsely advertise she would be there

• Registered Users Posts: 3,952 ✭✭✭Monokne

She hardly just didn't show. I am sure she got the night off. How dense would she have to be to not show up for work and then go to a very public place and allow pics of herself on social media?

• Registered Users Posts: 48,990 ✭✭✭✭Lithium93_

I'd be inclined to agree with Monokne on this.

Charlotte wouldn't be that foolish, to bite the hand off the company that made her.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,004 ✭✭✭✭titan18

Ya, she definitely would have told them. I definitely think she'd be interested in leaving though. The Lacey Evans story was insulting for everyone involved and per rumours anyway, WWE kept turning down stuff that she suggested they do with Andrade so I could easily see her being annoyed enough to leave.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,077 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

What are the chances of her being fired? She seems one of the most bulletproof on the roster.

But of all the shows to miss, Charlotte, her hometown, seems a big deal. I know it's just a house show though

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 48,990 ✭✭✭✭Lithium93_

I'd say the chances of her being canned are next to non existent. She's one of their own home grown talents.

Then again, let's assume she did go A.W.O.L - What's the worse they'd do, a fine or suspension/written off TV for x number of weeks.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,181 ✭✭✭The White Wolf

It would more be arrogance than foolish. She's a Flair.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,170 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

Charlotte is going nowhere. She's being smart and doing what Orton did by throwing a little doubt into things and getting a fatter contract when renewal comes around.

Yeah exactly this.

As I've said before, Roman, Becky, Orton and Charlotte would be the only ones that would completely shock me if they ever jumped to AEW. Just below them would be Rollins and Sasha.

• Registered Users Posts: 60,601 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Looks like ROH want to open the Forbidden Door and come on in now.

• Advertisement

Sean Ross Sapp noted that Charlotte booked Saturday off months ago.

So the whole "she no showed work" thing was, as expected, way off.

So WWE falsely advertised Charlotte would be there on purpose so they could sell more tickets and the crowd from what I've read was shouting for Charlotte and of course she never came out.

It's really shameful stuff from WWE

Man I would have loved to have seen these two go at it when Kurt was healthy.

Ric is going to need Charlotte to start making more main events and more towns :)

Terrible human beings will behave like sh*t, unfortunately.

I think for the cross promotion to start really working AEW is going to have to give up one of it's titles to a wrestler/s from to another company just to show they can drop belts as well as having there talent collect belts from other promotions.

I think the Bucks should be the ones to drop the belts to a team from NJPW although I would love to see The Briscoes come through the door from ROH and take them setting up The Briscoes vs FTR.

Rampage did a very impressive 740k for a late night Friday show making it the number 3 show on cable for Friday.

We had the summer of Punk in the WWE are we going to have the Autumn of Punk in AEW.

Oh wait Autumn in America is called Fall are we going to have the Fall of Punk in AEW.

I cannot recall looking forward so much to a wrestling show as I am looking forward to Friday's Rampage

From the very 1st minute the CM Punk chants will be deafening in Chicago.

I'm just itching to know how will it all plan out

• Registered Users Posts: 20,753 ✭✭✭✭beakerjoe

You couldnt pay me to stay up to watch Smackdown or Raw at 1am......

Hell Im paying to stay up and watch Rampage at 3am this week.

Whether you like AEW or not, you cannot deny its appeal. Its making Wrestling worth it again.

Ive waited years.... for WWE to provide me with a show. AEW is provided all my Wrestling needs and creating stars easily, something WWE cannot do no matter what.

• Advertisement

It'll be tough going to stay up till 3am but going to try my best to join ya

• Registered Users Posts: 2,927 ✭✭✭Cherry_Cola

There's literally a viewing party at my place Friday night for it here haha. I can't wait!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,873 ✭✭✭johnnyryan89

Luckily for me I get up at 5am for work, so just gonna wake up at 3am instead and watch it live. Weekend shifts are super quiet so you can catch a quick 40 winks later that morning.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,637 ✭✭✭RollieFingers

It's mad how bet into WWE people used to be, me included, I'm like you too now though, you couldn't even pay me to watch SS or WM these days.

Less than zero chance I'll be up to 3am so it will be an early morning watch for me. On a separate note, nice to see Kiera Hogan on Dark Elevation, she'd be a good pick up for the women's division.

Guess that means Kiera has left Impact. Last seen she was dragged away by Kimber and Su instead of a feud with Tasha. And now wasn't introduced as from Impact. Did the commentators mention Impact?

Edit: Just see on her wiki page that she announced her departure last month

• Registered Users Posts: 1,961 ✭✭✭markcahill1985

Have only started watching AEW in the last 10 days. I loved wrestling (mostly WWE) but have gone majorly off it in the last 3-4 years but delighted that I have been hooked straight in after watching 7/8 shows, its really great and the shows fly by when watching. Looking forward to this weeks shows now. Hope to contribute a bit here now going forward.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,944 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

I see Caster is selling some of his gear on ebay as he will need the cash over the next two months and saying he won't need the gear any more.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,753 ✭✭✭✭beakerjoe

Yeah, Anthony Bowens was still introduced as being from The Acclaimed.

• Advertisement

What type of ads should TNT/AEW use and run during Smackdown this Friday to hint that Punk will appear on Rampage without outright saying he will be there.

Also I want to see Jeff Cobb vs Miro at some stage.

Advertisement