Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Smart Meters tariff

Options
  • 05-08-2021 8:25pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,469 ✭✭✭

Hi could you confirm something for me, If you go and switch to a smart tariff is it possible to go back to a standard tariff if the smart tariff dose not work out.

Thank you

Comments

• Company Representative Posts: 361 Verified rep Electric Ireland: Aoife

Hi there,

Thank you for getting in touch.

We recommend calling our colleagues in the Smart Meter team on 1800 372 372. They will be able to advise you in relation to this.

If there is anything else we can help you with, please don't hesitate to ask.

Kind Regards,

Aoife

• Registered Users Posts: 1,469 ✭✭✭MAULBROOK

Its a pity when Ireland is heading for the biggest change in its electric infrastructure pricing ya just cant get a straight answer.

I looks like the rumor is true then, if you change to a smart tariff you cant go back to a standard tariff.

I think I will hold off till its made clear.

PS. maybe the Smart Meter Team should get a free Boards account, it might be the SMART thing to do.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,470 ✭✭✭beachhead

You cannot go back to the standard tariff.The ESB give a vague idea of what the smart tariff entails.Their blurb about the benefits to consumers is more like "isn't this lovely,you should go for as smart meter".The whole project is not for the benefit of the customer.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,469 ✭✭✭MAULBROOK

I 100% agree with you. This is going to be as bad/confusing as the pricing on health insurance. Warning to anyone, if you going to a smart make sure you can go back to a standard rate if it doesn't work out before you move.

Advertisement