Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Relaxation of Restrictions, Part XII *Read OP For Mod Warnings*

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,571 ✭✭✭Penfailed

No sheep pens at this. Mosh pit up the front for Ash. They were as happy as the people they were playing too. It was 521 days since they'd played in front of a live audience. Everyone was in great form. Even the weather played ball 😁

Gigs '24 - Ben Ottewell and Ian Ball (Gomez), The Jesus & Mary Chain, The Smashing Pumpkins/Weezer, Pearl Jam, Green Day, Stendhal Festival, Forest Fest, Electric Picnic, Ride, PJ Harvey, Pixies, Public Service Broadcasting, Therapy?, IDLES(x2)

I don't work at a fixed location. I could be somewhere different every day.

Gigs '24 - Ben Ottewell and Ian Ball (Gomez), The Jesus & Mary Chain, The Smashing Pumpkins/Weezer, Pearl Jam, Green Day, Stendhal Festival, Forest Fest, Electric Picnic, Ride, PJ Harvey, Pixies, Public Service Broadcasting, Therapy?, IDLES(x2)

• Registered Users Posts: 12,962 ✭✭✭✭JRant

It's mental when you think about it, 521 days is a long bloody time. At least we have access to these events across the border or sea. It'll be a while yet here unfortunately.

"Well, yeah, you know, that's just, like, your opinion, man"

Unfortunately is right! It's a complete balls when you consider that our vaccine numbers are now higher than the north. When's going to be the right time to make the shout for a return to 'proper' festivals?!

At the one I was at, they had social distancing marshals going round requesting people to move apart in queues. I didn't witness any of that but heard that it was happening. They had Variable Messaging Signs telling people not to hug strangers or you would be kicked out. I only hugged people I knew. They requested that, late in the evening, in the pits at the front of the stages, that people wear face masks. It didn't happen. It was, from everything that I witnessed, normal. So good!

• Registered Users Posts: 18,211 ✭✭✭✭namloc1980

I just find it amusing that you claim that there are zero covid restrictions or impositions on your normal life (except of course if you have to go to a shop! etc) but then you had to go to Northern Ireland to attend a live music gig because they are effectively banned down here. Going to a music event being a fairly normal occurrence in life.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,962 ✭✭✭✭JRant

I just don't think they want them run this year. So rather than be upfront about it they hid behind these stupid trial events and a soon to be announced roadmap. Once we get to the end of September the appetite for an outdoor festival diminishes as the weather will be poxy.

I'd say next year at the earliest for something even approaching what you described though.

"Well, yeah, you know, that's just, like, your opinion, man"

Yes, a music festival should be a normal occurrence in life but I don't go to music festivals every day. It's not part of my daily routine. If I'm lucky enough to get to a couple or three music festivals in a year, that's three weekends out of fifty two.

Yep. I think this year is gone for a 'normal' festival south of the border. Disaster for so many people that make their money at these during the summer months.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 6,906 Mod ✭✭✭✭shesty

Funny story.

My kid can't return to her ballet class because the teacher isn't allowed to open the indoor classes to kids.There are no plans for these classes to return for either adults or kids.They got a brief hiatus at Christmas, where they could take 2 weeks of classes in person, and that was it.

Another dance teacher had to cancel a summer camp she had arranged to run in a hotel, because legislation said that dancing was not allowed in such premises and she could get no clarification from the relevant Minister as to whether that extended to her managed and controlled dance camp for kids.

I guess it all depends on who are you are really, which is what it is coming down to with the current level of restrictions.No problems for some people, still disrupting normal life for others.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,760 ✭✭✭Deeper Blue

Anybody who says covid isn't currently disrupting their normal life must have a very sad life indeed.

• Advertisement

The funny thing being is that poster saying covid restrictions play no part in their normal life, yet openly state they had to go to Northern Ireland to attend a music gig because they are effectively banned down here. 😂

• Registered Users Posts: 247 ✭✭kieran26

You had to leave the country to go to that music festival. Seems like the restriction on concerts here forced you to leave the country. That seems like a restriction caused you some serious inconvenience to me.

I go to this festival every year. It's normal to me.

Also, I didn't say Covid restrictions play no part in my normal life. What I actually said was that there wasn't a myriad of restrictions on every aspect of my life.

Yeah. I didn't say that it's not disrupting my normal life. There aren't a myriad of restrictions on every aspect of my life though. Massive difference.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,439 ✭✭✭✭bucketybuck

What you actually said was:

"I could go through a normal day without encountering ANY restriction."

I go to that festival every year. I wasn't forced to leave the country. There was no inconvenience to me in any way whatsoever.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,439 ✭✭✭✭bucketybuck

You already know. I posted it for others caught up in your game.

I know there's nothing wrong with what you quoted. I can (and have and do) go through days without encountering any restrictions. What's the issue?

• Registered Users Posts: 24,357 ✭✭✭✭lawred2

• Advertisement

HUGS galore?? Id love to say that vaccinated folks spread covid too but you know what, good for you. I'm glad you'd a good time, I wouldn't begrudge you a walk in the park so at least you'd a good time. glad somebody is enjoying themselves anyway

• Registered Users Posts: 7,857 ✭✭✭growleaves

• Registered Users Posts: 7,035 ✭✭✭timmyntc

Some days I dont go to the shop or pub or gym so I dont encounter the covid restrictions - that does not mean that there are no restrictions on my life.

Honestly your argument is the most pedantic thing since... I dunno, the dancing ban?

I'm not vaccinated. I don't know the vaccine status of every single person I hugged. I had Covid about four weeks ago. The festival was excellent.

So you'd agree that there isn't a myriad of restrictions on every aspect of your life. Bingo.

Yes...it's somewhat pedantic. I prefer to call it accurate.

You're the ombudsman nobody asked for or wanted.

I know smarty. I was going to go with umpire, but then you don't officiate tennis matches either don't you not?

But you're not being accurate. Your claim was that you can go through days of your life without encountering ANY covid restrictions, which you are now trying to pivot to "there isn't a myriad of restrictions on every aspect of your life". Even your original claim you have to caveat it by saying that you have to avoid going to shops for it to be true and acknowledge you can't do basic things in Ireland like go to a gig or have a cup of coffee indoors in a café etc. without encountering restrictions.

Honestly this is sillier than the fella claiming there was no regulations or restrictions on dancing in Ireland because you can technically dance around your own living room.

• Advertisement

There's' no restrictions when he's in his bed asleep either, so that's ok. When He's at the gym and getting a coffee on the way, that's two restrictions on one of his everyday journeys. If he goes in to O briens afterwards for a sandwich, he has to show a green card, ID and a phone number.

That's a myriad of impositions on one persons normal 4-4 day a week routine outside of all the rest of it. And it's typical too.

Post edited by [Deleted User] on

Advertisement