Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Limerick GAA Discussion Part 2

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 276 ✭✭Lester Freamon

What email address did you use?

• Registered Users Posts: 512 ✭✭✭C4000

Emailed John Cregan and Mike o'riordan at

chairperson.limerick@gaa.ie and secretary.limerick@gaa.ie

• Registered Users Posts: 3,010 ✭✭✭slegs

Doon GAA will have been in direct contact with Limerick county board so this is likely pretty accurate information

• Registered Users Posts: 5,618 ✭✭✭giveitholly

Can only speak for my club but we were told by our county secretary that no clubs would be getting tickets for the all-Ireland,Not sure where Doon are getting that information

• Advertisement

There seem to be allocations to every county alright I've seen clubs in Dublin, Kerry etc asking members for requests. In light of the posts above, it's possible that not all county boards are passing their allocations on to clubs?

• Registered Users Posts: 819 ✭✭✭pajoguy

Looks like all clubs get tickets

• Registered Users Posts: 18,196 ✭✭✭✭namloc1980

You'd probably want to talk to him again. Clubs are getting tickets, albeit very small allocations, so would assume they'll do a draw for interested members such as Ballyheigue in the post above. Also Carrigtwohill GAA club in Cork doing a draw for their allocation

Response from county board re season ticket holders: 'thank you for your email, all our tickets have been allocated to clubs'

Just see that Ballybrown gaa have said that their allocation for the final is much less than what they got for the semi final despite much higher capacity. Where are the tickets going and what are the gaa playing at?

• Advertisement

Makes no sense whatsoever that tickets have been sent around the country with a 50% capacity.

I am sure the counties not involved who got the tickets were more surprised than anyone

• Registered Users Posts: 25,728 ✭✭✭✭breezy1985

They are going to John Joe from Roscommon who has been to every All Ireland since 19dickedy2 because he is well connected.

I have never liked the whole everyone gets a ticket thing for the final

Its not s very transpaarent system. Somebody put up a break down of the distribution a few years ago. It was mad the different places tickets went. Not to mind half capacity. No tickets should have gone to other counties.

Is this a Gaelic Football Club in Tyrone getting 3 tickets??? If so its bloody madness. Sure there are hurling fans up there but for the year thats in it.... crazy stuff.

That's it. I suppose the season ticket was brought in to address this and cater for the people who attend matches throughout the year, but they are the one group who were completely cut out this year ( limerick ticket holders that is, cork are being looked after).

We haven't even received any communication from the county board outlining the situation, just several emails looking for us to enter further draws to win cars on top of the 100 euro clublimerick draw which I'm already in.

True. There are serious hurling supporters in all counties, but the numbers that would attend even their own counties matches in the likes of the Nicky Rackard would be very small....

• Registered Users Posts: 113 ✭✭starlady1

Why are the cork season ticket holders being looked after and not Limerick?

Cork County Board emailed season ticket holders over the weekend saying that, as croke park aren't allocating any tickets to them, the county board will offer them access to tickets. Limerick County Board are not doing this and haven't sent any communications to season ticket holders at all.

• Registered Users Posts: 79 ✭✭BarneyJ

I'm a Limerick man living in Donegal and I am, in this instance, really hoping that my local club (which is a dual club) will get a few tickets and that I'm lucky enough to get my hands on a ticket or two if they do. But in general I do agree with you.

I am in the same boat with my local club in Kildare. Even though this is my only route for a ticket now I still think its wrong. In this year with 50% capacity this "around the country" allocation should not have been made. Even if they didn't sort out the 2020 season ticket holders with this allocation they should have just gone to the competing counties.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 276 ✭✭Lester Freamon

Hopefully the Mayo fans kick up an almighty fuss about this in the coming weeks. But it is the same every year and the GAA will still never change me thinks. Tickets are always a very useful political tool in so many ways. Delaney and his cronies were the same in the FAI during the glory years.

The GAA are probably terrified to cut their annual commitment of AIF tickets to certain parts of the country for a host of reasons.

It looks like Linerick and Cork are getting less than 10k tickets each. .. other counties allocations are fairly small; Longford county board got 62 tickets in total for example.

There must be a fair number held back for premium, sponsors and Gaa officials etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,728 ✭✭✭✭breezy1985

Well at least the President and the Taoiseach have a reason to be there this time 😁

Anybody here get ticket emails yet. Last time out it arrived at 1.50am on the wednesday... gonna be a long night.

Kildare CB got 5 pairs of tickets that were raffled to the clubs. Nothing to be had out there.

Down to entering every draw on Twitter!

Whats the chances of the Saturday night tickets coming available? How does that even work this year with the online sale and having to have a person linked to the ticket for covid. Are the digital tickets transferrable

Tickets are transferable alright and don't need to be specifically linked to a buyer.

Not sure what will happen to any unsold tickets that might be out there (in cases where people that got links didn't complete their purchases). will these be recirculated to county boards late in the day or thrown up for general sale on ticketmaster as happened with previous rounds.....?

Massively relieved myself to have secured a pair of tickets today from an unlikely location..... I think the other half is even happier as I've been driving her mad pacing up and down the house and obsessively checking the phone!

Congrats on getting tickets! Fingers crossed I get a late Hail Mary too. My brother down in Limerick didn't even get one from the club. Will keep at it. I have a few feelers out there through my network so who knows.

Best of luck with it, hopefully something comes through for you.

• Registered Users Posts: 531 ✭✭✭xredmanlfcx

Still looking for tickets. I can offer a swap of a pair of Liverpool tickets for any home league game from October onwards this season or anytime next season if it tickles anyone's fancy who already has hurling tickets!

Luimneach Abu!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 531 ✭✭✭xredmanlfcx

Winner of 2 All Ireland final tickets in the WinAKuga competition is living in Roscrea. Fair play to her, hopefully she's a Limerick supporter!

Advertisement