Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Will you take an approved COVID-19 vaccine?

Options

Comments

That is quite the narrative you've typed just to avoid directly answering my question.

Let me therefore break it down in steps for you to therefore minimise what you believe is potential subjectivity. I would ask kindly that you answer these questions rather than writing what you believe is another poetic argument to avoid them.

1) Do you believe that someone who possesses critical thinking skills can conclude that we are not currently in a pandemic?

2) Based on you answer to 1), do you believe that this poster possesses critical thinking skills?

3) Do you believe it is possible to be intelligent without possessing the ability to critically think?

4) Based on your answer to 3), do you believe that this poster is intelligent?

you're a gas man, 100% I do think it's possible to be intelligent without being able to critically think. critical thinking is multifaceted and you outa know it.

Do you think mice tick at the critical thinking boxes when they're in a maze? you think dolphins, crows and chimps tick all the boxes when they use tools, and yet they're clever.

Ask the poster why they believe this is not so, we are not in a pandemic. before you start sabre rattling on about my writing style, you really need to take off your shapiro hat. Yes it is possible, do you realise many geniuses cannot do their own tax returns? get melt downs over trivial things?

savants are highly intelligent on one plane yet the critical thinking you speak about is way way beyond their grasp. This person may well not fit your definition of a critical thinker but does that mean he is not intelligent?? not at all. Intelligence even comes down to a persons abilty to be aware of their own body in space, which makes sports champions highly intelligent. I've said this before, its why clumsy people are often referred to as big idiots.

Surprisingly, you did not address my questions as I asked them, so I guess I shall have to break them down further for you by asking you them one by one and wait for you to go off on another tangent in your reply.

1) Do you believe that someone who possesses critical thinking skills can conclude that we are not currently in a pandemic?

Oh I have faith that you can own the libs all by yourself, go get 'em tiger!

• Registered Users Posts: 938 ✭✭✭Steve012

More insults, do you know anything about psychology man?? 🙄

• Advertisement

Yes, I've co-authored a book on psychology for American students taking the MCAT, thank you for asking.

You can instead address what I have said and show some critical thinking skills instead if you wish. It would really help rusty cole out.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,710 ✭✭✭✭astrofool

Your just being offensive man, I bow out of your quarrel 🙈

Thank you for your input into this thread and for bowing out for a second time when asked a straightforward question.

Both of those studies have reached their results and conclusions.

As stated, all medicines are observed and followed up past their phase 3 trials, but the phase 3 trials are finished ending in success. It's becoming increasingly clear that you're an anti-vaxxer with little real knowledge of what's going on and grabbing buzzwords from various anti-vax sites to make your arguments.

• Advertisement

I just agree to disagree no biggy. don't have the time

• Registered Users Posts: 913 ✭✭✭buzzerxx

The answer is and always will be NO. There is nothing that can sway me.

There is nothing that can coerce me. No amount of guilt will seduce me.

No amount of pressure will convince me. I stand in my truth. I stand in my trust in myself.

And that is exactly where I will continue to stand. Take what you want, threaten how you will. I will still find a way.

#FREEDOM

I'm sure peddling those conspiracy theories does take up a lot of your time, especially compared to stating what you believe the definition of a pandemic is. You've certainly got your priorities sorted.

Not really helping rusy cole's argument out though, poor bugger.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,480 ✭✭✭floorpie

If you read them beyond the title you'd see that they're approximately halfway through. Authorization was issued based on an interim analysis

grabbing buzzwords from various anti-vax sites to make your arguments.

Truly bizarre. I'm beginning to think that you're a prototype AI bot at this point.

I had read them before months ago when another anti-vaxxer was trying to claim the same things you are now.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,666 ✭✭✭charlie_says

The ARR was calculated over the time period of Phase 3 trials. I don't see the lies you speak of. Also you mentored anti vax sites? Never been on one, I've considered some claims and published information/studies from many sources but none of them have been from an anti vaccination site, they may have a negative view on this particular stable of emergency use authorization antigen treatments.

Like many others, generally I consider vaccines to be sterilizing.

Explain what the ARR from the trials is, why the number reported is a really good number and why we generally use the RRR when talking about the effectiveness of vaccines. Go.

Well, you certainly used the phrase "me" and "I" a lot in this post. One could infer something from that, but I won't bother.

• Registered Users Posts: 962 ✭✭✭Burty330

Yes but I don't like the social and institutional pressure thats on me to take it , even worse is making it a legal requirement for indoor dining and drinking. Thats worng and our government have implemented that rule more harshly than almost anywhere. A negative test should grant entry into any pub and restaurant. Making people get double jabbed or no entry is sickening. Its tyranny.

Some man was on 6 o Clock show last week sprouting pro vaccine propaganda to beat the band. Literally praising the roll out and how great it is that kids are getting vaxed. Fine , until he says symptoms vary because people catch it on the nose and not in the lungs. What!?? WTF does that mean? You would expect either Maureen or Foley to question what that meant , but no. Multiple time he talked about the distinction between covid on the nose and in the lungs and neither clown questioned that claim , not once. . Unbelievable. They want you to shut up and take it while knowing nothing absolutely nothing about it. Scum.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,577 ✭✭✭✭Dav010

You want people to get a PCR test, to go to the pub, every week if they want a drink on a Friday night?

I didn’t see the segment you described, presumably the person being interviewed was talking about the virus spreading by coming in contact with the mucosa of the nose rather than the lungs initially, or, he may also have been alluding to the fact that in most people the the symptoms are confined primarily to the upper respiratory tract leading to loss of smell/taste, cough, fever, shortness of breathe. For some unfortunates the effects on the lungs are more severe, in vulnerable (and is some cases healthy) people this can cause life threatening complications, that is why you have heard about the need/use of ventilators so much over the past 18 months.

How do you not know this? reports of people hospitalised with breathing problems/in ICU on ventilators must have been mentioned thousands of times in the media, even clowns and scum comprehend this apparently.

Post edited by Dav010 on

• Advertisement

You don't know what you're talking about but you like to think you do. How exactly does the virus come into contact with the lungs ? If the virus comes into contact with the hands , does the virus stay on the hands? You just wanted to disagree with somebody cos you like to think of yourself as a know it all. You didn't even see the video in question

Covid can spread from an infected person’s mouth or nose in small liquid particles when they cough, sneeze, speak, sing or breathe. These particles range from larger respiratory droplets to smaller aerosols.

For many, the first, and sometimes only symptoms are loss of smell/taste due to infection in the nose. For others, unfortunately it then spreads to the lungs causing more serious symptoms/complications, I suspect this is the distinction being made by the interviewee about the more common “nose” infection, and less common “lung” infection.

Im not disagreeing with you because I think I’m a know-it-all, very limited knowledge is needed to understand this, i’m merely pointing out that clowns and scum have a better understanding of Covid than you seem to.

Post edited by Dav010 on

If the virus comes into contact with the hands , does the virus stay on the hands? Waiting on an answer. Furthermore , you did not hear what the man said , therefore you should not have passed comment. What you post made sense , what he talked about did not. And yes he is scum. Why , because he took people for sheep , which unfortunately a lot of people are.

• Registered Users Posts: 4 pokemonpokemon

Your health/life/accident/car insurance clearly states in T&C they will not cover your ass minimum of 3 years if you experimenting with your body.

Mortgage/ Bank loan credits follow the same rule.

If something happened to You they don't touch You and they make sure to take your unpaid property.

Small local Irish businesses and usual people facing bankruptcy and loss of jobs or health issues till the end of life if not dead.

All I can hear is selfishness and f big ego, I wanna travel, I wanna eat, back to normal :)

People still didn't get it.

There is not anymore option: It cant happen to me or just once this time.

All of us know down deep in each of us that they introducing path of nonstop injections with no changes at all.

Only two option Love or Fear.

I choose daily dose fear from news then meeting friends whom also digest daily fear cadence and after 2 years nonstop bashing about C19 i finally getting my experimental vacicne.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,217 ✭✭✭Padre_Pio

It's worth noting that you're cherrypicking your arguments.

There are dozens of COVID conspiracy theories that are complete nonsense. Picking one that might have an element of truth to prove the rest is a false argument.

A study published in October 2020 in the Journal for Clinical Infectious Diseases measured the virus lasting up to nine hours on human skin. At the risk of asking a stupid question, you understand that the virus spreads when the hands come in contact with the face?

https://academic.oup.com/cid/advance-article/doi/10.1093/cid/ciaa1517/5917611

I was responding to what you posted, not the news segment. Hopefully you now have some grasp of the distinction between an infection only affecting the upper respiratory tract, and one that spreads to the lungs. Clowns and scum would have got this by now, we have to wait a while longer for you it appears.

Just to be clear, are you saying insurers/lenders will refuse cover/finance if you get the Covid vaccine?

Hand to nose , nose to lungs. Are you of the belief that the covid virus can stay on the nose for up to 9 hours without infecting the lungs? Is that what you're telling me?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,859 ✭✭✭growleaves

• Advertisement

What I am doing my best to explain to you, with little success, is that for the majority , the infection/symptoms are limited to the upper respiratory tract. In some, unfortunately the lungs become severely affected and they end up in hospital/ICU with breathing difficulties, this may be the reference to the “nose” and “lung” type infections that the interviewee was referring to. You asked how long the virus can stay viable on hands, I linked a study which precisely answers your question.

Advertisement