Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cyberpunk - CD Project Red

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,749 ✭✭✭Smiles35

First time around I did a pisol build. Had the best pistol in the game worked out and everything. This time I'm just playing slowly now, bemoning the grind to domination once again. Aparently a feture they will be adding is you will be able to restart the game with all your stats as you left them on the first run.

• Registered Users Posts: 870 ✭✭✭DarkJager21

Yeah there is an NG+ mode coming soon, I'll defo be doing a 2nd run through at some point down the road. I have nearly 50 hours playtime, level 30 something and I haven't even met Takemura for Gimme Danger yet 😂

Mods are on the go! Immersive Roleplay is the name of this one. Look at the list of elements this modder is trying to pull off. https://www.nexusmods.com/cyberpunk2077/mods/1339

- Gang Wars

- Multiplayer feature

- Flying AV

- Custom Quests

- Taxi mission and service

- Team building

- Custom house, housing and interaction

That sounds brilliant, not jealous at all playing on PS4! Haha. Just did the Sinnerman side quest this evening, **** I was not expecting that end to it :D

I've started a little 'writers group' for those interested in doing Cyberpunk writing. Actual scenario writing for the game. It's just something to do in spare time for me and I thought some others might be in the same boat as myself in regards wanting to get something down.

It's not for extremely prolific writers really. in fact, the less the better as others like myself will want to fully take in the scenarios to offer thought.

Give me a shout via pm if interested. We will be using GDocs and the only condition is you need a gmail.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,108 ✭✭✭johnnysmack

Is this game working yet or still broken? Down to €35 in smyths so wondering if it's worth a go.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,145 ✭✭✭_CreeD_

Depends on your platform. I went back to it about 6 weeks or so ago on PC and technically it was fine, a few small bugs but nothing game breaking, mostly just stupid physics and cosmetic glitches. The game itself is good but not great imho. On sale, 40 or less on a decent PC then sure otherwise nope.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,967 ✭✭✭Cordell

It's as fixed as it's ever gonna be and e35 is a reasonable deal for what it is.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,839 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

Patch 1.3 incoming. I get they're trying to be clever with integrated the fixes as real night city problems but Jesus, just list the fixes please. Here's what i found.

https://www.cyberpunk.net/en/news/39089/whats-new-in-night-city-patch-1-3-development-insight

With the new minimap system software update you are able to see more and navigate better.

I think they spend 3 paragraphs nattering on about the choice of doll in a certain mission being clearer now. I do remember v googling the names to make site i picked the one i wanted.

Something about builds.

“For our players, this feature will mean safer experimentation with builds. It is easily accessible and affordable for everyone, so there is no need to hesitate while investing in particular perks.”

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 35,078 Mod ✭✭✭✭AlmightyCushion

That last one is to do with the perk reset chip. It used to cost 100,000 but they either making it cheaper or offering a cheaper alternative.

• Advertisement

Sounds like a new gameplay mechanic, "personal coaches" you can spend money on (maybe to level attributes?).

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 35,078 Mod ✭✭✭✭AlmightyCushion

Nope. They are just making the perk reset chip cheaper.

I've seen that Tabula Rasa thing a few times but haven't used it, does it just reset perks or attribute points as well? Nearly finished my first playthrough but I'd love to do a full respec for Brawler after the end game for the street fights.

Some amount of fixes here. Not sure whether to try it again or hold firm for next gen update.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,993 ✭✭✭EoinMcLovin

yeah I'm waiting for next gen, that's a crazy amount of fixes

Apparently their live stream was a shitshow showing off the new patch with npc's t posing and other bugs. Devs explaining why it took so long to have the minimap zoom out while driving blaming older consoles that they have to keep supporting.

Yeah, I'm gonna wait for the next gen update as well when they don't have to compromise, not holding my breath though.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,443 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

At this stage it’d be mad not to hold off til the next gen version if that’s an option for you. Graphics are most of what this game has going for it.

I really can't see it releasing in 21, surely gonna be an update to 'early 22' instead. Still no rush to play it, plenty of games out for the rest of the year anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,390 ✭✭✭✭martyos121

I’ll settle for one of either Cyberpunk or Witcher 3’s next gen upgrades to arrive before the end of this year, with the other one hopefully coming early next year. Releasing the two at once wouldn’t be very wise of CDPR and with season 2 of The Witcher coming to Netflix in December, they’ll surely want TW3 on next gen consoles around that time to maximise sales so I’d say you’re bang on with this being pushed out to ‘22 as a result.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,715 ✭✭✭✭klose

Lol an npc tposes for a split second on their live stream going through the latest patch, you literally couldn't write it.

https://www.reddit.com/r/cyberpunkgame/comments/p69f63/bravo_cdpr_just_wow/?utm_medium=android_app&utm_source=share

I have to say that in Watchdogs Legion the city looks more alive and the crowd / NPCs look and act more natural.

• Registered Users Posts: 213 ✭✭Davy05

I can't believe the first DLC they are gonna release is just some pointless cosmetic stuff... CDPR have really lost their way since releasing this game too early.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,118 ✭✭✭Royale with Cheese

I played the first few hours of the Xbox One version on Series X before deciding to wait for the next gen version. I'd be surprised if it was out this year at this stage but might as well keep waiting now.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,443 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

Granted I played CP2077 on PS5 rather than PC so there were limitations in terms of crowd sizes etc, but honestly walking through the central hub of The Ascent feels far more like a bustling cyberpunk metropolis than CP2077.

• Registered Users Posts: 38 Maxxx17

It's a beautiful gamе from the story and the music to the detail it's mesmerizing and makes you want to help V. It took me 20 hours to get through it and I almost cried at the end... Bugs are few I don't know why everyone says otherwise and the optimization is normal not on top hardware played at 60 FPS on medium settings. Yes the rendering distance is broken which sometimes loses it right in front of my eyes but otherwise I recommend it.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

Started a new game last night (previously completed 1.0 last year as Street Kid) so 1st time running it with all the patches, settings RTX High 4k everything at the highest settings.

Only as far as leaving the apartment after the 1st mission, game is running at 60 (last year ran at 60 on high with a few items knocked down) optimisation seems to have everything smoothed over (could be RTX didnt have that option last year) But it is defintley smoother on the framerate.

Will see how far I get before I get bored (completed it previously with all Sides and Bounties for all Bounty people done, got bored with the crime things).

Could even be mods to make it a better game out now.

"Bugs are few" - https://clips.twitch.tv/LittleNastyChickenPrimeMe-dQA_SE3TZeKe0buF

In 15 seconds, NPC sitting on invisible chair, NPC T-posing, NPC holding invisible object. 15 seconds, one room, latest patch. Imagine its state at launch. Well, don't imagine, have a look: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=omyoJ7onNrg

But TBH all in all it's not a bad game, story indeed is good (nowhere near Witcher good but still) and gameplay is fun. Performance is alright on high end PCs especially on newer Nvdia GPUs with DLSS, but on PS4/XBO it's still a disaster (no one cares about them now but at launch they were the last gen).

Advertisement