Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Pubs in the city post lockdown...what's the story?

Options
  • 16-08-2021 10:03am
    Registered Users Posts: 6,433 ✭✭✭

Since the pandemic, I have not been in the city for a pint but a group of friends (not from Cork) is visiting over the weekend and the onus is on me to have an idea of what pubs would be best for a group of 4 (40-year-old) lads to enjoy a few pints. Can anyone offer any suggestions for both nighttime and daytime? Do bookings need to be made or are walk-ins still possible? I presume capacity in pubs is limited and it would be a disaster to be wandering around the place trying to get into a pub.

Also, does anyone have any ideas for daytime pints and lunch? I was thinking The Anglers (if the weather was decent)?

Comments

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 2,606 Mod ✭✭✭✭horgan_p

Long valley is great for afternoon pints.

Mutton lane would be similar, but the long valley does food.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,433 ✭✭✭run_Forrest_run

thanks for that horgan_p, totally forgot about Long Valley, pint and a sambo.

• Registered Users Posts: 494 ✭✭timmyjimmy

Most are doing outdoor pints. My recommendations for outdoor are:

The Roundy

The Oval

The Shelbourne

El Fenix/Charlies

For pints and food, you can't really go wrong with the Fran Well and pizza.

TBH, don't really know what the craic is with indoor. We were in the Shelbourne last Friday and asked to move outside because there was a better atmosphere out front.

• Registered Users Posts: 535 ✭✭✭WHL

Just saw the weather forecast on RTE and it looks fairly wet for the weekend. I can’t really help on indoor pubs except to say that I had one visit to Larry Tompkins since it re-opened (no booking / had to show proof of vaccination / wear a mask moving around). Maybe wait for a few answers

• Registered Users Posts: 554 ✭✭✭Kerry25x

If you're looking for indoor drinks I'd recommend The Raven, Barbarosa, Oliver Plunkett, The Castle or Soho. Walk in's are possible even at the weekends especially for indoor tables but it's always nice to have a booking to be sure.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 214 ✭✭glog

FYI - Long Valley was closing at 9pm up to a about a week ago.

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 2,606 Mod ✭✭✭✭horgan_p

I've only ever been in there for afternoon beers, . And lunches. Savage sandwiches.so thanks for the update

• Registered Users Posts: 6,433 ✭✭✭run_Forrest_run

Thanks for the advice folks, thankfully the weather stayed dry so we ended up sitting outside at Barbarosa for food and pints on Saturday afternoon.

Advertisement