Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Kia Niro EV

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 193 ✭✭galaxy12

Charged at barely 10 % remaining . Drive Eco/Auto Regen with 80 % city and 20 % M50/M1 at speeds of 100 or lower . On Efficiency of about 12,3 in the last run before recharge .Almost always efficiency is higher on M50 with ACC on and set speeds on longer stretches'.

• Registered Users Posts: 905 ✭✭✭xboxdad

All that means is that their recent driving history differs from your driving history as that's what this calculation is based on.

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators Posts: 6,090 Mod ✭✭✭✭graememk

Yeah, your range is on what you normally do, If you end up having 500+ dont expect to drive across the country 500km!.. well unless you are doing city speeds ;)

Also.. I dont think we've ever purposely put the car in eco, screw that.

• Registered Users Posts: 895 ✭✭✭Busman Paddy Lasty

GOM now at 425 and 435 was the highest I've seen this year. Plenty of motorway driving and drove it like stole it the rest of the time. As above it is a Guess-O-Meter, if your doing motorway driving at 18kWh/100km it will readjust down very quickly.

The e Niro is listed as EUR38,337- is that what people are paying or are reductions forthcoming from dealers. Or is the reality that key extras are pushing it over the 40K mark?

Looks interesting considering KM range and reviews online etc

So this comes with an offer of 0% finance is that correct?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 193 ✭✭galaxy12

Yes 0 pc on HP.

I price you have listed above looks alright after considering grants.

Paid 35.8 few weeks back after seai and trade-in .

• Registered Users Posts: 618 ✭✭✭handpref

I was told quite categorically by three dealers the price on the Niro was €39,500 and €38,500 for the Esoul, no movement on that. That was a couple of weeks ago. The niro at that price with no led lights was out, was hoping for more from the esoul but the interior was dark and dated compared to the id3.

Both the niro and soul are on the old platform and the niro is due to be replaced next year. This may allow for price drops and some wriggle room. Let us know what offers you get. Three Kia dealers never got back to me, Liffey Valley were amazing in fairness to them.

I'm wondering what range the new e-Niro/EV4 will have. So far it seems the Ioniq 5 consumes a lot more at 130km/h than the e-Niro (30+ kWh). So approx 3 years of development and the dedicated EV platform didn't manage to bring the consumption down to a level when a bigger car consumes the same as a 3 years older ICE platform based smaller car. I'm hoping that's not truly the case and we'll get a true 500km winter motorway range finally with the e-Niro successor. (that's the only thing that I'm missing)

• Registered Users Posts: 618 ✭✭✭handpref

I hear you, if they put LED lights in the Niro I’d have one tomorrow- hard to beat it’s efficiency..

I was behind an Ioniq 5 on Tuesday and it’s a big beast of a car, not surprised consumption is the way it is, nice machine though.

• Registered Users Posts: 505 ✭✭✭stiofan85

I know it came up months ago, but had not read those posts... now I just want to vent my frustration:

Joined the €195 car wash "service" family today. Wish I'd read those pages before I booked it in.

"Your tyre thread depth is fine, as are your brakes. car is fine. money please".

Was a fairly sh*te car wash to say the least and took 5+ hours. Never again.

Grrrr...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19,518 ✭✭✭✭Krusty_Clown

Wait... You got your car washed during your service? 😆

To be fair, I paid €115, and they fixed a loose USB port connection and ran a software update, so I thought it was an ok deal.

It was the exact same for me. I even asked, what's the health of the battery. "It didn't need to be checked, it's a new car" - they said. Was the software updated I asked? "It didn't need to be updated" - was the answer. (my car is still running the old "green software" - but I'm somewhat relieved they didn't update to purple...). Some ppl on FB say it's normal practice at the dealer to rotate the tyres on the car. Haha, not at my dealer :)

We're paying to keep the warranty, that's the bottom line..

The car looked worse after the wash than before BTW.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,410 ✭✭✭chewed

What's considered a good price for an annual service? I was quoted €175 from the garage where I purchased mine.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,426 ✭✭✭JohnC.

• Registered Users Posts: 476 ✭✭icom

€99 for mine. including software update and wheels rotated.

• Registered Users Posts: 476 ✭✭icom

OK cheers! bit far from me, but good to know so I can inform my local Kia garage when my service is due.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,136 ✭✭✭championc

I was completely fleeced by Kia Liffey Valley with their standard priced €199. It was my first service, which needed the BMS upgrade, so I went ahead with it last March, but won't be next year.

Even though I gave them a copy of an invoice from a Donegal service, they wouldn't budge an inch.

Oh to have had a hidden camera to have seen what they actually did for their €199, but clearly an EV needs nothing like an ICE

• Registered Users Posts: 3,426 ✭✭✭JohnC.

I got a survey after my recent service. Mostly the usual guff you would expect, but at the end there was a question about how much I would like an online purchase of their cars in future. I suppose that means it’s something they’re looking at.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9 nefelodamon

Hi All,

I finally joined the club and couldn't be happier with our new E-Niro! Its a very nice car and very fun to drive!

I have a question to other E-Niro owners. Do you have the Intelligent Speed Limit Warning? This feature seems to be missing from my car, despite been advertised in the Irish Kia E-Niro page.

I am talking about the feature where the car camera recognizes the speed limit signs and displays that limit in the cluster behind the steering wheel (not the Satnav screen).

Also the setting is missing from the menu. I cannot find the “User settings --> Driver assistance --> Speed Limit Warning” as per manual.

When I called my dealer and asked he said that the Irish model does not have that function and the page is somewhat misleading.

Does anyone here in Ireland have that enabled? Please note that my car is MY21 (checked the VIN and indeed shows as manufactured in 2021).

Thanks!

my 2020 one has something like that. It doesnt beep at you or anything like that, Just shows the speed limit in the top left hand corner of the center screen of the dash behind the steering wheel.

I'll check it out this evening.

Out of curiosity, What software version did your Unit come with (The original green/blue with 3 panels, or the one thats purple?)

Thanks Graeme, I do get the speed limit in the center screen as well, but not in the screen behind the steering wheel. The one in center screen is the limit that the satnav maps have for that road, but the one in the steering wheel is supposed to be the one that the car camera recognizes from the road signs.

My car came with the Green/Blue 3-pannel one. Dealer couldn't update it before I picked up the car so I need to visit again soon for the update to the purple version. The version the car is currently in is:

Model: DEAE.S5BLC.AEU

Software: DE_E_20.S5W_L.001.001.191204

Firmware: DE_E_20.EUR.02.200117.MICOM

Nav App: STD5W.EUR.KMC.191119.7074eb6

Map: EUR.12.41.47.551.401.2(D.F9/E.F9)

MKBD Software: 01.01

I had a 202 model and it had this feature. It displayed the speed limit on the GOM on the bottom left. I now have a 211 model and for some reason, they have removed this. I have no idea why they would have done this as I found it quite handy (albeit though, that sometimes the limits shown were incorrect).

Ah it could be the bottom left on mine - I know ive seen it anyway.

The green 3 panel one is fairly old now too. - I'm planning on putting the june 21 on sometime this week.

Strange that they removed it. Does the 211/212 models have heated rear seats?

This is the icon I am talking about (photo taken from internet):

Are you updating the software to the new version yourself?

Also, yes, the 212 comes with the heated rear seats.

Ah, so its not only on mine. That's a bummer, but not the end of the world I guess.

yep thats the badger.

Yeah updating it myself, The files are on the UK E Niro facebook page ( well a link to the google drive zip file, its about 26GB)

All you need is a big enough usb key, (32gb or more)

I wonder what else they changed.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 19,024 Mod ✭✭✭✭slave1

26gig!!! Complete operating systems are a fraction of that, that's massive

My stuff for sale on Adverts inc. EDDI, hot water cylinder, roof rails...

Public Profile active ads for slave1 (adverts.ie)

Its mainly the map update, the Navi_eu folder is the majority of it.

• Advertisement

I am really tempted to do this update my self now. Will save me a trip to the dealer and the wait.

Are there any issues you found after your update? I suppose it will work ok for the MY21?

Advertisement