Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Are we excited yet?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,382 ✭✭✭FFVII

Where in the name of satans ghost are you pulling those numbers out of? 😲

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 691 ✭✭✭jmlad2020

Many analysts/experts are predicting a 100k Bitcoin price at the end of the year.

180k is a hypothetical "shooting our load early" event. Who knows what to expect? A Bitcoin ETF approval will send it sky high. It could happen this year.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,010 ✭✭✭GooglePlus

Was there this much institutional buy in back in 2013, I don't remember it being the same. I get that human nature can be predictable but the environment is completely different now, so I'm just wondering how it makes sense to look back at a completely different landscape in 2013 and say it aligns with today.

The world is unrecognisable today compared to 2013, from social media, society and all the way through to the financial world. Do these massive differences not skew predictions if looking back to the past?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 423 ✭✭HGVRHKYY

I'm still completely bullish into 2022, I like seeing the daily updates on this chart:

(which isn't a price prediction model, in case anyone can't interpret charts) to compare how far along into the current cycle we are compared with the previous ones. If we have actually already hit the cycle top and it just fades into another multi year bear market from here it'll just feel extremely surprising and a big letdown. Feels overly bearish to think that's it for this cycle though. Definitely don't think we'll be seeing $100k before EOY either though, would want to get moving now if that's the case

This halving thing is a load of nonsense surely. If the price followed that for every halving bitcoin would be worth a literally impossible amount after a few more halvings. It's only happened, what, three times so far? If I did a survey and only had a sample size of 3 people, would you put any credence into the results?

• Advertisement

Each halving has a direct, pre programmed impact in the new supply which furthers the scarcity. How's that nonsense? If the supply is suddenly reduced, and demand picks up in the future after that reduction, the price will obviously go up

And if the price followed what? The price isn't following anything, each bull run is unique, but what isn't unique is the general timing of the bull runs - after each halving. Only way to see how the returns compare with the previous bull runs is by waiting to see how this one goes and looking at charts like the above

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,601 ✭✭✭✭fritzelly

Bit like printing billions of dollars just to stimulate the economy hmmm....

I think I was being a bit too general. Tokenomics are obviously important. The initial price prediction based on the halving is nonsense. BTC will apparently follow the same price pattern after each halving. That is why people are predicting 100k+ this bullrun. You see it everywhere. For that pattern to follow, I can't remember the exact numbers but after a few more halvings, BTC is worth trillions, which I hope we can agree is nonsense.

• Registered Users Posts: 386 ✭✭mcriot29

does any one know how is there a limit to how much you can have on coinbase account if I have bitcoin and it’s coming near the 30k value

is says this on the website

European customers may have a maximum of €30,000 euro in their account at any time

does this mean cash euro

or total amount with bitcoin value etc

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,309 ✭✭✭✭wotzgoingon

Give me your login details and I will help you out.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,911 ✭✭✭Grumpypants

I tend to lean towards the idea of the cycles getting longer and returns diminishing, since obviously the larger BTCs marketcap gets, the more money is required to push it higher, and hopefully the more stable/less volatile. I think a lot of people take the overall marketcap into consideration more so than the price trajectory of the previous bull runs and the individual price per BTC - for example, do you think BTCs marketcap can hit ~$2n? I definitely do, and that would make BTC $100k per coin. There are some ridiculous long-term price predictions for sure but I just ignore those

Just reading about Visa's debit and credit cards that hook up to your crypto and let you spend it in any store. They did 1billionn in transactions in 2021.

1 bill is small in the over all visa world but for a product I didn't even know existed it is pretty good.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,672 ✭✭✭seannash

• Registered Users Posts: 811 ✭✭✭Tango One

Defi, NFT and now gamefi. Is gamefi the next emperors new clothes.

Are any of the games with crypto involved actually any good? Axie Infinity is awful

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,432 ✭✭✭weemcd

Anyone who bought dips in May, June into July should be sitting pretty atm. I'm about 80% up from the bottom, or about 20% in profit now. Very Bullish.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,251 ✭✭✭massdebater

Yeah that 10-12 week dip was a great opportunity to load up for anyone who's bullish on crypto longer term. Things change quickly with such a volatile asset though so don't be afraid to take some profits along the way

Well done on the recovery!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,432 ✭✭✭weemcd

Cheers, it's nothing to write home about yet but I'm glad I stuck to the plan, bought a little in the dip and held on. Even as recently as a week or two ago I saw some people getting out of ADA now we see it at ATH's....

I genuinely think DCA with a little extra on the dips if I can will continue to be my best strategy. It just requires patience...

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 7,716 Mod ✭✭✭✭delly

My €300 has now broken even. When at the lowest loss of value, I swore I'd sell as soon as, or if I broken even again. Of course I'm not selling now though, to the moon as you folks say!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,046 ✭✭✭Unearthly

Coinbase invested 500 million into crypto assets and will continue to dca 10% of their quarterly net income into a diverse portfolio.

More good news

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,601 ✭✭✭✭fritzelly

Looking good for 50k today

Bought some DOT at $12ish in the dip, looking very nice now

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,211 ✭✭✭✭Suckit

For kicks, back to €40k by tomorrow night, €38-€39 by Sunday, and then lift off.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.forbes.com/sites/emilymason/2021/08/17/visas-54-bitcoin-linked-cards-pave-the-way-for-younger-generations-to-spend-growing-crypto-wealth/amp/

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,251 ✭✭✭massdebater

Big range of predictions here! I don't see it dropping 20+% overnight but it's happened before. I reckon we'll see 50k before 40k.

DOT at 12 was blessed, well done! My average there is 33 still, I focused on a few others during the dip but happy to see a resurgence

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,211 ✭✭✭✭Suckit

• Registered Users Posts: 386 ✭✭mcriot29

Anyone any views on why eos is not moving or litecoin yet rest are all up

I’m sorry I bought eos

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,420 ✭✭✭Doodee

Same. Took out my initial investment from profits in crypto and decided to use a little to get some dot. Was one of my better decisions.

spread bet now on Eth, Ada and Dot.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,382 ✭✭✭FFVII

we are still in a time where you can have bought just about anything and be up.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,010 ✭✭✭GooglePlus

Unsure about what to do with my Bitcoin. Bought €2.5 worth at around $30k, up near €4.5k now and i'd happily leave it to see if Bitcoin does eventually hit 100k but even if it did, i'm not making a whole lot of money after tax is paid.

Would I be better of trying to trade or leaving it all in with the hopes that it does reach the 100k, 250k etc. in the distant future.

I see people often advise of "taking profits" how does that work exactly? If I take profits now of 2k, i'm diminishing the gain potential of by BTC a fair bit. Half thinking of moving over to Tether and gambling on another crash to buy back in..

Advertisement