Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Stage 4: Medical & Physical

1184185186187188190»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14 EdvinasS

Has everyone that done and passed the medical had their meeting with the local guard or is there people like myself still waiting to have the meeting

I had all my meetings before the fitness & medical, i think its different for everyone.

• Registered Users Posts: 16 Gwhizz26

Hi all, I passed my interview for the 2019 recruitment. Any Idea how long it will take until the next stage?

• Registered Users Posts: 72 ✭✭Lcass

How did you find the interview?

• Registered Users Posts: 16 Gwhizz26

Lcass wrote: »
    How did you find the interview?

I found it quite tough, they ask a lot of on the spot questions, you have to be able to think on the spot and not depend on your prepared scanarios. I came out of it not knowing how well it went, ended up getting a good oom so I was very happy.

• Registered Users Posts: 72 ✭✭Lcass

Gwhizz26 wrote: »
    I found it quite tough, they ask a lot of on the spot questions, you have to be able to think on the spot and not depend on your prepared scanarios. I came out of it not knowing how well it went, ended up getting a good oom so I was very happy.

Congratulations anyway 👋👋

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 28 willa25

Hi all, looking for some advice here. Not sure if it's the right section. Anyway, here goes. My son had his medical last week and his BP was high and he had haematuria, (blood in urine). BP is probably white collar syndrome to be honest but haematuria could be a hereditary condition. He needs to do a 24 BP monitor and repeat urinalysis. Will he still fail If BP is ok but urine not. Would he be deferred pending further investigation. Anyone else have experience of this. Thanks in advance.

If he still has the Haematuria which is unexplained, he will be unable to proceed, even if the BP comes back into the accepted range.

The only advice I can offer would be to pursue getting a confirmed cause for the Haematuria as soon as possible, depending on what that cause is (you mentioned a potential genetic link there), the Doctor may elect to pass him, but almost certainly will not be able to without clarity.

Not what I wanted to hear but did suspect this may be the case. Probably inherited it from me, a form of nephritis that has remained stable and unchanged for 25+ years. Even if his gp writes a letter explaining this, it probably won't be enough. Very disappointing after waiting 2 years to get this far. Thanks for the input.

I wouldnt rule out his success on that basis alone, having the clarity will help the doc make an informed decision. Dont lose hope just yet.

Hope everything works out, and give us a shout if you need anything else.

Thanks a mil. Really appreciate it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 153 ✭✭imp1

Anyone got any tips on best way to prepare / train for the push and pull???

Advertisement