Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Hyundai Ioniq 5

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,049 ✭✭✭Pique

While V2L is a cool feature, I don't see it being a dealbreaker for many people. I think it's a feature that may be used occasionally by some, but there's a lot of comments on it in this thread which I think is a bit disproportionate in comparison to the number of people who would actually use it with any frequency.

In my view, the panoramic glass roof is a much more appealing feature that's also reserved for the top of the line models and even something as simple as electrochromatic (auto-dimming) rear view mirrors are only on Premium models but come as standard on the Kona EV and the cheaper Tucson diesel.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,901 ✭✭✭✭ELM327

Realistically as it stands it's probably not much use beyond novelty.

However if I had it on my car, I'd be getting my house wired in such a way that I can connect to it using a 16a CEE plug in case of power outages. Think of it as a 50kWh home storage backup!

• Registered Users Posts: 23,491 ✭✭✭✭ted1

Is that legal? Do you not need a grid tied inverter that prevents you from feeding into a dead grid and potentially electrocuting any linesman working in restoring the power?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,485 ✭✭✭Oafley Jones

Where are you seeing this. Hyundai Ireland have it listed as standard on both premium plus RWD and AWD.

No idea, it's only an idea that is in my head at the moment. People connect storage batteries all the time, so there must be a way of doing it

• Advertisement

Seems my memory was incorrect, it's optional on both premium specs, you are correct

(OT/also : has the new boards version removed the option to double quote? I seem to have to make multiple posts to reply to each quoted one)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,337 ✭✭✭80sDiesel

Has anyone here ordered one ?

A man is rich in proportion to the number of things which he can afford to let alone.

• Registered Users Posts: 214 ✭✭turnfan

A massive improvement on the button between the seats that was in the original Ioniq. In that car you needed to look down to select the right gear in that setup, which is far from ideal

I found it the exact opposite test driving the Ioniq 5. With the 3 button configuration in the original Ioniq you learn the layout and never look down. (Right now I can't tell you what that is.. but in the car I can 😁

With a wheel / dial set up, you have to refer to the dash or other area to know what you've done every time.

Bootspace is disappointing for what otherwise is a great looking car. Still pricey as hell though! A tough call between ID4 and it once the specs are all added up.

• Registered Users Posts: 214 ✭✭pdpmur

Backfeeding is strictly speaking a bit naughty, for the reason that you point out. But in an emergency it can be done with relative safety as long as your local circuit can handle the current and if the main circuit breaker is manually tripped beforehand. The downsides are that you won't be aware of exactly when the mains power is restored (and of course you might need the car battery for driving somewhere).

• Registered Users Posts: 35,939 ✭✭✭✭BorneTobyWilde

51 psi. A lot, not sure it will help ride though at correct psi. Ride is firm normally looks like

''Hyundai has of late offered a slightly harder ride on its cars, and you certainly get more vibration feel and engagement from the Ioniq’s set-up. However, the end result is not as smooth as its arch-rival Volkswagen, which manages to waft over aggressive speed bumps that deliver more of a thud in the Hyundai''

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators Posts: 6,027 Mod ✭✭✭✭graememk

If you get your house wired up correctly its perfectly fine, Its the same as having a portable generator, you have a generator switch installed which isolates the grid from your house.

Anything grid tied shuts down if there is a grid failure.

• Registered Users Posts: 310 ✭✭drumm23

can't believe the tyres were at 50psi - that is absolutely bonkers 😮

• Registered Users Posts: 310 ✭✭drumm23

at €39k on the road with a reasonable PCP structure they are going to sell bazillions of them

• Registered Users Posts: 3,224 ✭✭✭Kramer

Also the on the road price was confirmed to me as €38,995 which is very good value in my book for a car this size with a good range, super fast charging and a 58kWh battery

The Premium is listed on Hyundai's site at €45k, plus delivery etc.

IONIQ 5 Premium 58 ........€44,995

The €39k spec doesn't even have a heat pump or even a fraction of the driver aids/tech the 2016 Ioniq had, for just €25k 🤨

• Registered Users Posts: 3,224 ✭✭✭Kramer

CP Monthly from €396*

€37,995

RETAIL PRICE† (EX. DELIVERY AND RELATED CHARGES)†

€13,298

CUSTOMER DEPOSIT / PART EXCHANGE

€25,547

FINANCE AMOUNT

€396

36 MONTHLY PAYMENTS OF

MONTH TERM

€14,818

GMFV†† (OPTIONAL FINAL PAYMENT)

€3,590.79

TOTAL COST OF CREDIT

5.9%

APR %* (Fixed)

I'm not sure looking at their PCP offering here:

€14k deposit & almost €800/month depreciation for a €27k loss over 3 years.

That's for no heat pump, manual cloth seats etc. That spec doesn't even have an auto dimming rear view mirror!

• Registered Users Posts: 23,491 ✭✭✭✭ted1

The GMFV is the minimum value. You’ll get more than that.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,337 ✭✭✭80sDiesel

And yet I have yet to read anyone here ordering one.

A man is rich in proportion to the number of things which he can afford to let alone.

I was considering it but the variant I want is too expensive for what it is , in part due to the grant nuances.

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 654 CMod ✭✭✭✭LIGHTNING

I saw one down in Mondello and they are quite stunning in real life. I've been keeping an eye on them for a bit and I think they are awesome looking motors

The only thing guaranteed about the GFMV is that is what it will cost to buy the car, there's no guarantees that it will be worth more especially if you go back to a different dealer to say VW or BMW etc.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19,993 ✭✭✭✭Cyrus

in my experience you are far more likely to get more by going back to someone else rather than the manufacturer you bought from originally!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,116 ✭✭✭BigAl81

I showed her indoors the Ioniq 5 on YouTube this evening and her interest was piqued, piqued I say.

I've emailed our dealer to see if they'll take back her 211 38kWh Ioniq and the cost to change if so.

I'll report back here when I hear!

• Registered Users Posts: 28,009 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

Nobby appears impressed anyway!!

https://youtu.be/BOMZLZFvP4M

Not sure why this isn't embedding.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,894 ✭✭✭✭listermint

• Registered Users Posts: 65,317 ✭✭✭✭unkel
    Chauffe, Marcel, chauffe!

The sticker in the door of the Ioniq 5 said the pressures should be 36 (unless the car is fully loaded, then a bit more, can't remember the figure)

• Registered Users Posts: 33,894 ✭✭✭✭listermint

• Registered Users Posts: 5,799 ✭✭✭Old diesel

Perhaps inflated more then normal for transport????.

I remember seeing a brand new Primera in the 90s with a sticker warning of tyres inflated to higher pressure for transport.

Obviously the dealer should have rectified this before handing the car to a customer or potential customer.

Looks very sloppy

• Registered Users Posts: 271 ✭✭tomister

Took one for a test drive yesterday. Checked the tyres before I left thanks to Unkel's callout and they were 39 all round. Great car to drive, found it very quiet but comfortable. Dealer said they're only allocated 11 cars for the first few deliveries and thats across a mix of specs and battery size.

I'm looking at the 58kw in premium and I only had two cars to choose from. Back in on Monday to talk about trade in for the Tucson and timelines etc but looks to be a runner

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 65,317 ✭✭✭✭unkel
    Chauffe, Marcel, chauffe!

Yes indeed I found it very quiet too. That says a lot about the build quality.

Advertisement