Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

FedEx charges seem high

Options
  • 18-08-2021 9:04am

Hi guys. So a few days a ordered some foam ear tips for my Sennheiser earphones. I ordered directly from Comply USA. The tips themselves were $25 and I paid $17 for super quick shipping. So $42 which is €35 overall. I got an email today from FedEx looking for €20 for import fees. This seems a bit excessive to me. Anyway I can find a breakdown of the fees or challenge it.

Comments

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 14,928 Mod ✭✭✭✭whiterebel

VAT is €8-9. The rest is their customs clearance charge. FedEx should have contact details on the email.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,731 ✭✭✭Allinall

There may well be duty payable as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,817 ✭✭✭Darc19

not for goods under €150.

Vat @ 23% on the landed cost and the customs entry fee. Seems correct or a little below what I would expect (fees were 13.50 + 13.5% vat + €8 vat on goods - about €23.50)

Advertisement