Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Oulwans n' Oulfellas Rock On!

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 76,783 Mod ✭✭✭✭New Home

Excuse meee! Snowmen, snow, Christmas, Three Wise Men, camels. Duh. 😁

• Registered Users Posts: 1,393 ✭✭✭Red Hare

I only opted for Snowman because I could use the snow to clean any of the camel poo that I might get on my outfit! And because JellyBean was going hippy , and as hippies used to often end up in the nip - I thought I worlds be fitting in with JB ( not the my figure would look hippie or twiggy- but definitely roundy like snowman).

Now that Looksee is going Victorian Burlesque in her svelt corset, what outfit are you going to wear New Home? I think I might need to knit myself a lacy scarf to glam up a bit, cause the competition is getting hot, for best dressed oulwan and oulfella 💋

• Registered Users Posts: 28,379 ✭✭✭✭looksee

That would be the six - or possibly four - degrees of separation then? 😀

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 76,783 Mod ✭✭✭✭New Home

Pyjamas. Possibly fluffy ones, depending on the weather. Comfort is more important than glamour, to me. Plus, they go well with the rest of my "crazy cat lady" look I've cultivated for so long. Fluffy slippers, too, and maybe even a hot water bottle.

Should we compile a playlist of Music for out festival? or will we splash out and hire a band?

• Advertisement

I propose we only have the "mahnah mahnah" song on loop, but then interspersing it with "happy birthday" (no longer subject to copyright) here and there. Nobody will expect it! We'd be sooo cool.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,637 ✭✭✭✭OldGoat

I usually read the site every weekday. I'm a lurker. :)

In burlesque terms a sweeper-upper if referred to as a knicker-picker.

Also, I'm pretty sure I have numerous photos of me in sequins and glitter. Be careful what you wish for as ye might just get it. ;)

I'm older than Minecraft goats.

Knicker picker... Yeeeees. Think I won't ask🤔

I would love to see the photo's of Old Goat! If they throw their knickers at you - I will duly pick them up and give them to you ?

Our festival could be a "Show n Tell"?

• Registered Users Posts: 918 ✭✭✭Jellybaby_1

How do, OG! Stop peeping from behind that door and gerrin here! I nominate you for thrower-outer for throwing out troublemakers! 😊 For music we should have live music, with alive bands and also include those who are no longer 'live', viz., Roy Orbison, Elvis, Phil Lynnot might like to come, plus the full line-up of the Beatles. Plenty other alive ones too to chose from. If none of them will come, someone can bring a record-player or reel-to-reel tape recorder! Ooo I'm getting so excited about this now. 🤪

• Advertisement

Can we have Jim Reeves? I lurved Jim Reeves. I have a memory of sitting in a bit of remote North Yorkshire moorland with a bunch of friends - we were camping near my uncle's farm - listening to Radio Luxemburg and the dj announced he had been killed in an plane crash. Maybe we could get his spirit back and his lovely voice could entertain us.

That was nice, and mellow!

The Spirit of Jim Reeves, The half n half - dead or alive Beatles ( quite a concept album there ) Radio Luxemburg, record players and tapes - the festival is shaping up.

Is it possible to do Burlesque to " put your sweet lips a little closer to the phone' ? - I think it is possible, actually very possible, but maybe doesn't accurately reflect the spirit of Jim. How about a Variety Festival like the " Royal Variety Performance " with Jim and Burlesque and Punk!. , or like the week of the Proms on BBC - Ringo and Paul could perform live alongside video footage of John George - we better ask Yoko to help co-ordinate this.

I remember the old music they used to play on Radio Eireann early in the morning before the - opening time tune came on - Eileen O' there big fish in the Sea, Oh the days of the Kerry dancing, Down by the Sally Gardens, Nelson Eddie and Jenette Ms Donald . Does anyone remember Alway - I'll be loving you always, with a love that's true always - I think it was number one in 1926 when Number ones were sold not as records but as sheet music?

Judy Garland 's - the Man that got away is timeless song. An old friend told me he saw Judy live in the Theatre Royal Dublin and at one point she sat on the stage and sang this song .. he said she was fantastic.

Don't forget about Heavy metal - l wanna headbang too 😁

Oh yeah, hope Judy could come too, plus my all time favourites, Dusty, and Streisand!! Wow what a line-up! There used to be so many female singers I loved, but I couldn't take to Lulu or Cilla at all. I could make the tea when the Heavy Metal starts, headbanging just gives me a headache.

Topical Newsflash *** Diana Ross has a new Album and New Single* All new material - super mega owl wan is Ms Ross. ⚡️

We have the food, the drink, the music and the clothes. Did anyone set a DATE?!!

I haven't had a date in years.

Me Neither!

• Registered Users Posts: 12,637 ✭✭✭✭OldGoat

• Advertisement

Don't look now JB, but I think we are being flirted with !

You should take it and be grateful, some of us don't even get as much as that.

Poor me, sob, sob, etc.

It's been sooo long since I saw a real flirt! Not sure I could detect one now I'm afraid. OG, could you try again please so I can make up my mind? Thanks in advance.

Looks like the great idea is plumb tuckered out! No date, and nobody interested. That's sad. 😢

Opps - i’m interested! I found it hard to find ye here again ( i am slow learner with the new layout). i am up for any date , but I will be on holidays next week in Kerry - i can,t wait at this stage!

we could set a date , and invite people to our festival on eventbrite or twitter or even Tinder! 🤫

It seems Eventbrite is the way to go nowadays! How much are we charging in, or will entry be by bribe?

thats a good question JB1!

Typical me, has no answers, how about “admission free but subject to bribery demands!” 🦴❤️♦️🏅🎩

• Advertisement

I think 'open to bribery offers' might be a bit more subtle!😀

Post edited by looksee on

Advertisement