Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

AEW - All Elite Wrestling (*Spoilers for Latest Show*)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 20,753 ✭✭✭✭beakerjoe

I dont think they will be running ads during SD but any ad is fine once it has Living Colour playing behind it

• Registered Users Posts: 29,077 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

For anyone who watched the new BTE, were they teasing Bryan with those figure?

• Registered Users Posts: 48,990 ✭✭✭✭Lithium93_

Rosa on commentary. Looks like she'll be fighting Penelope Ford.

Did they play the wrong music when Orange Cassidy came out for the save?

I don't normally watch Sammy's vlog but watched this week to see what happened after Fuego got the contract. Seems he genuinely didn't know he was getting one.

Post edited by CastorTroy on

I'll one thing about AEW, they appear to he learning from WWEs wrongs when it comes to classy moves.

From Del Sol, to how they handled Brodies death to treat their talent in general, they appear to be making mostly all the right moves.

• Advertisement

Tanahashi has a match on September 4th in Japan so he won't be facing Moxley at All Out by the looks of it.

I thought the card was obvious a few weeks ago

Hangman Vs Omega

Moxley Vs Tanahashi

Jericho Vs MJF

But it looks like none of those matches will be on the show haha

Is Omega Vs Christian the only match announced so far or have I forgotten other matches announced?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,927 ✭✭✭Cherry_Cola

From what you see on the Vlogs also - it seems like AEW pays travel and hotel costs which seems a big perk compared to WWE and how even talent like Bailey have gone on record publicly stating they have to pay/drive their own way.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,637 ✭✭✭RollieFingers

2.0 have signed with the company according to Jericho. Well deserved, been very entertaining the last few weeks.

The tag division is absolutely stacked now.

• Registered Users Posts: 54,282 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

Card for Dynamite

Five Labours Of Jericho Pt. 5: Chris Jericho vs. MJF

World Tag Team Titles: The Young Bucks (c) vs. Jurassic Express

Texas Tornado Tag: Darby Allin and Sting vs. 2point0

Ricky Starks vs. Brian Cage

Shawn Spears vs. Sammy Guevara

Thunder Rosa vs. Penelope Ford

Britt Baker vs. TBC

Good card, looking forward to the tag team title match

• Registered Users Posts: 60,601 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Just as Dynamite goes off the air tonight you hear "Look in my eyes" as the shot goes dark.

Starks & Cage is a PPV match there has to be some sort of shenanigans going to happen there.

• Advertisement

Britt doing an open challenge?

I thought Starks and Cage was a confrontation rather than a match.

She did reply to Kenny on twitter which had a pic of him and Deonna. She said bring her to AEW with you so could be her perhaps.

I haven't seen anything about a Starks/Cage match or a Britt Baker match??

• Registered Users Posts: 48,990 ✭✭✭✭Lithium93_

IF they're going to do that. I'd rather they went with this to be honest, nothing against Living Colour.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,952 ✭✭✭Monokne

• Registered Users Posts: 8,873 ✭✭✭johnnyryan89

What an opening to tonight's show.

Must be the first time I've found myself invested in a Shawn Spears singles match. That was a belter of a match.

AEW are delivering tonight. Jurassic Express are so over. Jungle Boy is gonna be a star, and the Elite are such ****.

They packed a lot into that show. Almost too much with all the interviews. Christ I love the Dan Lambert promos but the action and involvement of the actual UFC stars so far has been a disappointment. Daniel Garcia getting the rocket strapped to him, he's great so Rampage should be good. Where is Shida also? She has disappeared to the B shows since losing the title, surely there's another feud she can be in.

They almost need more TV to feature half the people they have. It's so stacked!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,181 ✭✭✭The White Wolf

If Shida has disappeared to the back so to speak then it's not the worst idea. I know there's a balance but I'd take that over the over exposure you see in the other company, where people end up sick of seeing Drew and Charlotte.

Letting someone deflate after a title loss only to bring them back to the forefront in an interesting feud down the road seems like a decent strategy to me.

• Registered Users Posts: 86,421 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Jericho putting MJF over, is there another match going to happen?

• Registered Users Posts: 211 ✭✭Davy05

Another stacked Dynamite. Really enjoyed the opener more than I would, and fair play to Sting who can still really perform well considering his age. This Friday's Rampage has me more excited than I have been in a long time about wrestling!

Dante Martin is a good example of someone making the best out of his tag team partner being injured. Where would he be if that hadn't happened? I know they'd likely be in that tournament somewhere, but he's getting so much experience now as a singles competitor while he's young. And he seems to finally be enjoying it at last. He always looked so serious but think his match on Dark this week was one of the first times I saw him smile.

Penelope did not look ready for a match when she came out. Thought she was just going to do a promo. Not that I was complaining. So they going to start Rosa on return to the title picture now she's signed?

Pam said yes to Sammy after all the weeks he would spend asking the likes of Arian Grande to hit him up?

So if Punk is to make an appearance, how should they do it? The matches will need to be constantly entertaining to stop the fans chanting his name all night, if they don't do it near the beginning.

Oh and Kiera Hogan seems to be getting exposure anyway if she has a Rampage match now against Jade.

• Registered Users Posts: 60,601 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

2.0 might have come in hotter than anyone before them.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,952 ✭✭✭Monokne

Just watching the show now.

Glad to see they protected Shaun Spears well for his upcoming Wrestlemania main event 😂 why is he kicking out of top rope diamond cutters and giant guard rail bumps and 450 splashes in the second match on the show? Boy that was bad.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,455 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

"So if Punk is to make an appearance, how should they do it? The matches will need to be constantly entertaining to stop the fans chanting his name all night, if they don't do it near the beginning."

Surely they have to start the show with whatever segment he's in. Anything else will just have the fans drowning out the show. But then....how do you follow it too? It kind of has to end the show as well.

Can it just be an hour long promo & segment with Darby?

That's just it. Do they just have Tony introduce him? Show opens with his music hitting with no intro? Looking at the matches, it seems Mox is the only one he would come out for if that's the route they take.

At this point I think he will get his own segment rather than during our after a match.

• Registered Users Posts: 54,282 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

What a superb show, the crowd and wrestlers were pumped for it

The opening match, I really loved. I love Sting and just fills me with joy to see how good this guy still is and AEW are doing a brilliant job with him. Sting has been a brilliant foil for Darby too.

2.0 what can you say about these guys? It's amazing how they go from doing nothing in NXT to having 3 big matches in the past 3 weeks in Dynamite. I haven't heard much of them prior to AEW but they've made a big fan out of me. Funny guys and really good workers and loved the match with Darby and Sting.

Some great spots in this match, Darby getting flap jacked into high rise wall, Darby getting suplex into a skateboard.

The Young Bucks vs. Jurassic Express

Superb match and the Bucks are just on fire with their heel work. I love the booking for the tag tournament to see who'll face them at All Out in a cage match.

Shawn Spears vs. Sammy Guevara

This match absolute knocked it out of the park, Sammy coming out of it a real star and is really over.

Delighted MJF won, it was the right move and they need to get him with the Pinnacle away from The Inner Circle and start going for the Gold.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,128 ✭✭✭ThePott

Thought that was a solid but not spectacular Dynamite.

Darby and Sting vs 2.0 was excellent. They're really proving that WWE were dumb to let them go. Guevara and Spears was better than expected but not amazing. Young Bucks vs JE was pretty good but sick of post-match brawls at this stage even if it did lead to the set-up of the stipulation and qualifiers for All Out so fair enough. Ford vs Rosa was alright, wanted it to be better unfortunately. I thought Jericho/MJF was dull even if it had the story and MJF going over and all that the match itself was nothing exciting.

That Dan Lambert promo was a bit odd, some real cheap heat stuff and I don't know why you have the UFC lads there to do nothing. Seemed like a real dead end of a segment as much as I'm sure it will lead to something down the line. Some good promos from Moxley and Miro, him vs Eddie Kingston will be awesome. I do want to say, who the hell is putting QT Marshall vs Big Show on any card nevermind at All Out?! I do want to say that if this was announced in WWE people would be rightfully dumping all over it and I say that as someone who enjoyed Show's last few matches.

As for Punk, they weren't subtle before but Kenny's t-shirt made it pretty clear. I think you have to put him on first or the whole show gets derailed. Be very interested to see how they book his debut.

Advertisement