Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Electric Picnic 2021 - Cancelled :( **No Ticket Sales / Requests **

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,694 ✭✭✭Stillill42

She presented the Covid Committee with a plan, had it rejected and was even denied a seat at the table for said committee. Jesus. I cannot wait to hear the details. Sounds disgraceful.

I have steam coming out my ears here.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,765 ✭✭✭✭The Nal

Couple of comments there that are ominous.

"the second highest 14-day incidence rate for Covid anywhere in Europe"

"The next six months could be more damaging than the previous 18 if a reopening strategy does not take everything into account.”

• Registered Users Posts: 12,577 ✭✭✭✭bodhrandude

I mean why are we not attacking this virus with ballistic missiles, just obliterate it tae phuck!.

If you want to get into it, you got to get out of it. (Hawkwind 1982)

Oh give me strength. To hell with these vague generalities. We're the best, we're the worst. Christ, what will be different in 6 months? We're almost where they are in the States now, where they are in the North, in that everyone who WILL have a vaccine, HAS a vaccine. Albeit with far healthier percentages. These poor feckers in the music industry are looking to stage events for fully vaccinated people or people who can prove they are virus free. When, you absolute tools, when??? Could somebody please stand in front of a microphone and tell us under what circumstances a few hundred of us fully vaccinated, fully compliant citizens can stand in front of a band again?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,373 ✭✭✭Fatfrog

😉 Fair play, Academy!. Get the message out there.

And while we're at it, who's the comedian in RTE who scheduled Chisty Moore's 'My life on the road' for now?

I just don't get what we're doing? If covid is really still dangerous and we have a high incidence rate, are we going to have another lock down? And if we did, what are we trying to achieve if our borders are open.

If we say "Lock down isn't needed" as we have a high vaccine uptake. What's the acceptable metric.

No conspiracy theory, but I'd love to drill down on the hospital figures that's the only card that can be played now, we could have 10,000 cases per day, but if there's only a hand full in hospital, the 10,000 is irrelevant.

We've already heard 1 in 3 women are listed as "hospitalised" simply because they're pregnant and can't remain in the maternity hospital. So those figures we see daily, you can remove 1/6 approx.

But I wonder what else?? I guess if you're already in hospital and you contract covid, are you then considered in this count?

If someone is or has a family member that's abnormally precautious, they can sway doctors/nurses or the individual to stay in over night, particularly if they have any ailment!

Todays meet was really disappointing! Not even a token agreement for live music! I mean all they needed to say is "we'll arrange a 2000 capacity outdoor test event in September, no mask, no PODs, with test before and after, trial run then we can make a further decision afterwards". Not going to help EP21 (That's 100% gone now) but atleast it would have been something!!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,891 ✭✭✭Rfrip

it's all so incredibly sh1t

• Advertisement

In fact I'll go one bit further and say that the drip feed "2 weeks to flatten the curve" approach & without even the slightest offering of live events yesterday, it tells me we are a long long way from gigs, months possibly years!

Surprised we haven't seen a petition yet + I can see some form of protests in the coming months.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,944 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

They are saying no easing of any further restrictions until the end of Sept according to the Indo as they want to get schools/colleges back which is fine but then at the same time any student going back to school/college who wants a vaccine will be fully done so why are we still being over cautious as if we still had f all of the population vaccinated.

I'm worried about that when they actually do these so called trial reopening events they will spend months on doing silly ones like 500/1000 people in the 3Arena spaced out around which means no normal gigs till at least 2022. With venues like the 3Arena or vicar at etc they are capped at capacity which means you won't be able to cram in extra people like you would at a pub which means it would be safer. Plus make all upcoming indoor events fully vaxxed only.

I'm just worried that the fact minister Martin won't be on any covid committee is worrying because unfortunately her hands are tied in once sense so they will keep priorities on other things. Its just a massive kick in the teeth the likes of the gaa and football have had or will have games going forward with crowds (which is great for them) but yet events/music have been forgotten about. Part of me thinks they are putting it on the back burner until they get too close to EP so they can get past it and Melvin will have cancelled so a small bit of pressure is off them which is ridiculously unfair.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,751 ✭✭✭rubick

Just have two Picnics in 2022, one in March/April and one at the usual time.

Save time on building the September one by having most of it built earlier in the year.

Open the site from the Wednesday.

Freeflow cans across the site.

Radiohead, Aphex Twin etc.

Big Tony saying the peak of this wave will be next month, then we're into winter so looks like we've a few barren months ahead.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,654 ✭✭✭Mucker46

This is so frustrating for us music fans but must be horrific for the artists and crews who cant do anything about the fact that they cannot work. And while things will hopefully get back to normal at some stage they cant really make up for what they lost. I am worried that the get everyone vaccinated and this will end proclamations are now being viewed as flawed and there is no sense of when we will get back to some level of normality. We are doing brilliantly on vaccination levels but its not being reflected demonstrably in real life returning and as other countries not doing so well on vaccinations high likelihood that we will have ups and downs as we reopen and as we know the arts will be the first to suffer. Sorry to be depressing.

Listening to the new Lyla Foy album Fornever which is cheering me up.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,944 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

Transmit in Scotland and the Biffy Clyro gig have gotten the green light by Glasgow City Council 😡😡

Nice little final slap in the face

Entertainment sector should have reopened this summer, immunologist says

https://www.irishtimes.com/news/politics/entertainment-sector-should-have-reopened-this-summer-immunologist-says-1.4650824

• Registered Users Posts: 4,971 ✭✭✭endainoz

Nialler9s latest podcast is pretty damning in fairness, seems everyone is pretty deflated at this point.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,557 ✭✭✭✭everlast75

PCR tests are between 50e and 90e.

Antigen tests are 7e.

Absolutely no ****ing reason why people could not congregate once they have tested negative within the previous 24 hours. None.

Ill just leave this here to put things into perspective

• Advertisement

I think personally that Catherine Martin should resign, if she sticks to her own principles and makes it due to the governments apathy toward this, it will bring the government into disrepute for a bit to have another minister depart the office. Maybe it might shake them into coming up with a plan. Of course, schools and colleges will be the next priority in the talks I'd imagine.

Nialler9 had said on the podcast that Catherine Martin isnt even on the covid committee?! That's absolutely crazy when you think about it.

I'm not really buying Catherine Martin's role here either. I mean she's currently presenting herself as on he side of the music industry, having presented a roadmap to government that was rejected, asked for a seat on the Covid committee, rejected...she's not a plucky outsider fighting for the little man, this is HER government, her colleagues. She's either a minister with some power, some say, or what is she? Make something happen or get out.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,630 ✭✭✭Seathrun66

Fully in agreement Stillill. She's also an opportunist as was shown with her attempt to oust Eamonn Ryan and other Machiaveillan shenanigans in the party. I have no faith in what she says and believe she's posturing for reasons of later personal advantage.

Good luck fish_fingers enjoy Green Man, take as many videos and pics to show us what we're missing.

Saw Fuinneamh festival put this up today, you'd feel bad for a small independent festival like them. I remember last year we were hopeful for it to go ahead because it was the only thing on.

https://fb.watch/7ujyQSObdf/

Assuming we'll be gigging by February, I just got tickets to the Delines at the Liberty Hall theatre for the 12th. @Seathrun66 You're a fan of those guys, aren't you? Bizarre, I'm in the middle of a Willy Vlautin book and I just had a flick to see if they're touring. Lo and behold...

It's a small act of defiance.

Sad seeing the site and I feel for the guys because the site and festival look great. However he lost me with the 'freedom of expression' vaccine ethos. To me freedom to not be vaccinated doesn't equal freedom to roam around with a much higher likelihood of infecting people thus indirectly creating greater risk to the most vulnerable. I think it's utter boll*cks basically and personally I'd block their licence if allowed that option. Harsh to some but it ain't asking much to protect our society to take a couple of jabs with miniscule side-effects to almost all. Rant over.

Had seen that but held off in case they returned here. May buy for the Dublin gig but I'm up to my eyeballs in retained tickets and have lost track of what I've booked.

And yeah, i'm an enormous fan. I really like Richmond Fontaine but these guys are a step up. Amy Boone's vocals are stunning and the keyboardist from the Decembrists also a great addition. Her getting through a hideous car accident and finally being able to walk onto a stage again is a story in itself. They're also very friendly and a real pleasure to catch them in Galway in Jan 2019. Vlautin very chatty and said they'd be back in early 2020. We know how that panned out. A great writer too and I can't speak highly enough of their live show. Yep, though I may not have been clear, I do like 'em.

• Advertisement

Feb gig is three days before Dry Cleaning in Dublin so the chances of doing both are small. Will see you at one of the other.

This I've always loved too, despite it feeling too close to home.

Advertisement