Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Getting spotlights fitted

Options
  • 02-09-2005 4:50pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 9,463 ✭✭✭

I'm getting a set of spot's fitted to my bike in 2 weeks and I was wondering what the best setup is. The shop thats fitting them wants to know if I want them tied in with the high beems or low beem etc.

Any idea's ??

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 418 ✭✭saobh_ie

Cool. You'll have to let me know how that works out.

I'd imagine (and I mean imagine because I know very little about the mechanics.. electrics... of motorbikes at this point) that if the spots were tied into the low beam they would be on whenever you had low beam on, all of the time?

If hooked into the high beam they would only flick on when you put on your high beam...

Your spots I presume are either on, or they're off. So it depends on what you want them for.

If it is just for conspicuousness, I’d wire them into the low beams. They’ll be on all the time. Or if your going belting through the night down lanes and stuff I’d set them to the high beams. In any case, presumably you can just get them changed if your not happy with them.

Anyway, before you go in park your bike facing a dark wall somewhere at night and take a photo of your light pattern so you can show us the difference after the fact. =D

• Registered Users Posts: 6,630 ✭✭✭gline

could also be like on my bike there are 2 spots on the unit, 1 for low beam and 1 for high. But they can be wired so that 1 is low and the 2 of them light up when the high beam is switched. Not sure how this is done, but that is the way id love to have mine, need a relay or something though

• Registered Users Posts: 3,730 ✭✭✭horse7

How did it work out?

• Registered Users Posts: 723 ✭✭✭Sir Galahad

A new record for Thread Revival ? Sixteen years since lat post 🤗

• Registered Users Posts: 1,545 ✭✭✭Green_Martian

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,957 ✭✭✭✭GBX

Well it's a post in the motorbike forum. Been quiet of late 🤣

• Registered Users Posts: 3,730 ✭✭✭horse7

Where,s my bookmarks gone?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,957 ✭✭✭✭GBX

Advertisement