Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Katherine Zappone Envoy Gig

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 481 ✭✭mariab21

Some deflecting going on this morning.

Alot of talk about a spreadsheet 'the majority don't care about'

• Registered Users Posts: 1,760 ✭✭✭dudley72

Do you understand what deflection means? You fire it out in every different thread in every single discussion.

It seems like it’s just a buzz word you picked up, like people online talking about vulture funds and you ask them what it is and they haven’t a clue

• Registered Users Posts: 69,176 ✭✭✭✭FrancieBrady

Yes, one poster has headed off after wilfully refusing to work out who I was referring to in an effort not to accept that it was dudley72 who introduced 'middle groups' to the conversation.

Then had a dig about the spreadsheet...all in an effort to avoid admitting they had gotten it all wrong yesterday about who said what and FOI etc.

A priceless example of classic deflection.

I didn't ask Francie, did I? plus I didn't ask for an example with involved attacking a poster. It would seem attacking posters is the answer to all questions for some people.

• Advertisement

A. I see no attack in Francie post

B. Deflecting is doing everything and anything to distract from the subje

The rather strange definition of 'attack' and 'abuse' raises it's head again in order to deflect from getting it wrong about 'a lot of deflection this morning'.

A. A normal person would just describe what deflection is about, no need to reference a poster at all

B. You seem to pick and choose what is deflection to suit your point of view. Many conversations have gone off topic here, all the posts about Zappone work prior to getting elected is one example, which had nothing to do with the topic but as it was insulting to Zappone you had no issue with it. If I could be bothered I bet I can find multiple conversation very similar which you had no issue with.

If you have such an issue over deflection then call it out all the time. Not just pick and choose.

You don't find it strange the Merrion were the only hotel in the whole nation who knew the rules, they even had to let the man who signed off on the rules, know what the rules were.

I cannot take anything you say serious once you said that

Asked and answered.

You created a username based on Maria Bailey, then had the disaster about the Bohs match. Do you think anyone is taking you seriously?

It makes no difference to me if you do or don't take me seriously.

• Advertisement

Couldn't care less what you think, considering your posting none stop for days on a nothing story that nobody cares about, i wouldn't be trying to attack other posters

If you don't care what I think then why do you keep posting me questions?

I haven't attacked you, again I would read up on online bullying, you said you couldn't take me seriously and I just responding with why I am not taking you seriously. I told the truth and didn't make anything up.

You are accusing me as not a serious poster because of a story you have fabricated which has zero proof in it. I made my point clear yesterday in a long post, still available to read.

What have i made up?

Leo called the Merrion to clarify the rules to make sure all was in order, i didnt make this up Leo told everybody. Failte Ireland and all other hotels have came out and said they were unaware this type event was allowed

None of that is made up

At this stage it is safe to say that is what dudley72 wishes to deflect from.

This is what you asked: "Simple question, do you find it strange NO hotel in Ireland knew these rules but the Merrion did? A simple yes or no question"

Which I answered(sorry I can't get multiple quotes to work)

What have i made up?

Leo called the Merrion to clarify the rules to make sure all was in order, i didnt make this up Leo told everybody. Failte Ireland and all other hotels have came out and said they were unaware this type event was allowed

None of that is made up

As you didn't get the answer you wanted you are now on this line.

You asked a question, I answered. I was clear on the answer. You have no information to confirm either the Merrion or the people involved in the event are lying yet you are making accusations I cannot be taken serious because I won't agree with you?

You can continue but at this stage I see it pointless to waste each other time going over the same topic with no new information.

• Registered Users Posts: 218 ✭✭CDarby

Lots of pedantry, misrepresenting and downright lying going on here since late yesterday evening, carried on through the early hours, and back at it this morning again. Obviously there's a concerted effort to try and get this discussion censored or shut down. Funnily enough, it's coming from the same fellas and lasses who are trying to insist this is a nothing story, and no one is interested in it. Hopefully the powers that be on this site will see through it, and some kind of intervention is imminent.

We even had a post that was hoping the story was about to be overshadowed by the allegations of some wrongdoings by a, then unnamed political figure, and then go on to use the suicide of presumably the same political figure as a reason why people shouldn't be prying and asking questions of the political elite here. That's, in my opinion really, really low.

Is this where we have arrived as a nation, that those that have cheerled and supported what these clowns in government have and are continuing to do to this potentially great nation? Deflect, lie, obfuscate anything at all, nothing is too low to try and divert people's eyes from what's going on?

Leo Varadkar, and whomever else was at that party have proven without a shadow of a doubt that they don't care about you, me, or any of the rest of us mere plebs, (anyone not part of their elite inner circle), lockdowns and restrictions and guidelines are only for us. Not for them.

Hopefully we will learn more in the coming days and weeks as to who was there, and let the electorate decide their fate ultimately.

There's only been a few times in my relatively young life I've been ashamed of what our country must look like to outsiders looking in on out political affairs.

Martin, Varadkar and Ryan need to be slung out on their ears. Political pariah's made out of them. They're laughing at us. They're a disgrace and they need to go.

Those on here trying to dismiss it, and deflect are every bit as bad. God forgive me for saying it, but crap like this wouldn't even go on in Tory land England. Even the conservatives, if they were caught at crap like this would be sacked or forced to resign within days.

Yes I'm angry. I've every right to be too.

Post edited by CDarby on

If people wanted the story "censored or shut down" then they wouldn't comment on it. Are people not allowed to point out that this story is not as big as made out on this thread?

Posters are just giving their opinion. As some of these are different this seems to have upset a lot of people and hence we have the carry on here now. People claiming to be embarrassed to be Irish etc.

You are 100% entitled to your opinion, I am not and never will say anyone can't have their opinion even if it differs to mine. You seem to think that your opinion is better than others, you are right and they are wrong. Maybe you are, maybe you arn't but that doesn't mean they are not entitled to their opinion. That is the major problem here, a certain section of this forum is unwilling to accept other people have an opinion. To me that is a massive warning red light for Ireland, if people think sticking a political party into government so they will force their opinion onto everyone? that is scary s**te

If you want an echo chamber then boards is not the place to be, I am sure you can get access to some political party websites which will agree with you 100%, in here you will always find different opinions, that is the fun of it

Successfully avoiding what Varadkar said himself again.

Who you think you are fooling with these avoidance/opting out antics one can only guess.

Point out people are flat out lying and misrepresenting others, and what do you do?

People claiming to be embarrassed to be Irish etc.

I never said, I was ashamed to be Irish, I said I was ashamed of how our country (IE politically) must look to others.

I doubt there's much point even reading the rest of that post, most likely not the only misrepresentation in it would be my guess.

Good Grief.

You claimed this thread was full of "Lots of pedantry, misrepresenting and downright lying going on here since late yesterday evening". Sorry I won't quote the entire post as too big but it is directly above for people to read

If you are following the thread as claimed a person made a large post yesterday evening claiming to be embarrassed to be Irish, hence the reference which sorry I thought you would have read because it was in the timelines you mention.

Don't bother reading the rest of the post. That is of course your choice.

• Advertisement

And that poster corrected your misrepresentation of what he/she said, which WASN'T that he/she was 'embarrassed to be Irish'.

You guys keep digging holes for yourselves.

Can you quote who claimed to be ashamed to be Irish? I'm not trying to be difficult, I genuinely didn't see anyone say that.

If I get a stock response of "leave you to it", or "search for it", I'll assume it's further evidence of my whole point.

Wilfully lying and misrepresenting people.

• Registered Users Posts: 451 ✭✭MBE220d

For a so-called story of '' no interest to the general public', there sure is some level of defending going on here now, it's even got a day shift and a night shift of defenders in operation now.

There must be a few worried heads around Leinster Houe.

This is the post from yesterday. I only mentioned as it was within the time lines you mentioned and was kind of similar to your post(before you jump on me I said kind of and just reminded when I read yours, no offence meant to either you or other poster)

As I said sorry I thought you would have seen it and recognized the quote, I was not saying you are ashamed to be Irish and I think if you read my post again it should be clear I wasn't.

How many people are posting on this thread and how many people live in Ireland?

Are we not over this day and night shift bulls**t? people work different hours/different times. It is 100% normal for people to pick up and drop off a thread on both sides of the discussion with these statements.

AND the poster clarified that they were embarrassed by Irish political shenanagins BUT YOU choose to keep misrepresenting them.

Appalling and disingenuous behaviour.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,365 ✭✭✭✭McMurphy

Seems this is the list of the politicians yet to, or refusing to confirm their attendance, or lack of, at the merrion hotel. Obviously, refusing to, is absolutely their right. And quite possibly some of them have not got around to doing so either way yet too.

There's just a load of names on it, that I really would not be surprised if they're names that are eventually confirmed as being in attendance.

Fair few of them probably nervous about now.

Great entertainment altogether.

No sign of senators being asked anything on this,an equally important arm of irish parliment let away into night as most are unsure of how it works

There is a list of senators who have responded saying they didn't attend going around

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,301 ✭✭✭gordongekko

What's the point in this? Let's say none of them were there!!! Who do the mob go after?? Is it civil servants,? journalists? When will our mob be happy?

Advertisement