Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Relaxation of Restrictions, Part XII *Read OP For Mod Warnings*

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 894 ✭✭✭FlubberJones

Care less about schools and colleges, from my viewpoint there are more important issues to focus on.

• Registered Users Posts: 975 ✭✭✭Parachutes

You get the sense that NPHET crowd love the pontificating and control they have over the populace.

• Registered Users Posts: 198 ✭✭zebastein

Funny how all the year long the schools are not responsible for any case, it is all the fault of the parents with their play dates after school, etc. We don't see any spreading events, blablabla

But we need to stop easing restrictions when it is back to school time, as if we are expecting an increase of cases due to schools. 🙄

• Registered Users Posts: 3,193 ✭✭✭Patrick2010

Once the schools and colleges are back we'll be into October and then the talk will be of the flu season and more people indoors so more danger of covid spreading. Then it will be that the original vaccines people received are not as effective due to variants so booster shots will be required. Hence restrictions remain until everyone gets these. Face it folks these restrictions are here to stay with this government and NPHET.

Great chance for the Northern Ireland tourist board, live gigs, much less restrictions only a short drive up the road.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,439 ✭✭✭✭bucketybuck

The only road map NPHET has is the one for stretching this "emergency" out as long as possible.

Push indoor dining as far into summer as possible - delay until Dail holiday period - redirect towards schools - delay again as long as possible into October/November - start pushing the "remember last christmas angle - Flu season Jackpot!!!!

• Advertisement

It ends when we don’t comply anymore.

• Registered Users Posts: 481 ✭✭mariab21

Going by my town majority of pubs are not complying and most people are doing what they like at this stage.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,812 ✭✭✭✭bear1

Here in Warsaw you start to see people not bothering with masks anymore and shop owners aren't bothering to ask.

Petrol stations are pretty much mask free at this stage even though we are supposed to.

Is it happening likewise back home?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,571 ✭✭✭Penfailed

I can see why you are struggling. Let me explain - There's a difference between live music being played in an outdoor bar area and an actual gig by a touring band. Both are live music but one is not the same as the other.

Gigs '24 - Ben Ottewell and Ian Ball (Gomez), The Jesus & Mary Chain, The Smashing Pumpkins/Weezer, Pearl Jam, Green Day, Stendhal Festival, Forest Fest, Electric Picnic, Ride, PJ Harvey, Pixies, Public Service Broadcasting, Therapy?, IDLES(x2)

• Registered Users Posts: 435 ✭✭godzilla1989

Google percentage difference between two numbers

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,781 ✭✭✭Backstreet Moyes

We need well educated kids coming into the workforce to pay off all this debt.

We can open up everything like other countries only for our health care system.

The people overseeing this pandemic are the same experts that have overseen one of the worst mismanaged healthcare systems in Europe despite being giving billions to run it.

Lockdowns and restrictions help ease the pressure on the health care system that Nphet have overseen.

You can have people say nobody wants restrictions but it certainly helps ease pressure on the people who are advising the government the longer we enforce restrictions.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,136 ✭✭✭✭is_that_so

That's a rinse and repeat report from last September, with the only difference being that 3rd level are now in the mix. Why are people so surprised that this is still a priority?

another example here of how CELEBS get round quarantine.. so you can imagine what the politicians are like on their cosy little "we are the world" junkets.

That would make me sick If I lived there... while they strangle hold their own tax paying citizens.

Hong Kong acknowledges quarantine exemption as Nicole Kidman films TV series (msn.com)

There's a lot to get through with this post. I'll try though. I'll take it paragraph by paragraph for ease of understanding.

I'm not trying to deny we have restrictions in Ireland.

I'm not currently trying to defend the restrictions and NPHET. I have done at different stages throughout the whole thing but I currently think restrictions are too tight. I also thought they were too restrictive last summer.

Regarding the paragraph about heading north, unvaccinated and hugging people - I wasn't bragging. I didn't hug anyone that didn't already know my vaccine status. I only had Covid a month ago so I've less chance of potentially infecting someone than someone who has been vaccinated.

I don't constantly defend NPHET and have been critical of them at various stages throughout the pandemic.

I'm not all over the place but because you have formed an opinion of me it has coloured your perception of my postings.

Post edited by Penfailed on

Gigs '24 - Ben Ottewell and Ian Ball (Gomez), The Jesus & Mary Chain, The Smashing Pumpkins/Weezer, Pearl Jam, Green Day, Stendhal Festival, Forest Fest, Electric Picnic, Ride, PJ Harvey, Pixies, Public Service Broadcasting, Therapy?, IDLES(x2)

The best that can happen now would be to see a decrease in hospital and ICU numbers. We should see the effects of the big spike of jabs which were given in July. The 20-30s are getting their second jabs now, the people who got a Janssen in the pharmacies are now 4weeks in and the immunity should be built.

If we can see more discharges in the hospitals (high amount of people being admitted 2weeks ago should lead to a high number of discharges now), and the numbers stabilizing, it will be hard to announce on the 1st September that nothing can be lifted.

Agree these are merely token gestures and nope they don’t want music, they even have a ban on dancing. It’s puritanical in a way when you see the big events in other countries, maybe Ireland is just turning into a backwater!!

This is getting frustrating. I DO CARE! I agree with you. It should be happening here. Nothing I've said should indicate otherwise.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,136 ✭✭✭✭is_that_so

By September 1st only schools and 3rd level will be confirmed. Everything else is likely to have to wait until the end of the main vaccination programme in late September.

• Registered Users Posts: 36,308 ✭✭✭✭LuckyLloyd

• Registered Users Posts: 5,621 ✭✭✭giveitholly

And can you honestly see further easing of restrictions by the end of Sept and we heading into the winter period? Can you see indoor concerts and music allowed? Not a hope,swimming lessons,various classes like Irish dancing for children and many other activities allowed restart,the mind boggles that we have so many people vaccinated and so many restrictions still in place. Then you have the likes of Mary Favier(not sure if I spelt her name correctly) preaching on the radio about keeping restrictions in place,the fact that someone like her is getting airtime says it all about this country and our weak spineless leaders. And don't get me started on the opposition

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,780 ✭✭✭Buffman

Move your wedding to Northern Ireland and do whatever you want.

FYI, if you move to a 'smart' meter electricity plan, you CAN'T move back to a non-smart plan.

You don't have to take a 'smart' meter if you don't want one, opt-out is available.

Buy drinks in 3L or bigger plastic bottles or glass bottles to avoid the DRS fee.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,893 ✭✭✭JDxtra

Just one more winter to flatten the curve...? 🙄

How long till they start using the term “lockdown season” ?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,669 ✭✭✭Allinall

ICU down to 52 today, from 54.

Numbers in hospital down to 244, from 248 yesterday.

Hopefully the start of a trend.

https://covid19ireland-geohive.hub.arcgis.com/pages/hospitals-icu--testing

What difference does it make. They will make up some other **** to justify the slowest reopening in Europe

• Registered Users Posts: 6,669 ✭✭✭Allinall

Fair enough.

Stay in denial, and enjoy your wedding.

I don't think there is one single opinion in this government. We have seen it with the Hotel quarantine, we see it now with the Arts Minister.

The problem so far is that there was too much uncertainty and not enough positive facts for the ministers in favour of easing the restrictions to put enough pressure. With vaccination and if numbers in hospitals are stable or decrease, that is an opportunity to have this voice heard.

The head of the government is spineless: the archbishop allowed communions to happen, and the government had to include it in the next reopening. If other parts of society put enough pressure, they will get things. So far the Irish people have been very polite and complacent, so MM and his friends could decide what they want without any pressure

This is what happens when you use google as opposed to knowledge. You are measuring the change from x1 to x2.

• Advertisement

What denial. You saying we havnt the slowest reopening in Europe. We just found out 2 weeks ago the Govt rejected a roapmap to reopen by the Minister for Arts.

Advertisement